It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Post ( The Mayans Were Right)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
archaeology.about.com...

That should take care of maya or mayan as i dont see that it make a difference.
Everything I have read about this subject says that it is an end of an era and a time of change starting in 1998.

I did not believe the 21/12 bang all gone thing

American enslaved African of course they did they were not enslaved by the British & French and then when they got to America the Americans never said you are free to go , they enslaved them also and for a few good years after all the rest abolished slavery. The point I was making was about comparing these days to now not who made them slaves.

Were the Mayans right' well if they said a time of change then I think they were right as I have seen great change in the last 20 years.

Someone says europe is united and that is freedom, are you having a laugh, these people are non elected and have created a closed shop that would embarrass any union.

These unelected people took a vote and no one without a degree can get a top job in this Euopean Union, it is an elitest organization, where you find freedom here baffles me.

This nip picking takes away from any message a person is trying to get across.

When you lose all your freedoms and are in a Fema camp and your son or daughter says "daddy did you not know this was happening" what are you going to say.

Yes I did read it honey' but you must understand It was not in paragraphs so i ignored it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Mayans were, in all probability, controlled by a leadership that was no more and no less cultist in its outlook, ruled by fear and made an outlandish prediction that THEIR World would end.
Why is this all so bloody difficult to grasp? I understand the need for people to come here and discuss the finer points of subjects that are not on everbody elses radar but, I reckon, there are more nut jobs drawn to this place than a lightbulb would attract moths if it were shoved into a whole World of moths.
Yet again, people are doing some severe back pedalling because they have either made themselves look moronic or they just have to read into things and come up with their own clap trap conclusions.....which were wrong.
Want to know why the wider society isnt listening? Have a good look around here for the answers.
No, the "World" is not going through a "Spiritual" change it is merely evolving, as it always has and it always will. Planet Earth, like fashion, will go through cycles, heating up sometimes, cooling down others, some places that are cold will get warm and some cold places will get hot. We may all get cancer and die due to the depletion of the ozone layer but, as yet, the places where it is at its thinest ( IIRC South America) has yet to report a catasrophic increase in skin cancers and the like.
No, us humans CANNOT control the Earths cycle of change so buying Electric cars and sticking up wind turbines wont change anything but to make us all poorer in the pocket.
Consipracies? Yep, loads, the Governments of the World lie to us, they always have and, guess what? They always will.
There is no change. Yesterday will be the same as tomorrow, we shall all get through Christmas and see in the New year, just like before.
Some of us will amuse ourselves by visiting here and posting, some will make it their lifes work to "uncover the truth" when the only truth is that they need to join the rest of us in "Real life".
Many will continue to speculate the End of the World and, at some stage, somebody will find another ancient civilisation to examine, decode and give us the terrible truth.
Maybe 2013 will be more about fact and less about fiction.
Till then, I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2013.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LFN69
The Mayans were, in all probability, controlled by a leadership that was no more and no less cultist in its outlook, ruled by fear and made an outlandish prediction that THEIR World would end.
Why is this all so bloody difficult to grasp? I understand the need for people to come here and discuss the finer points of subjects that are not on everbody elses radar but, I reckon, there are more nut jobs drawn to this place than a lightbulb would attract moths if it were shoved into a whole World of moths.
Yet again, people are doing some severe back pedalling because they have either made themselves look moronic or they just have to read into things and come up with their own clap trap conclusions.....which were wrong.
Want to know why the wider society isnt listening? Have a good look around here for the answers.
No, the "World" is not going through a "Spiritual" change it is merely evolving, as it always has and it always will. Planet Earth, like fashion, will go through cycles, heating up sometimes, cooling down others, some places that are cold will get warm and some cold places will get hot. We may all get cancer and die due to the depletion of the ozone layer but, as yet, the places where it is at its thinest ( IIRC South America) has yet to report a catasrophic increase in skin cancers and the like.
No, us humans CANNOT control the Earths cycle of change so buying Electric cars and sticking up wind turbines wont change anything but to make us all poorer in the pocket.
Consipracies? Yep, loads, the Governments of the World lie to us, they always have and, guess what? They always will.
There is no change. Yesterday will be the same as tomorrow, we shall all get through Christmas and see in the New year, just like before.
Some of us will amuse ourselves by visiting here and posting, some will make it their lifes work to "uncover the truth" when the only truth is that they need to join the rest of us in "Real life".
Many will continue to speculate the End of the World and, at some stage, somebody will find another ancient civilisation to examine, decode and give us the terrible truth.
Maybe 2013 will be more about fact and less about fiction.
Till then, I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2013.

