It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook-Calm down and be logical.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This was an extremely terrible event. We should acknowledge this fact, and I think the majority of us surfing and posting do.

The issue, however, is that some of us need to slap ourselves in the face, take a deep breath, and get a hold of ourselves.

I'm all for thinking outside the box, and looking for hidden clues to life's mysteries. I don't try to wrangle and submit free thought,

What I ask though, is people at least attempt to think logically, not that you have to, but at least try. Attempt to be at least a little more down to earth, not that you have to buy the official story, which, like the other more recent shootings, is full of holes, but at least try and think realistically rather than taking anything you can find "sandy" and "hook" related and turning it into some super secret code that you broke.

Coincidence. Funny idea. Does it happen? When it happens, what does it mean? How many, when related, add up to something more? Is it set in stone proof?

These threads are out of hand. Mass multi million dollar movies. Several hundred dollar movies. Street names in movies. Something you saw in the park the other day. You washed your hands and the bubbles almost spelled "hook". Blah blah blah.

Of course something is up. Something is almost always up. It might be a setup to this, or that, or not at all.

But please, attempt to be logical. Just because you can make a grandiose, far removed connection, it isn't necessarily significant, and if you ponder enough about it, you ought to make the same conclusion. You think it might be right, right off the bat, but...it's not. At least put some valid, smart thought into what you see and think before making some other BS thread aimed at adding to the chaos.

Paranoia becomes mundane stupidity real quick when everyone joins in just for the sake of it. Be active in thought rather than active in jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of being a part of discussion.

It's plainly better time spent in deep thought than shallow typing.

edit on 20-12-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Like Obama said, if anything should come of the tragic event, it should be that Republican's stop messing around and agree to a deal in relation to the fiscal cliff for the greater good of every American.

Republican's should be ashamed of themselves for messing around at a tragic time like this. Obama is correct. What is wrong with them?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Well i'm glad you found an opportunity to turn this into a us vs them political statement to garner attention and a few more stars.

Really on point there. Good job.

I've never been a fan of the eye roll smiley. I'm tempted.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

Your thread was long read could you simply just post a form and rules so I can respond and think inside of the box you want me and others to fit inside.

Maybe we could vote on what content should stay and get deleted. We could form panels and have our own little ATS democracy.

When something is painful it is funny how fast free speech gets tested.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Republican's should be ashamed of themselves

Nice
you got there.

I agree OP.

post by FrostForests
You washed your hands and the bubbles almost spelled "hook". Blah blah blah.

People should take time away and ponder certain things before jumping into the Sandy Hook shaped bubble bath water filling the collective ATS tub right now.
edit on 20-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

Well i'm glad you found an opportunity to turn this into a us vs them political statement to garner attention and a few more stars.

Really on point there. Good job.

I've never been a fan of the eye roll smiley. I'm tempted.

Ha! That was sarcasm. Obama should be ashamed of himself.

I really dont see why you have a problem with people thinking this latest tragic event is a little fishy. How many times do msm want to mess the story up? Are you upset at the media? Dont you think its a little disgusting that families are holding funerals and many want as much privacy as possible so the media stands out front and exploits the funeral to gain ratings?

And the police will arrest independant journalists and internet users that spread false information? What? Well how about arresting the msm for spreading false information that has proven to be incorrect? Are you mad at them? Think they should take a deep breath?

I agree that people should wait for an official story but Im not surprised that people are less than satisfied with how the media has handled this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Your thread was long read could you simply just post a form and rules so I can respond and think inside of the box you want me and others to fit inside.

Maybe we could vote on what content should stay and get deleted. We could form panels and have our own little ATS democracy.

Well, that didn't make a whole lot of sense. I think I made myself pretty clear in comparison.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from expressing themselves, that's not my intent nor in my power. I'm attempting to get posters to spend a little more time thinking about the subject so popular on the boards(and for good reason of course), rather than just throwing another branch on the fire just because they can. Empty discussion on a topic so serious as this is just that. Empty.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

It didn't seem that long now!

I liked the message.. found it to be put together nicely.

The OP was just saying keep your wits about you while you research things.

It also had humor that made me

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

Originally posted by SubTruth

Well, that didn't make a whole lot of sense. I think I made myself pretty clear in comparison.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from expressing themselves, that's not my intent nor in my power. I'm attempting to get posters to spend a little more time thinking about the subject so popular on the boards(and for good reason of course), rather than just throwing another branch on the fire just because they can. Empty discussion on a topic so serious as this is just that. Empty.

How arrogant are you. Sorry I know that is harsh....BUT.. People should be a able to think and speak however they want.
If you don't like it stop reading it.

To tell you the truth I don't see anything weird going on but I think the people who do should be able to right and share whatever they want. This is ATS. What do you expect.
edit on 20-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have a somewhat remote view on this whole tragic, since I'm living in Germany, but I can say, that the news about this whole thing were pretty consistent over here. There were no inconsistent jumps in victims, shooters, weapons which were used and so on. I see no problem with the reported multiple wounds the victims had, after I read how they found them and with what they got supposedly shot.

I'm here on the side of those proposing to take a breath and leave the whole matter for a day or a week and then taking a second look. Some here just WANT this to be a conspiracy but I think it is, what it is:
An unexplainable tragedy which cost 24 lifes, murdered by a really mentally ill young man with access to heavy weaponry. And yes, I know that I will be attacked here after that statement

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
A couple more threads along the same lines
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm attempting to get posters to spend a little more time thinking about the subject so popular on the boards(and for good reason of course), rather than just throwing another branch on the fire just because they can. Empty discussion on a topic so serious as this is just that. Empty.

I agree.

"Stuff" needs time to process to be of any use.

The possible ramifications of this are huge.
edit on 20-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Don't give those lying SOB Democrats one inch!!

No more!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

you know what.. i say if there can be 50+ versions of adam lanza was mind controlled patsy to they're all fake actors then it's ok to have 3 threads that say.. please people lets use some common sense.
i'm all for common sense which seems to have gone far out the window these days. Yes it's a conspiracy site blah blah blah speak your peace and all that but I really agree the world isn't ending because you saw a hook in your coffee creamer this morning.. just saying.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

How arrogant are you. Sorry I know that is harsh....BUT.. People should be a able to think and speak however they want. If you don't like it stop reading it.

You may have misunderstood what the OP was implying. He isn't saying not to think or speak about it, quite the opposite.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

I agree

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Ok.... OP I can admit when I am wrong and this time I am very wrong. I just posted in another thread about a picture that after thinking about it clearly is the poor girls sister. I feel ashamed for making this into a conspiracy and you are 100% right.

I read into it as arrogance and in fact it turned out to be wisdom. I am sorry. All I have is my flag and a heart felt apology.

new topics

top topics

join