It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (Un)Official Secret ATS Ribbon Sign To Avoid Conflict In The Event Of SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Great... Just what we need in this world...

More secret groups that only communicate with each other in a certain way and alienate others.

It's ok for us though because we are not free masons....???? end sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Unlike others, we seek truth, and our purpose is to deny ignorance. Through those two we can succeed where others have failed: Harmony.

The ribbon is not the mark of a secret society. It's the mark of a mind searching for truth. Together, and by stopping prejudice, we can find it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by starheart

I wear mine as a bracelet for now. Like you, I used metal for my bars. I guess you also could basically just draw the 3 bars with a marker but I wanted mine to be more professionnal.

I might wear it in another way, though.

Looks too much like what they give you when you're admitted to a hospital to me. I wouldn't want people to think I escaped from a ward in a hospital.

I was just thinking of this today in case we lost the internet. It had nothing to do with tragedy per se just with censorship.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Looks too much like what they give you when you're admitted to a hospital to me. I wouldn't want people to think I escaped from a ward in a hospital.

Yeah, that's why I don't like wearing it around my wrist. Starheart's is better.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Allot of the other secret groups claim to only be seeking truth as well... just sayin.

If your not in the "club" people outside will be alienated by knowledge contained within.

I understand where your coming from but from the outside looking in it always looks the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

This is not a secret group. It's a community.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by swan001

Allot of the other secret groups claim to only be seeking truth as well... just sayin.

If your not in the "club" people outside will be alienated by knowledge contained within.

I understand where your coming from but from the outside looking in it always looks the same.

If you don't like the idea, just don't wear one.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

reply to post by starheart

I wear mine as a bracelet for now. Like you, I used metal for my bars. I guess you also could basically just draw the 3 bars with a marker but I wanted mine to be more professionnal.

I might wear it in another way, though.

I was just thinking of this today in case we lost the internet. It had nothing to do with tragedy per se just with censorship.

You can always make one with beads, or metal, glass, a more proper fabric. It just have to be white, with 3 bars. It can be a white metal or porcelain ring with 3 bars, etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
in ww2 members of the resistance would wear a pin under their shirt collar or a lapel and flash it to identify themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You could also and I know I'm barging in put the numbers 536 on ribbon ring bracelet and so on even possible
In place of a name where a name ribbon goes on military gear back packs and so on

536 meaning though probably will be obvious

Above = 5 letters
Top = 3 letters
Secret = 6 letters

edit on 12/20/2012 by geocom because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good idea ... also one of the better ideas that seen for ats members to recognise each other in real world ... think will make a headband one as dont wear rings or bracelets ... hmmm.. or maybe see if can get one of the monks at temple in thailand to make an amulet with the design that can wear on the necklace with the other thai amulets that have next time I go to thailand ...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

no need because we are all already microchipped/tattoo'd. We all have our ATS member number on our foreheads, it looks like a barcode but you can't see it because it has been tattoo'd using invisible ink that can only be visible under special lighting.

WOS is/was God and he is already on the other side ready for when the SHTF, all the ATS members and their families/pets will be evacuated and taken to a special place. RiverGoddess is there having a cup a tea with him right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
AWe can all get chip implants that interact when another is nearby

edit on 20-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I love this idea, I really do. S&F.

Hell, maybe they will let us use Bohemian Grove on the off weekends.

Excellent thread OP.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I like this idea too. I like the ambiguous nature of the three bars, but I can't escape the devilish desire to corrupt a more recognisable sign. One of their signs.

When the flag is upside it's a sign of distress. I think it'd be great to take their all seeing eye pyramid sign and corrupt it by turning it upside down. But I guess identifying it as an upside down pyramid would depend entirely on the position of the person observing it unless you inverted it but kept the eye above it.

Anyways good idea and one hat could be genuinely useful in the years ahead if it gets traction.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
I like this idea too. I like the ambiguous nature of the three bars

Yeah, I like it too

, but I can't escape the devilish desire to corrupt a more recognisable sign. One of their signs.

When the flag is upside it's a sign of distress. I think it'd be great to take their all seeing eye pyramid sign and corrupt it by turning it upside down. But I guess identifying it as an upside down pyramid would depend entirely on the position of the person observing it unless you inverted it but kept the eye above it.

Believe it or not, I though about that very same idea. But, I came to the same conclusions... it would be relative to the viewer's angle... Plus, I think the Elite already has an upside-down triangle somewhere in their symbols.

Anyway, I do hope it gets traction.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Headband is a great idea
Never thought of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why not a yellow armband? In this sort of bad future scenario you envision, you'd want to hide your association with ATS because you will be labeled a terrorist. And you want to flaunt it publicly.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I recently visited a thread in which an ATSer put up an idea: We could develop a way to identify other members when we walk into one in our daily life. This member proposed a "secret hand sign"... But another member pointed out that in some countries this hand sign could maybe be considered offensive. Another proposed that we invent a passphrase, but then you have language translation issues and contextual issues.

So, we suggested the Secret Ats Ribbon idea. Each of us can wear a white ribbon (white is the color of the truth, as it is a reflexion of all colors), with 3 bars on it, bars which represent the 3 letters of ATS. This ribbon can be wear as a ring, as a bracelet, around the neck, as an earring, anywhere. That way we can identify a fellow ATSer in the streets just by seeing if he (or she) wears a SAR.

Spread the idea! We live in troubled times... and in troubled times, recognition between fellow members can strongly helps avoid conflict.

I LOVE this idea.

The strength of networking will be one of the GREATEST benefits we have. Especially if some stuff goes down... or if, God forbid, one day, the site goes down.

I'm in!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join