Maybe some people did panic and make wild guesses but the truth is the internet is so full of junk some people dont know what to believe.

My 30 year old son said to me today i knew it was all rubbish, its the same with niburu the glass skulls etc, then I said but we know there was past civilizations that were advanced,
he butted in ( oh because they found an ancient computer or had batteries' listen dad its all crap, years ago they had religion and now people don't believe in god or go to church as much and to control the people they need the fear factor that the churches have supplied over the years so they can control the population.

The only thing I would believe is that they are out to reduce the population because they are scared that if they lose control mobs of people will go after them, so they keep you scared when the truth is they are scared themselves..

My son does not have a computer and does not entertain end of the world doom news, but he did get me thinking when he said because someone carves on a stone of paint on a cave wall people believe the knew our future.

If they were that smart why did they not say' hey there's a tree lets make paper because the carving is hurting my hands.

He said governments work like pickpockets

What if he is right and all artifacts are modern and just to keep our mind occupied and distracted because if we were not distracted we might see what is really going on.
And that came from a 30 year old who does not have a computer.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Excellent first post. And I think you nailed it down for everyone as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Change no different than in the past.

In the 1800s people went from golden age economy to civil war in 40 years.

In the 1880s, people went from tiny nation America to world super power America in 20 years. Also the unprecedented medical and technological progress.

In the 1900s people went from stable global hierarchy to global world war in 20 years. Flight, metal ships, and all sorts of advances.

In the 1920s people went from ford motor car to the nuclear bomb in 20 years.

In the 1940s people went from nuclear bomb to moon landing in 20 years.

In the 1960s people went from the telephone to the personal computer and internet in 20 years.

In the 1980s people went from the internet and personal computer to websites, forums, youtube, and google in 20 years.

The mayans didn't predict anything new. They observed a pattern humanity follows for all its existence.

Even in Rome. In the 200s, people went from archaic technology to primitive steam engines, paddle boats, primitive rail roads, even medical knowledge of bacteria and the use of injections and brain surgery, all within the span of two centuries....just like we did 2000 years later.

Nothing changes. They were right because they said, "hey look, this is reality".

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
And when I die and meet my maker I hope he does not show me a video and explain where I went wrong to him, no I want him to explain to me why he let this cruelty go on such as child starvation, abuse, drones, illegal mass killing bombing raids, If I had the power of a god I would have stopped it, when I was a kid I had to say grace before meals and thank god for providing the meal, so you took the credit so its only fair you take the blame when you provide nothing.
Anyway Merry Christmas.

Well written OP..
You hit the nail on the head.. it's due to the dozens of useless comments on this thread, i don't want to usually comment, but what you said is perfect,.
This life just doesn't make sense

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Tough day to be a Mayan. They just got exposed and the whole world saw it.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Excellent post. As I have watched and read ATS over the years and read everyone's complaints and conspiracies, I have but to wonder one question. Why? Why have this group of unified people done nothing? Everyone has an opinion, conspiracy, and a way to make things better, yet not one of you stands up takes the lead and brings everyone here towards a goal of change. Why not? That is what it will take, not sitting on the computer all day complaining or thinking you know some conspiracy, when in all reality the only people that know the truth are the ones who were there. Are you all scared to stand up and do something or are you all complacent and comfortable in your lives. Change will take everything one knows away and it will be gone for a long time and nothing would be the same again. I doubt many of you are ready for that and most are scared of that. It takes one to start change and a handful to change the world. Anything is possible. All bark, no bite.
edit on 21-12-2012 by sublik because: wrong spelling of a word

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by iSHRED

It is the Maya.

It is not the Mayans.

Everybody should try to stop making this mistake.

We're talking about a corrupt world and evil rulers who enslave us all, and you're worried about semantics????

See my post above.

This society has no respect for the Maya or their culture.

so to a tomato, if you say tom-AH-toe, it is disrespectful....

