It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Arsonist Tells Judge: "I Only Know What I Hear On Fox News"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Mosque Arsonist Tells Judge: "I Only Know What I Hear On Fox News"

www.newscorpse.com

Here is a disturbing report from a local news broadcast in Toledo, Ohio. An Indiana man pleaded guilty to arson for having set fire to an Islamic Center in Toledo, Ohio. He was sentenced to 20 years today and, in an exchange with the judge, revealed his motivation.

The judge asked him if he knew any Muslims or what Islam is. He said “No, I only know what I hear on Fox News.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newscorpse.com
www.newscorpse.com
mediamatters.org
www.newscorpse.com
edit on 20-12-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Fancy throwing 20 years of your life away based on an action fueled by the information on fox news.

This isn't the first time hateful actions have been inspired by the output of fox news into the wider community.

There was the story about a woman who threatened to fire all of her black employees if they voted for Obama, and she wrote “KKK” on their time cards. Her excuse? “I think I got crazy with FOX News, watching too much FOX News

www.newscorpse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A perfect example of how non-muslims in Europe and probably Americans think. It's exactly like that in Sweden, where I live, they only know what is portrayed in media and they won't do any research. Those who research about Islam are very humble and gentle towards muslims. Those who follow media are more likely to stand against it in arrogance.

It just shows us the greatness of having a school to learn from, but it also shows us what media has achieved so far in spreading its agenda. It's the duty of every American to do something about it, America is a democracy isn't it? I'm getting the feeling that this is a major deception.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don't even see how a person can be confused, or hate, or even see a difference in other people.

I'm not trying to sound like some long-haired hippy here, but I grew up thinking that people, no matter what colour or belief system they lived their lives by, were just people.

Is it really that hard, or unusual?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If the guy had any brains to start with, he wouldn't be setting fire to Islamic mosques, he would be attacking Fox News HQ... Unfortunetly for him though, arson and attacking a religious building is a serious crime in any case.

+43 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
He deserves to be locked away for 20 years just for the fact that he gets all his information from FOX News, never mind the arson lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This [post is funny on a forum where most of the members get their news from what amounts to a Democrat party propaganda machine.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
*snip*

How you have got to this conclusion, only shows that you are blind to the garbage FOX news spews out.

The point of this thread is to inform people on the subject which OP has brought to light, nothing more and nothign less - Your post is pretty much off topic as you have only come in to defend FOX and bash people who don't have the same political outlook as you.

OP:

FOX should be taken into account for this, or they should at least have a disclaimer saying that their news isnt always to be taken to heart and that they can not be taken into accoutn for any following hate crimes

FOX news
(And that goes for 90% of the mainstream news outlets, to be fair)
edit on 12/20/2012 by maria_stardust because: Edited out ill-mannered post that has since been removed.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well, that's a new twist on the insanity defense. Of course, my "I get all my news from ATS" probably wouldn't go over too well, either.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah let's restrict freedom of the press.
After all when the constitution was written we only had quell pens and manual printing presses. The first amendment was meant for another time in history.
Lets ban free speech, or at least get that speech approved by a government official after a 30 day cooling down period.

Sound good commies?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm guessing that the "reporters" and contributors on Fox incessantly repeated that Mosques are "terrorist recruiting centers" or some similar nonsense.

Had the CT shooter been a Moslem, they would have called him a terrorist and the shooting an act of terrorism:

edit on 20-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

There are a lot of crazy people in this world, and crazy people do crazy things. When they get caught doing crazy things they will use any excuse their attorneys can come up with in order to attempt to reduce their jail sentences- including blaming the television!

FOX news is no worse than CNN or MSNBC; the only difference is they fear monger in favor of their own respective viewership's trending opinions. Millions of people watch all of these news stations every day without going out and acting like an idiot because of something they heard on their favorite news source that day.

When are people going to realize that if you swing "liberal" you watch CNN or MSNBC which demonizes conservative ideals, and if you swing "conservative" you watch FOX which Demonizes liberal ideals? They are all just as bad and are more about presenting biased opinion rather than presenting a neutral view of facts. It's just not that hard to figure out!

Using FOX News is a DEFENSE STRATEGY- nothing more! If using that as an excuse doesn't help their causes they will next try the old "temporary insanity" defense I'm almost positive. Use your heads people!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If nobody died the verdict will be overturned.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
If nobody died the verdict will be overturned.

What makes you think that?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not one to defend Fox News because they obviously have their own agenda like the rest of the msm, but who sits there and watches Fox News and makes life changing decisions based on what some paid teleprompter says? There is a real problem of ignorance in America when it comes to Islam... yet the mindless worship of Jews seems to be A OK!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
He deserves to be locked away for 20 years just for the fact that he gets all his information from FOX News, never mind the arson lol.

If someone wasn't murdered 20 years is an extreme sentence and I would never allow government to operate in any fashion it pleases. Did people die in the fire? Property does not compare on any scale to sexual abuse of children, rape, or murder. It doesnt scream in the night and religious property gets no extra special perks that way.

3 years would be more appropriate, 1/3 good behavior, probation and counseling for years. Though I would personally put people who do not rape, murder, or seriously harm others on bracelets, with counseling, community service for a bit too. Because, don't want prisons filled with anyone except psycho's, ie repeat criminals.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Fox news made him do it.

Video games make real life killers.

Glorified gun violence in movies motivates violent crimes.

If we ban guns people will stop killing.

No one is responsible for any crime, someone or something is always to blame.

There are no bad people, only people who are made that way by their environment, and by the influences around them.

Are all of these true?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Do you know how many times I've been told I was an idiot for thinking Muslims were good people? It's ridiculous the prejudice inspired by bias news like FOX, CNN, MSNBC etc. People don't research anything anymore. I've heard to many people says "It's on TV, they're not allowed to lie" I wanted to face palm THEIR faces.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Misbah

Do you know how many times I've been told I was an idiot for thinking Muslims were good people? It's ridiculous the prejudice inspired by bias news like FOX, CNN, MSNBC etc. People don't research anything anymore. I've heard to many people says "It's on TV, they're not allowed to lie" I wanted to face palm THEIR faces.

The vast majority of Muslims are good people. There is nothing ridiculous in saying that.

With nearly 2 billion Muslims, it only takes a small percentage of bad to expose them all to bigotry, hate and anger.

The deeper problems are within Islam itself, and how it is a perversion of faith, how twisted views and interpretations have created violent sects over the centuries. Their violence, oppression of women, abuse of children and intolerance of other faiths has made it all too easy for rational people to assume that Islam is inherently bad, or evil. Not that all Muslim people are bad.

That said, there is NO justification for burning down that mosque, nor is there any reason to blame anyone or anything but the person who did it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by ausername because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join