It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plasma suit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
just wondering if anyone has heard/knows any information on the so called "plasma suit" the military has been working on. all i know is supposedly (from popular science and some military types i'm acquainted with) the military has/is working on a type of suit that, using some type of plasma, manipulates light in such a way that it can make its wearer virtually "invisible" to the naked eye. any info would be appreciated.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have read something of this, although what I read, they were employing new fiber optic technology that would channel light from behind you, through fiberoptics in the clothing, displaying an image on the front, essentially making you invisible (not the best description, but couldnt find the story at the moment).

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A while ago I heard they were working on cells that would do bascially the same thing as the fiber obtics you describe, just ... living... I don't have any info on it or anything besides this, aw ma... I'm gunna go play stickball.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yeah thats what I was going to say, I've seen the shirt the japanese made out of fiber optics it still needed work but I am sure our military has way more advanced products. As for plasma though, wouldn't that be a little hot? :p

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yup they sure do, try nano tech. With todays technology, our nano-algorithims can create near invisibility with only moderate imperfections.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In my opinion, Nano Tech is going to be the best and worst thing that is going to happen to humanity.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
it would truly be something special if the powers that be created a terminator type scenario. i sure as hell dont want to be fighting machines. wrestling with this damn computer can be tough enough at times.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Forget the terminators, try 20-100 tons of Mech!

if you dont know what it is do a search "mechwarrior".

I can see this being the standard in like say 50 yrs or less. but if we are smart they will be remote with simulator style hud, like in japan arcade world.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am a mechwarrior fan, but I don't see how they would be that valuable on the battlefield... I mean seriously couldn't you just blow their legs out from underneath them and topple them over? I know you can hit G and get back up and all but hehe. I still play MW4:Mercs from time to time been a fan since I played battletech on sega and Mechwarrior:3035 on the PC

The Gundam "mechs" have a more fluid like motion I would think that'd be the route to go even though I am not a Gundam fan, and like the more bulkier look of Mechwarrior. However it'd be cool and I'd so want to pilot one lol.

If only they built them.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sorry for Hijacking the thread again, but have any of you ever had to pleasure of trying out the mechwarrior pods? Years ago they brought them to an arcade here, you sit inside a huge cockpit and all the windows are screens and it's like your actually inside the mech, when you move forward and your legs strike the ground the whole thing would shake, it was sweet

Heh, I am a gamer at heart.
woot ok back to plasma suits

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Im a strategist Gamer, I've Played Starcraft, Warcraft, Civilization (Hardest Game to be ever made), and Alpha Centauri

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Not all that far from hollywood are we now.

www.tassie.net.au...

just imagine what it will be like in a couple more yrs after they perfect nano tech?!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I like RTS games...

Lemme see I got Age of Mythology, Starcraft somewhere, warcraft ii somewhere, Empire Earth, Mech Commander, ORB, Dark Reign 2, Command and Conquer series, Medieval: Total Warfare (a very good game), Machines, KKND, Homeworld, few more I can't recall the names of lol, didn't buy warcraft 3 didn't intrest me that much.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I like first person games like Delta force and Turoc, Ghost recon.games that are some what interactive and not all shooter like duke nukem. Although GTA Vice City rocks!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yeah I like fps too

Tribes 1 was my fav
tribes 2 is ok
Half life was great, CS and DOD mods

Quake 2/3
Ureal 1/2
Unreal tournament
Requiem
Turok 2
King Pin
Return to Castlewolfenstein
Soldier of Fortune
System Shock 2
battlefield 1942
all great ones
can't forget Deux Ex
Oh man
I am in Planet Side beta, all I can say is WOW

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I thought SOF sucked bad, too dang much loading time, game play was ok though. I can't stand a game that takes more than a couple min. to load, just bad designing. Nice list though.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here is a very informative links supplying info On some nano/soldier tech. not to mention its a very good source on its own.

www.mattweiler.net...

nanodot.org.../06/13/1535241

www.futurepundit.com...

www.futurepundit.com...

[Edited on 5-5-2003 by Lurker]

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
thx for the info, lurker.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
would compete with stealth aircraft, long-range smart missiles...

Maybe if they were extremely agile (i.e. Robotech), but not Mechwarrior style... Fun games though...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lysergic, it sounds to me like you are referring to the Virtual World games. I was always a fan of Red Planet over Mechwarrior but the idea was amazing.

www.virtualworld.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join