Whatever you call the Mayas/Mayans doesn't take away or add one bit of anything (except an N) and doesnt at all effect who they were or what they did.

So you're comparing a group of people to a tomato?

That people don't take the time to even understand the proper way to refer to an entire people and culture is indicative of how this whole 2012 mess became so...well...messy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My friend,

The Mayans were right, The Mayans said that at the end of the calendar there would be great change and it was all about change as we enter a new era.

The stone tablet with the calendar that was found was damaged and the part after 2012 is the part that has not been found. The Maya never said any such thing based on the Calendar because the other damaged part has not been found. There is absolutely no evidence that suggests the Maya made any kind of prediction/prophecy based on 2012.

The thing people cant seem to grasp is the very fact that we have absolutely NO evidence to support any kind of change happening based on this belief.

If we were to find the other half of the tablet then it " may " very well continue on and not stop at 2012.

The rest of your OP makes a lot of sense to me though, many thanks for sharing it

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Congrats on the first post. Amazingly you reached the top position on the home page with your first topic.

I haven't made my first topic creation post yet. I tried a couple of times but the system didn't allow it, saying my account was not senior enough or something.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz

And when I die and meet my maker I hope he does not show me a video and explain where I went wrong to him, no I want him to explain to me why he let this cruelty go on such as child starvation, abuse, drones, illegal mass killing bombing raids, If I had the power of a god I would have stopped it, when I was a kid I had to say grace before meals and thank god for providing the meal, so you took the credit so its only fair you take the blame when you provide nothing.
Anyway Merry Christmas.

Well written OP..
You hit the nail on the head.. it's due to the dozens of useless comments on this thread, i don't want to usually comment, but what you said is perfect,.
This life just doesn't make sense

You think too much philosophise too much and write too much.
The thread is a load of bull.
Life doesnt make sense? Has it ever? Not you, not me, not anybody will find the answers.
Maybe people should just, ya know, LIVE ferchrissakes.
Im sure people would be so much happier, hey they might not even kill each other..............

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

archaeology.about.com...

Did you read the link? I don't care too much for about.com, but they absolutely pointed out that there is a difference.

I'm sorry but stuff like this is just beginning to drive me crazy. You all just post crap without reading it. This whole site has become a fracking cesspool of incompetence.

edit on 12/21/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Right on OP, right on.

I have been thinking about many of the points addressed in your post this past year quite often. It doesn't make sense that the collective "we" on this planet are essentially ruled by a handful of power-drunken overlords. It is cruel and unusual, as we appear to be ever controlled by this law and that tax and this stipulation and this blah, blah, blah. It's especially funny to me being an American who has served in the military when I get people saying "Thank you for keeping us free!" I just have to chuckle to myself because I did nothing to keep anyone free. I served (blindly at the time) the purposes of the war machine and it's overlords, nothing more. And we are not free in America (USA). I hate it when people say that crap. Free is being able to go find a piece of unused land and claim it. Free is being able to build a house on said unused land and not be taxed till you die on it. Free is being able to travel, come and go as you please using whatever travel system you have (horse, dirt bike, boat, yak etc) with no ridiculous restrictions.

Want to see the world? Long ago, poor adventurers could do so with the aid of good Samaritans along the way. Good luck trying that now, hope you have at least thousands of disposable dollars to blow through and you're not on the no fly list. It's indeed incredible the amount of crap we put up with as people and in my opinion, the "third world countries" are freer than we are. I know some random donkey is going to advise me to go there and maybe illustrate the finer points of their lifestyles vs. our own in the wondrous "western" world, but at least they can grow their own food, keep animals for sustenance without breaking arbitrary county codes, and hunt as they wish, etc. We are regulated from the cradle to the grave in the west.

I think the reason why so many folks have hinged their hope on the Mayan/Maya
prophecies of 2012 regarding either total destruction or paradigm shift...is simply because we are all sick of this on a certain level. Even the more comfortable (House Ninja) types with the cushy gov't jobs and CEO level positions can't get away from the subconscious mass effect of the global discontent.

