Kitty Werthmann, survived Hitler's Germany and has a message for Americans

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I highly recommend reading the entire piece all the way to the end. It is so good that I'm considering making copies of this and handing it out whenever possible.

blog.beliefnet.com...

What I am about to tell you is something you’ve probably never heard or read in history books. I am a witness to history. I cannot tell you that Hitler took Austria by tanks and guns; it would distort history.

We voted him in. We elected him by a landslide – 98 percent of the vote

Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.

Maybe with an intellectual revolution, we can break this nasty cycle.

edit on 20-12-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
98%

Well, America is safe then!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
A well armed society is a free society.

Don't try convincing the anti-gun folks that though. It's sad and hard to comprehend, but they actually WANT to be slaves with no freedoms.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Then they took our guns

“Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

“No more freedom of speech. Anyone who said something against the government was taken away. We knew many people who were arrested, not only Jews, but also priests and ministers who spoke up.

Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. [size=6pt]Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”

“This is my eye-witness account.

Read more: blog.beliefnet.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
A well armed society is a free society.

Don't try convincing the anti-gun folks that though. It's sad and hard to comprehend, but they actually WANT to be slaves with no freedoms.

I didn't want to make this thread about any singular issues. I really just hoped people would read it with an open mind and come to their own conclusions about what we can do to prevent a state from assuming full control over the very people they are 'supposed' to protect and serve. It is no doubt extremely troubling to see the parallels that some scenarios Kitty painted for us has happened or is in process of happening right here at home.
edit on 20-12-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
heart wrenching

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In fact, nobody or everybody had seen it coming - nobody, because it was just too unimaginable for the german jews to think about total annihilation, therefore they hoped for the best or emigrated. Everybody, because Hitler talked about nothing else than "Herrenmenschen" and "Untermenschen", so it was quite clearly written on the wall.

Nevertheless, I am sure that any weaponized and coordinated defense from the jewish side would have been countered with real unimaginable attack-force - do you know about SS and SA?

It would have been a massacre, and, I have to add with great shame, the german public would have stood on the side, applauding.
It was just the time for that.. Many threads about this on ATS, so I spare you the stupid details of germanys mindset in that time.

No, weapons would have done no further good for the jews. It would have brutalized the methods and surely nearly no jews would have had the chance to emigrate when the aggitated SA and SS would have swept the ghettos clear of any living soul.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

yeah I.....dont know what to say to these people anymore.

It is simply retarded. They are just on a quest to get a pat on the back for being rabid morons in their fight against gun ownership...

I just dont get it. I almost want them to see the result.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by FuZe7

yeah I.....dont know what to say to these people anymore.

It is simply retarded. They are just on a quest to get a pat on the back for being rabid morons in their fight against gun ownership...

I just dont get it. I almost want them to see the result.

haha! It's absolute insanity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

The anti-gun people don't want to be slaves.They have been
duped into believing they will be safe if only the police and
military have firearms.

new topics
top topics

join