It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Post ( The Mayans Were Right)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It certainly looks like the thread has deviated away from 2012 and the ancient Maya to a discussion of living conditions in what has been called the First World.

The ancient Maya had a civilization that ended a long time ago, well before European explorers overturned the New World. Their achievements such as being astronomers and independently developing a written language are lost in the mess caused by a few frauds that made up fairy tales about the transition from 1 baktun to the next.

These baktun were so long it makes me wonder why they used such long time periods. Was it used to inspire grandeur of the rulers? I have no idea. It certainly is not a useful unit for the lives of people. Maybe it was nothing more than the invention of the term google, a number so big it has no purpose other than to inspire people on how big numbers can be.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
the 'changes' in your OP transpired over the period of 140+ years

that would translate into about 7 Tuns (periods of 19+ years) of the Maya time keeping system

others may frame your comments as ... the decline of the western world

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Awesome post Op
agree with Almost
everything you said
feel about the same way too

ps
do a little more
fact finding about
the beginning of
the third paragraph
the American, African part

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
20 years != 1 day (Dec 21st, 2012)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Ridiculous thread title and claim. None of this has anything to do with the Mayan Prophecy. They were not "right". They didn't predict anything for this date in the first place, people just made # up and what do you know, nothing happened again.

The world is ALWAYS going through a "period of change". The current day events are no more significant than events in the past. People think everything is so crazy now, imagine living during the World Wars, or The Crusades or the Black Death or various other moments of great "change". I'm sure the people then also thought they were living through crazy periods of change or even the "end of the world". # always happens in this crazy world, but everyone is so self centered they want to believe their time is the most significant, it's not, get over yourselves and welcome to reality.
edit on 21-12-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321
reply to post by yadda333

Not the biggest deal. Seriously.

I disagree. I think it is a big deal.

You can't get their name right. You attributed false prophecies to them. The list goes on.

It shows a lack of respect for the people and their culture.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Originally posted by yadda333
It is the Maya.

It is not the Mayans.

Everybody should try to stop making this mistake.

We're talking about a corrupt world and evil rulers who enslave us all, and you're worried about semantics????

See my post above.

This society has no respect for the Maya or their culture.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
i mean seriously am i the only one who is sick and tired of this hell we call life? where is this enligthening or quickning i hear so often here on ats?

we are more aware of the injustice that surrounds us, more aware of the invisible shackles that imprison us? yeah we are, but yet we do nothing, we are hoping in despair that an armageddon comes from thin air and solves the problems of our existence once and for all, and when it doesnt happen we continue with our #ty lifes and hope a new miracle date is announced.

this is sad really
Well said and to the point, my feelings exactly other then "hell we live in". I personally don't fell like I am in a hell, just a very large human joke where most people refuse to belive that this is it, no gods and devils, just a defective species that can't seem to get it right and prays for doom to correct it all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oops, posted in error, sorry.

Second line.

edit on 21-12-2012 by kaptabs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How did this get so many flags when it relates nothing to anything.

There are some people here at ATS that really need to look inward and find their true self....stop being so concerned about the END OF THE WORLD and these people need to live.

So many ATS member fails today...so so many

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The Mayan were just another culture - no one is "disrespecting" them. Many cultures performed feats of amazing ingenuity. The Mayan pierced their penises to increase fertility and give honor to the "gods" (i.e. the stars and planets and moon and sun, whom they thought were deities). They sacrificed humans (captured humans at least - they didn't kill their own people). They were like many other civilizations. They did not make a prophecy. Making a calendar that ends on a certain date isn't a prophecy.

And the world is ALWAYS changing. People are just so self-centered, they feel what is happening NOW is the most important thing to ever occur in human history. I am certain humans throughout history have felt the same.

But this is normal.. I figured we'd see some "outs" for all the endless talk about how the world would experience a major "change" today. You are using the last 20 years as your out. The world changed a lot in your eyes in the last 20 years.. so the Mayans were right.

I'm sure we'll get our fair share of "omg I had a spiritual awakening! My world has changed! You didn't get the same? Clearly your mind wasn't "open" enough..." sort of posts as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I agree that we all are enslaved whether we know it or not. The key is to find a way to break out of it. People are too lazy and stupid now days. They would rather eat their McDonald's and watch tv. How do we break out of this madness? We can stand up. Look what happened to jfk when he stood up to big brother and wall street. Lives will need to be sacrificed. If everybody stands up, the illuminati is powerless. We need to band together, and get off our lazy butts!
edit on 21-12-2012 by aaronrabz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
reply to post by Picollo30

It makes me sad that people have that sort of mentality. The world has far too much splendor and beauty for us to have such a nihilistic, destructive way of looking at things.

Completely agree here. To get a good look at yourself, take a look at how you see things and that will tell you a lot about yourself. The world is not perfect, never was. There are wonderful things happening all over the planet every day. I think anyone who can't see how much the world has changed for the better in the last 50 years is deluded. The cold war ended, Europe united - so many other things. Nations help each other more than they ever have.

The very fact that we see how supposedly enslaved we are IS PROOF that things are getting better because it has been like this forever, yet that we are seeing it is the first step to getting out of it. 50 years ago, no one even knew!

Take of the brown colored glasses.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

It is the Maya.

It is not the Mayans.

Everybody should try to stop making this mistake.

We're talking about a corrupt world and evil rulers who enslave us all, and you're worried about semantics????

See my post above.

This society has no respect for the Maya or their culture.

so to a tomato, if you say tom-AH-toe, it is disrespectful....

Whatever you call the Mayas/Mayans doesn't take away or add one bit of anything (except an N) and doesnt at all effect who they were or what they did.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The end was not supposed to be on December 21st 2012 @ 11:11. It was the beginning of the new age. The apocalyptic events were supposed to beginning shortly (maybe the next couple of months) Never did anyone predict anything to start at 11:11 today

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Actually they weren't right.

What does you're post have to do about 2012? Oh I see, since nothing happened you have to try to make up another excuse for why it did that nobody else can see.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

Oh... So why did not everyone freak out tomorrow instead of today?

Geez.. Find the got damn time...I thought we were "safe" now.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

The end was not supposed to be on December 21st 2012 @ 11:11. It was the beginning of the new age. The apocalyptic events were supposed to beginning shortly (maybe the next couple of months) Never did anyone predict anything to start at 11:11 today

No. The date was the original whatever. Then it was changed because it was obvious that nothing was happening. All of the false predictions and false prophecies are being adjusted to the failure. It's the way that the con artist continues to draw money out of the wallets of the gullible.

Dates were set before 12/21/12. Look at Calleman who was a massive failure. He's writing a book about how he was right. I wrote to him and he sent an email telling me about his new book due to come out shortly. Drunvalo has moved his claims from 2012 to 2014 or later.

The way the game works is that the con artist makes up a shameless lie. Then they pretend it is true and factual. Next they explain away their obvious glaring failure by moving the goalposts. They do this as long as the money flows their way.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Namaste, my friend.

We would comment, but we try to keep out of the 'hoopla' that 'are' the comments that end up being sent; aside from those who seek understanding, and not clarification of innocent self ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
People have always been slaves. This is nothing new at all. For thousands of years this is seen throughout history. The rich control the poor. The government controls the rich. We beg and barter just to be middle class, which has been all but wiped out by the rich. I don't think that is what the Mayans had in mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join