It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (Un)Official Secret ATS Ribbon Sign To Avoid Conflict In The Event Of SHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I like the idea....but....there are a whole bunch of people on ATS that I am not sure I want to run into.

Further, this site is publicly accessible and therefore anybody that reads this, member or not, would be able to participate hence defeating the "secret" part.

True......and tho we all have heated debates tho, there is not a single person on this forum , that tho i might disagree with, I dont respect at the least for voicing their opinions strongly.....

I feel that this is the general consensus with everyone on ATS......

Sure there will always be nutters out there who might be violent........but dont we already have to deal with that on a day to day basis with everyone else out there?

At least in this aspect, they will know its safe , whether you agree with each other or not, to voice opinions......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think this is a stellar idea! In I-Ching, the three line trigram Qian (heaven trigram) represents the YANG energy of the universe: the Father, Sun and Fire Element and "the Creative, Force".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Yes it would! Does anybody here live in Cleburne, Tx?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Well there you go!
Didn't know you were in I Ching.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wow...ok, remember that there are some "serious" people that read and write on this site. i think people should take some time and think of the consequences, not just the benefits, of publicly ID'ing yourself, and not knowing what the intentions could entail, of the person(s) being made aware of you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i'm in. i think i like the suttle bracelet. like the old WWJD or live strong bracelets.

i'm not ashamed to display to other ATSers. it's not like i HAVE to tell them who on the site i am.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I like the idea of a law enforcement style badge with ATS ENFORCEMENT DIVISION on it. Maybe put Deny Ignorance underneath it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Like this?

or like this?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

That's right. At least, whether you like the other ATSer or not, you'll know he/she's an ATSer.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
you'd want to hide your association with ATS because you will be labeled a terrorist. And you want to flaunt it publicly.

A terrorist is someone who acts violently because he/she believes terror is the ultimate solution. We are investigators, thinkers. If you are labeled a terrorist, then you probably deserved it - it means you made a real bad move. The Shadow can't label you "terrorist" if they can't find something wrong with you in the first place. If they could, all the World population would be labeled as such now.

edit on 17-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So you're saying my ATS baseball cap is a little much?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You are the only judge.

edit on 17-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Some sort of contingency plan, yes! I thought the same thing a few months ago and brought it up, but people seemed to ignore it. I threw together a design a while ago if anyone is interested. It's easy to replicate, which I thought was important, because not everyone would have access to something that might be professionally designed.

In essence, the white circle on black background represents safety and the star or torch represents a light through the darkness. Simple, perhaps, but shouldn't it be?
edit on 1/17/13 by Resonant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

Nice!

The circle reminds me of the protection circle you draw onto the ground in Occultism, though. And isn't the torch one of the Illuminati's symbols? But I like the 8-pointed star.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Nice!

The circle reminds me of the protection circle you draw onto the ground in Occultism, though. And isn't the torch one of the Illuminati's symbols? But I like the 8-pointed star.

The torch and it's common meaning is "hope and enlightenment," however there certainly are a lot of Illuminati/Occult/Masonic traditions that borrow it. I personally like the idea behind it, but you're right, it would definitely draw comparison.

The circle is similar to a "protection circle" or "magic circle," but it's been used for thousands of years by a lot of different traditions for a lot of different things. Really though, in this case it would sort of mean a protection circle, or the idea that those "inside" are safe.

The 8-point star I'm sure has some tie to Occultism somewhere, but really, so does every sort of star. I use it because the 8-point star represents a compass, a guide, and a star in itself represents light and hope.

Someone could point at any symbol and make a comparison to something that it really doesn't represent. The fact is, a symbol means whatever we choose it to mean. There are certainly those that carry more definition than that of others (the Masonic Square and Compass, for instance). My motivations, however, were completely with good intention.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well, I do like the 8-pointed star. Usually Polaris is represented that way. Maybe it could even represent a beacon, a universal point. Thanks for the idea!

I am sure that we can agree that both the 3 bars and the 8-pointed star in a circle could be our symbol - the choice would be up to the user. As long as we all know that it means the user is an ATSer, right?

For most people, making 3 bars is alot more easier and quicker than making a perfect 8-pointed star.
edit on 18-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I like it .. you can have them made from that rubber band type everyone is wearing.. with the 3 bars.. now to find where To make them.... LIKE...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I like it .. you can have them made from that rubber band type everyone is wearing.. with the 3 bars.. now to find where To make them.... LIKE...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by swan001

I made mine using white fabric and, er, well, 3 staples. It was quite easy. Some can simply draw the bars with a pen.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'll get me an ATS tat on the back of my head.

all chicano cholo style.. nawww sayyyin?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join