It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter attacks President Bush (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Bush is attacked with words again, this time by ex president Jimmy Carter!
Carter announced that the president has used the 911 horror for his own political gains.

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush has exploited the September 11 attacks for political gain, former president Jimmy Carter has said in an interview.

Asked in an interview published on Monday in the Guardian why U.S. polls were split over the war in Iraq, the former Democrat president said:

"I think the basic reason is that our country suffered, in 9/11, a terrible and shocking attack ... and George Bush has been adroit at exploiting that attack and he has elevated himself, in the consciousness of many Americans, to a heroic commander-in-chief, fighting a global threat against America."

"He's repeatedly played that card, and to some degree quite successfully. I think that success has dissipated," he added.

"I don't know if it's dissipating fast enough to affect the election."

The Nobel Peace Prize winner described the invasion of Iraq by U.S.-led forces as "unwarranted" and "a completely unjust adventure based on misleading statements."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

George is really coming under fire from all angles - entertainers, polititions and now an ex president!
Can he really defend his commander and cheif title without tripping over his words....we'll see.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by bluemeanie]

[edit on 25-10-2004 by bluemeanie]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why is this an attack? It's just a statement of the plain obvious truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I agree. Interesting that before 9/11 Bush was cutting Defense and Intelligence funds....

new topics

join