It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Post ( The Mayans Were Right)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Excellent perspective. Great first thread.

Waiting now for the pendulum to swing back.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Good run at your first post....I guess if you were reading this on a blackberry it would be difficult but don't see what all the fuss is around paragraphs on your average size monitor...nice job OP!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
sorry op but i dont agree with you. i dont see any changes in the world or if there are any changes, it's a world changed to worst than stone age. yes we have technology, we have written language, we have internet, globalization but there's still a lot we don't have:

We don't have freedom (a world ruled by elites and the powerful is not a free world. Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy ), we don't have an equal society, we have money ruling and dictating our lifes,

We have high levels of pollution, we still dont have obtained and i doubt we will the levels of technology necessary to solve the problem of cancer and aids once and for all, we still haven't obtained a solution for space travel between long distances, it looks like technology and evolution is in a stand still or even worse in the grasp of a few elites and destined to black projects.

People everywhere are sick and tired of living even though they dont openly admit it, they feel it inside. Many families live in difficulties, they are sad, depressed, always striving to give their best to their children not really having time for themselves and for the trivial things, like enjoying the best life has to offer, and believe me this ain't it.

The Mayans didnt predict *hit, i came to the conclusion it was all a lie from the beginning, but if living in this *hithole of a rock is the change the Mayans predicted i say fu*k their predictiona, i would prefer to live in their time or in pre-history,i'm sure i would be happier then.

edit on 20-12-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

A few things: (some in response to this post, some to the OP)

1) everyone knows (or should have figured it out by now) that the Mayans didn't predict anything regarding 12/21/12. As to them being "right", and then describing one's miserable world view as the OP did. Well, they couldn't have been "right" about his perception of the world, because they never said anything about it.

2) while there are valid points, and the "bottom 99.99%" of us are certainly oppressed by the top 0.01%, it has ALWAYS been that way. The difference is that now we have significantly greater ability to affect our own economic status than we did in just about any period in history. No, things "right now" aren't as good economically as they were in the 1950's or the 1990's. Unfortunately, so many people have little to no knowledge of the economies of the past 50, 100, 200 years. We're going through a rough patch. For most people, that really sucks, especially now that so many have grown accustomed to things coming easy, and simply don't know how to fight and push to get to where they want to get to.

3) technology at a standstill?! Technology has been advancing at an ever-accellerating (sp?) pace! I mean, our technology probably advanced more in the past 18 months than in the previous 10 years. More in the past 10 than the previous 100 and so on...

4) the world now being worse than the stone age...this is a valid opinion, but I doubt one many would share? I mean, sure, there probably weren't as many rules and regulations, but to think there would be times where you might be on the hunt for days - hungry, covered in insect bites, and having to continue trudging forward because if you don't find food soon, you and everyone you love will starve to death. When it's 103 degrees with 97% humidity, there's no air conditioning. When it's negative 30 windchill, sure, you can hunker down and throw furs on, but you coukd try that out today too. Even with a fire going, after a few days of sitting around the fire, it wouldn't be so comfortable. And what would you do for bathing? Jump in 33 degree water? Or just wait until spring? The stone age wasn't all just enjoying nature and being happy. Try constant hard work, and en extreme struggle to survive. Maybe once in a great while celebrating one of the Elders' reaching the ripe old age of 30!

I don't understand why people have become so soft that this world feels so terrible and difficult for them. Is there simply no perspective of how things were in the past? Do people just believe they should all be living like billionaires? We're damn close to living in the greatest time ever to be humans, yet more and more people can't stop whining about how terrible everything is. I'm just confused as to why the world today seems to be such a terrible place for so many people. I know it's not perfect, but it's only as bad as many make it out to be if you choose to see and experience it that way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

sorry op but i dont agree with you. i dont see any changes in the world or if there are any changes, it's a world changed to worst than stone age. yes we have technology, we have written language, we have internet, globalization but there's still a lot we don't have:

We don't have freedom (a world ruled by elites and the powerful is not a free world. Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy ), we don't have an equal society, we have money ruling and dictating our lifes,

We have high levels of pollution, we still dont have obtained and i doubt we will the levels of technology necessary to solve the problem of cancer and aids once and for all, we still haven't obtained a solution for space travel between long distances, it looks like technology and evolution is in a stand still or even worse in the grasp of a few elites and destined to black projects.

People everywhere are sick and tired of living even though they dont openly admit it, they feel it inside. Many families live in difficulties, they are sad, depressed, always striving to give their best to their children not really having time for themselves and for the trivial things, like enjoying the best life has to offer, and believe me this ain't it.

The Mayans didnt predict *hit, i came to the conclusion it was all a lie from the beginning, but if living in this *hithole of a rock is the change the Mayans predicted i say fu*k their predictiona, i would prefer to live in their time or in pre-history,i'm sure i would be happier then.

A few things: (some in response to this post, some to the OP)

1) everyone knows (or should have figured it out by now) that the Mayans didn't predict anything regarding 12/21/12. As to them being "right", and then describing one's miserable world view as the OP did. Well, they couldn't have been "right" about his perception of the world, because they never said anything about it.

2) while there are valid points, and the "bottom 99.99%" of us are certainly oppressed by the top 0.01%, it has ALWAYS been that way. The difference is that now we have significantly greater ability to affect our own economic status than we did in just about any period in history. No, things "right now" aren't as good economically as they were in the 1950's or the 1990's. Unfortunately, so many people have little to no knowledge of the economies of the past 50, 100, 200 years. We're going through a rough patch. For most people, that really sucks, especially now that so many have grown accustomed to things coming easy, and simply don't know how to fight and push to get to where they want to get to.