Most people are indeed slaves, and it's so sick that babies are born into this quagmire 9 out of 10 with their status on lock...the rich stay rich (and get richer) and the poor stay peasants. But how dare you get food stamps you horrible person, how dare you feed your kids. How dare you get welfare to survive. Meanwhile, bankers and companies are getting corporate level welfare in the Billions, and rich folks are getting tax kickbacks and subsidies if they have but one gnarled goat on a 4.5 acre parcel of land. I think the tipping point is near and people feel it, and many are hoping for the change, even if it's violent and bloody. Looks like there is no other recourse. The only ones who want it to remain the same are the ones benefiting from the misery of the rest of us.
edit on 21-12-2012 by HoppedUp because: bloody mistake

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
In all seriousness, jokes aside, saying if you had the power of a god you would have stopped it....that's a sentiment that I'm sure most people can relate to.

The problem is, when you introduce free will to the reality of life, if you are God, you either have free will, or you have billions of androids who only do your bidding.

God could still intercede without interrupting free will. He has done so numerous times according to Scripture, I believe Passover is one such event.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So the poles didn't shift, the asteroid didn't hit, the alien invasion didn't come, change of the world as we know it didn't happen, and all that but nothing that did happen and you say they were right? Yea right!
Would they have been wrong if the world did end?

edit on 21-12-2012 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

archaeology.about.com...

Did you read the link? I don't care too much for about.com, but they absolutely pointed out that there is a difference.

I'm sorry but stuff like this is just beginning to drive me crazy. You all just post crap without reading it. This whole site has become a fracking cesspool of incompetence.

edit on 12/21/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

Im Scots and get called Scottish and in England they say to me are you Scotch' Scotch is a drink but I know what they are asking and I say yes.

Why would i belitte them by saying no Im Scots, whether its Maya or Mayan makes no difference, but what really amazes me that with so much hapening in the world you care so much about Mayan or Maya, and i would bet my life on it that you have never met a Mayan or Maya.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
i mean seriously am i the only one who is sick and tired of this hell we call life? where is this enligthening or quickning i hear so often here on ats?

we are more aware of the injustice that surrounds us, more aware of the invisible shackles that imprison us? yeah we are, but yet we do nothing, we are hoping in despair that an armageddon comes from thin air and solves the problems of our existence once and for all, and when it doesnt happen we continue with our #ty lifes and hope a new miracle date is announced.

this is sad really

That's because ATS is our Jersey Shore.

We are entertained here and we waste countless hours instead of standing in front of our representatives' offices. Or protesting nation wide police brutality in front of the local police precinct.

I don't do it either. I'd rather get my daily news, and spend some time venting here... but it would be more productive for all of us to go out into the streets. Sometimes venting slows down the progress.

Khar

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
So the poles didn't shift, the asteroid didn't hit, the alien invasion didn't come, change of the world as we know it didn't happen, and all that but nothing that did happen and you say they were right? Yea right!
Would they have been wrong if the world did end?

edit on 21-12-2012 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

No the change would have just happened even quicker than I thought.

In the bible it say no one know the day or the time and this is what I believe.

people who predict the future are guessing, the Mayan was only interesting because of the long count coing to an end and people were curious.

Its like clairvoyants they say " I have and old lady, aw she is a sweet old thing, she is showing me a house now she is showing me a baby"
I think to myself well get her to show you a card with her name on it so we know who she is.

If you dont see it with your own eyes dont believe it, a simple rule to follow in life.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattiasDesigns

Originally posted by BSFC123
In all seriousness, jokes aside, saying if you had the power of a god you would have stopped it....that's a sentiment that I'm sure most people can relate to.

The problem is, when you introduce free will to the reality of life, if you are God, you either have free will, or you have billions of androids who only do your bidding.

God could still intercede without interrupting free will. He has done so numerous times according to Scripture, I believe Passover is one such event.

I don't swallow this freewill rubbish' we only have freewill when its suits christians to say that and take the blame for an absent god, gay people use freewill but are condemned by the church and I cant get my head round that.

We have a loving god and people who claim to love this loving god and attack a loving gay reletionship with hate and venom. I think if jesus comes back im hiding, I dont think he will be interested in 2 guys or woman in a loving relationship.
I dont want to try and explain how i have a spare room and people are sleeping on the streets, i dont want to explain why I have a fridge full of food and babys are dying of hunger before the age of one.

I think churches are just trying to divert attention away from themselves on to others, Yip as a christian if Jesus came back tomorrow I would hide.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join