It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet security firm to donate revenue to charity after Anonymous protest of Westboro Baptist Chur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Internet security firm to donate revenue to charity after Anonymous protest of Westboro Baptist Church

en.wikinews.or g

Black Lotus Communications, which "prevents malicious traffic from reaching" websites, such as a Denial-of-service attack (DDoS), has announced their decision to donate revenue made from the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) to charity. The company has confirmed their intentions in a statement to Wikinews.

"We've not [yet] made a formal decision," Lyon noted, but the company "supports all of these groups and will give very serious consideration in ensuring that our donations have a strong impact"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikinews.org

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I couldn't find a relevant forum to post this in, so I decided to do it as a breaking news post. I guess if there is anything good to come out of WBC and Anonymous, this could very well be it.

This "church" makes its money on hate, but this is amazing. I know WBC is a small organization with very few members, but if other security firms or hosting services decided to do this, then several charities could really benefit from a project like this.

en.wikinews.or g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I want to see all that money used to further stem cell research.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It would be great to see the money go to charities that assist the same people the WBC has been evil towards.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Donate it to Gay...Soldiers? I don't know who it should go to, but I hope it is a group that really pisses off Westboro.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yep I think that it should go to a charity for gays, lesbians & transgendered people. That would piss WBC off to the point that they would end up protesting a company that they hired to protect their internets.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The money should go to bisexual transgender Jewish combat veterans of america. The BTJCVA or they should give it to John Waters to make a WBC biopic.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The money should go here...

www.argra.org...

I think that'd really grind their gears!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steel49
The money should go to bisexual transgender Jewish combat veterans of america. The BTJCVA or they should give it to John Waters to make a WBC biopic.

That would be a fabulous movie.

Too bad Ms. Divine is no longer with us

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's cute how even internet corporations care more about money than personal ethics.

I agree that the money should go to either someone they hate, or someone who has been personally emotionally hurt by their actions.

new topics

top topics

join