3) technology at a standstill?! Technology has been advancing at an ever-accellerating (sp?) pace! I mean, our technology probably advanced more in the past 18 months than in the previous 10 years. More in the past 10 than the previous 100 and so on...

4) the world now being worse than the stone age...this is a valid opinion, but I doubt one many would share? I mean, sure, there probably weren't as many rules and regulations, but to think there would be times where you might be on the hunt for days - hungry, covered in insect bites, and having to continue trudging forward because if you don't find food soon, you and everyone you love will starve to death. When it's 103 degrees with 97% humidity, there's no air conditioning. When it's negative 30 windchill, sure, you can hunker down and throw furs on, but you coukd try that out today too. Even with a fire going, after a few days of sitting around the fire, it wouldn't be so comfortable. And what would you do for bathing? Jump in 33 degree water? Or just wait until spring? The stone age wasn't all just enjoying nature and being happy. Try constant hard work, and en extreme struggle to survive. Maybe once in a great while celebrating one of the Elders' reaching the ripe old age of 30!

I don't understand why people have become so soft that this world feels so terrible and difficult for them. Is there simply no perspective of how things were in the past? Do people just believe they should all be living like billionaires? We're damn close to living in the greatest time ever to be humans, yet more and more people can't stop whining about how terrible everything is. I'm just confused as to why the world today seems to be such a terrible place for so many people. I know it's not perfect, but it's only as bad as many make it out to be if you choose to see and experience it that way.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

You sir are a legend

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Excellent first post. Star and Flag for you.
While I do agree with the majority of your OP I do have one problem, Don't blame God (Who many don't even believe in) for the ills of this world.

We have free will and it is our responsability to care for this world and everyone who is worse off than we are. Admittedly many of us are struggling to keep our own heads above water but there are also many who just don't give-a-$#^t about anyone but themselves and their bottom line.

So put the blame where it belongs, Greedy Corporations and greedy polititions or heads of state.
edit on 20-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: sp

edit on 20-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
We're technically surfs, and maybe a few short people are smurfs. We are not slaves except for being slaves to society.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It is the Maya.

It is not the Mayans.

Everybody should try to stop making this mistake.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Don't be daft!

Change has occurred every decade since time began.

Those idiots who wake up on Saturday will say "Oh we didn't mean end of the world, we meant change"

Bollocks, they are all fruitcakes, just like Ron Weinland and others.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The biggest difference between then and now is that we have more conveniences, mainly because of technology and oil. Which really, kind of makes most people even more dependent.

We may be able to consume more now, but consumption is not freedom. Nor is working a mundane, 50 hour per week job for 30 years just to meet the basic needs.

It's kind of an illusion of freedom. None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
We are always changing and will always change.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
should have use paragraphs... it's hard to read..

I would avoid reading Charles Dickens then. Sometimes a paragraph can be a little more than a sentence or two, I had no trouble at all reading the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Welcome to ATS pavmas.

Your first post was right to the point as to what has been happening to us, but it seems that it goes right over most peoples heads.

I was surprised as to how many people have commented on your opening post, and I realized that many didn't read the whole thing. Many of the others misconstrued what you wrote.

I agree with you, I've seen the quality of life and living drop down and down and down, until its almost slavery for the majority. Unfortunately many of the younger generation are too young to realize what has happened over the years, and they just go with the flow; like there is no other way than the current way of living. They have no way of understanding what all they are missing out on, simply because their whole life revolves around a cell phone, a computer, and a TV.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Not the biggest deal. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

It makes me sad that people have that sort of mentality. The world has far too much splendor and beauty for us to have such a nihilistic, destructive way of looking at things.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
It is the Maya.

It is not the Mayans.

Everybody should try to stop making this mistake.

We're talking about a corrupt world and evil rulers who enslave us all, and you're worried about semantics????

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The bible tells us the world is evil and also tells us how to escape such injustices.

Choosing this escape is all you have to do. If God forced the world to be good could He really have relation with us? no
If I drew a picture of people getting along and saying they love me, would they really love me? Of course not.

Don't be depressed by the evil around us, but have hope for the good that is here and the greatness that is to come.

edit on 21-12-2012 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by iSHRED because: grammer

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateninjah

I´ve got time for that. And it was not hard to read, even for someone who is a non-native. Ignorant people like you and the posters above give power to the '#! governments. What lame excuses are that? Can´t read, no time... wtf?
edit on 21-12-2012 by Numino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Like others said excellent post EXCEPT for placing all the blame on the God of Heaven instead of on US and the "god of this world" where it belongs.

Remember ATS is all about TRUTH and this is a KEY point that most miss...

Notice below where it says "Synagogue of SATAN", this is a major clue:

"One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised..."

The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

i mean seriously am i the only one who is sick and tired of this hell we call life? where is this enligthening or quickning i hear so often here on ats?

we are more aware of the injustice that surrounds us, more aware of the invisible shackles that imprison us? yeah we are, but yet we do nothing, we are hoping in despair that an armageddon comes from thin air and solves the problems of our existence once and for all, and when it doesnt happen we continue with our #ty lifes and hope a new miracle date is announced.

this is sad really

life is what you make of it. What about it dont you like? if your not happy with your life nobody is going to change it and make it better for you. You have to take an INITIATIVE FOR CHANGE. Good luck and god bless my friend,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join