It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont be angry at politicians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Lord knows that I am angry at politicians alot. But should I really blame politicians?

I often feel sorry for them. The masses are stupid. The masses deserve as much blame.

And if the masses act like slaves then isnt that how they should be treated? Dont we deserve everything we get?

In my opinion, the problem is that major traditional parties have a strangle hold on western governments. But is that their fault or ours? I know its hard when the media only shows the candidates from the duopoly but just because it isnt on tv doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

I know many people are getting fed up but there will be no need for a rebellion, plus, it would never work. What western citizens must do if they seek change is use democracy.

If we continue to vote for evil governments, how can we complain when they are evil? We dont have to vote for major parties.

It may take two or three elections with the way western 'democracies' are set up to prevent a minority government that won the primary vote from forming government but it isnt impossible. The 'democracy' of the west is clearly designed to make it hard for minor parties to sweep to power but it isnt impossible. Democracy is possible if we refuse to give in to the lesser of two evils. And why would we? Why do we?

Anyone thinking of a rebellion or violence is thinking too hard. The middle east has shown that rebellion is not an answer. It never is. Things must be done legally. And Im sure nobody would want to hurt anyone, no matter how angry they are at politicians.

I dont think anyone can blame politicians for anything. We need to blame ourselves for voting for these parties year after year.

edit- and I guess the masses are not to blame either. I just think we could be smarter. voting for traditional parties no matter what is going to make traditional parties know that the worst that can happen to them is they become the opposition for a while.

edit- and maybe we wouldnt even need new parties if we sent a message to the traditional parties that they need to start listening to people instead of telling us.
edit on 20-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Yes people are equally to blame, and I hate them all accordingly.

But politicians were elected to do a job with the understanding that the interests of the public would be their main priority. Yet almost all of them are lying, corrupt, greedy scumbags who are only in it to profit themselves and their friends.

It's the principle of the matter, so in my opinion they deserve a special type of hate and loathing.
I despise politicians.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I get what you mean, I struggle between blaming the masses for being dumb ass ***ks, and blaming the Elite for making them that way....

Err...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by spangledbanner

Yes people are equally to blame, and I hate them all accordingly.

But politicians were elected to do a job with the understanding that the interests of the public would be their main priority. Yet almost all of them are lying, corrupt, greedy scumbags who are only in it to profit themselves and their friends.

It's the principle of the matter, so in my opinion they deserve a special type of hate and loathing.
I despise politicians.

Ha! I guess you are right.

It does worry me that I see more and more people thinking of rebellion. I have even thought a peaceful rebellion could be possible. But I really dont think it is.

The democracy they give us isnt very good but we can use it I reckon. And I dont think it matters if it takes a decade. Rebellions can go bad very quickly. They can also make a country end up worse than what the people were complaining about.

But yeah, politicians do deserve a special form of loathing.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I get what you mean, I struggle between blaming the masses for being dumb ass ***ks, and blaming the Elite for making them that way....

Err...

Yeah, schools, tv, propaganda, distraction.

And you really dont learn much about politics in school. Only how fantastic democracy is. Most kids leave school being political retards. I know I did.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'll just say be angry at both. People are so stupid these days they deserve everything that is thrown at them.. There inability to question or research is one of their biggest downfalls and we wonder why the politicians tend to get away with everything they implement including things that most likely are incorrect. The MSM is also a big player.
edit on 20-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join