It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Fawkes Invades China!!! The Unthinkable Has Happened!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

news.yahoo.com... 1.html

Hef,
Thought of your earlier post instantly. Must admit I have never seen the movie myself. Was some series on the television, V, was that the same? Didn't watch more than a few episodes of that. Seems that series might have been a way to confuse or discredit the film.

Have read new leader in China wants to clean up the system, route out the bad guys, (corrupt embezzlers ). Rather than start a new agency, showing a film like this might get a army of investigators or truth seekers going very quick and on the cheap.

Don't want to think so but, would expose anyone who views it as a subversive.

Let's all try to keep a positive hope for it.

edit on 20-12-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If you look at this movie from the eyes of the conservative chinese people you may find it has a different meaning all together. These people are meek and don't really like civil unrest. To them this movie may mean that there life will change in a negative way. I have not seen the movie to analyze it. What we perceive and what others of a kind perceive is different.

Civil unrest is not something I like, seeing my fellow Americans all wound up is bad in my eyes. We are suppose to pull together as a nation, not split up and polarize. Look at this from a different perspective to see the true intentions of their government.
edit on 20-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by snarky412

Like when was the last time you saw "1984", "Blade Runner", or "Fahrenheit 451" on TV? In regards to "1984" specifically, it is one of the more difficult films to find even today. Not one you're likely to dig out of a Wal Mart $5.00 Bin.

May not be Wal-Mart, but I just watched it on Netflix last week.

2nd

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Wow, it's like the Chinese experience right here on ATS. Interesting. Do they pay you or do they just hold your family hostage?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When you think about it, this is a very shrewd move by the leadership, very shrewd.
Because the chinese government is always afraid of its people and it always has been, thats
why they maintain that iron grip, and they're even frank about it.

This movie is probably more directed at its low level officials at ground level, to not stir up
the people unnecessarily and to clean up their act. The onus is on the officials and not the
people if they want to keep the peace and maintain status quo.

Very clever....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Maybe it is all good. I've seen many news reports from around the world about government official turning on their leaders and exposing corruption. Governments actually helping to save it's country by helping the people and not corporations. Police officers denouncing their brothers in blue for abuse of power. Or just plain people helping complete strangers brightening up their day. Maybe there is a change for the better coming in our direction. Well'' I certainly hope so because we are on a slippery slope right now and we need to rectify this situation A.S.A.P.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Is it me or is this mask squinting a bit more?

Ah, I digress.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
From cbs.ca source in another post on this subject:
"You can't have a totally free media as we would have in the West and still maintain the integrity of a one-party system," said Robert Lawrence Kuhn, who wrote the book How China's Leaders Think. He said he thinks restrictions are being eased, "but it has to be limited."

I'm pretty sure we DO NOT have a "totally free media" here in the West, especially considering the $$$ involved.
But doesn't it appear that the same statement can be applied to the "two-party system" we have here the US?
After all, there are only two sides to the same coin...

ganjoa

edit on 20-12-2012 by ganjoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I want to start off by saying I went to China years ago for about a month. I spent some time at night watching movies in my hotel and it was strange because they edit their films much different than in the United States. We typically just change the wording, an object, or remove a few seconds of a scene (the offensive part or whatever). Yet, in China, whole scenes were removed when probably one little minute part of the scene was really all they wanted removed. This, in turn, made movies extremely short, I noticed that a ton of the movies were about an hour long instead of 2 hours or so.

This was wierd, but i caught on after the first night i watched 3 movies in almost no time. What was even stranger is I 100% remember watching V for Vendetta there in the summer of 2007. The movie seemed 100% complete and it was the ONLY one. I vividly remember seeing it, and not only thinking it was crazy that V for Vendetta was on in China but it had not been massively edited as every other movie was. And some of the very edited movies were so harmless, it was strange.

I remember all of this because all of my partners and people on our team were discussing it the next day. I just thought I would add this is not the first time it aired in China, not at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Heff I travel to China regularly for business. It is not what you think. At all.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Australia's debt is bought up by USA/China/UK and your national debt is over 1 trillion and growing. You also have a population of 22 million people. What is you point exactly? Are you in assimilation denial?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

China - a Communist Nation! - The place where people who think even a hair outside of the box tend to either end up dead or in "reeducation camps". A place where just being descended from a person who went against the grain can keep you from ever holding public office. 

A place just ~this~ side of North Korea, morally speaking, has shocked me. And verified a theory that I, and other ATSers have had for awhile. China seems to be bending a bit towards the American model - even as we seem to be moving towards their ideas of governance. I refer to this as "the meeting in the middle" "Chimerica" idea. 

Oh great! More western propaganda from people who have
never set foot in china, or lived in china
Well, i lived in china
for a few years, and travelled china also. My wife is chinese, so
half my family is chinese.

Its no way near as bad as what you are saying. Its far from perfect, but
given what china was like 30 years ago, its a huge improvement.

Here is an example. I lived in beijing a few years. Met alot of chinese, with
alot of different views. You say they are not free. None of us are really free.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Many movies over the years out of China are revolutionary in nature. They are also action packed and cinematic works of art. But in the end the message is a;ways the same. The government knows best and the revolutionaries die!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Guys communism is ABOUT revolution, "V" is a manifesto that they have been shoving down our throats for years.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

I find that China is far less authoritarian than the western media makes out. Have you seen what is said on Chinese social media? They are free to speak their minds.

Do you find this from being in China - or being Chinese?

They let them say what they want on social media maybe because it helps to diffuse a potentially explosive situation
China artist's arrest is wider warning

The Chinese authorities are taking every measure to ensure what they call "social harmony", even if it means arresting high-profile artist Ai Weiwei and sparking international condemnation.

There is a well-known Chinese phrase: "Slaughter a chicken to warn the monkeys."
This is only one example

I think Heff's OP makes a good point. China either has to change - or explode and then change. A lot of people are going to lose a lot of money if it explodes first

edit on 12/22/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Tis possible the Chinese Communist Govt. sees themselves as the "People" having freed themselves from the oppression of their cruel emperors and other military authority. Remember the movie depicts a violent, people hating govt. regulated and controlled by a wealthy 1%. The govt. in the movie is corrupt and can be brought down by destroying one man who controls everyone with a deadly secret about a toxin he used to take power. It may just be the Chinese see themselves as the heroes with their disruption of the "Western Influence" on their country. It is after all "The People's Republic of China." They may be hypocritical enough to believe that they truly are helping those they kill or put in prison or re-education camps, because if everyone just followed their way, they would all be free.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

V................ Hijacked by Anonymous.

Hard to watch it,without thinking of Lolz...........

China airing this movie, is only crumbs. MHO.
edit on 15-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join