It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 LIARS - What Will Your Excuse be on December 22nd?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by winofiend

Well sure it does. When someone actually makes a positive assertion. I mean, if someone posts saying they just received telepathic confirmation that the Annunaki are in route to annihilate Earth, I'll laugh just as hard as the next skeptic. But when someone lumps an entire group of people in together based on the beliefs of a few nd insults them its just absurd.
And I know that goes both ways as well. Its crummy behavior either way.

More people believe the world will end than those who believe in a spiritual awakening. Don't take my words out of context.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

You do realize that mathematicians use conjecture all the time, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

And do you have a source for your claim that more people believe the Earth is about to end than a spiritual awakening? Although I don't understand where spiritual awakening even came into this discussion...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Conjecture deserves scorn?
Wow. Alright then.

I'm not talking about scientists making hypothetical assumptions on quantum mechanics, I'm talking about people who are accepting the belief system based on a talking snake (Quetzalcoatl Mayan god), and we all know what god the talking snake really is, right?

edit on 20-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And do you have a source for your claim that more people believe the Earth is about to end than a spiritual awakening? Although I don't understand where spiritual awakening even came into this discussion...

You mentioned the Annunaki, and thought you were referring to something else.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ahhhhhh

You just said what I was thinking

You know, its been my experience reading these boards that the vast majority of 2012 threads are NOT about doom. It seems to me lately there have been a lot of shifting goal posts in play around here.

I think the goal posts will be moved to fit with the next date of doom that they have decided on or they will continue to twist what they originally stated in to it's not the end of the world but a change of how society acts.
edit on 20-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuspendedBelief

Conjecture deserves scorn?
Wow. Alright then.

I'm not talking about scientists making hypothetical assumptions on quantum mechanics, I'm talking about people who are accepting the belief system based on a talking snake (Quetzalcoatl Mayan god), and we all know what god the talking snake really is, right?

edit on 20-12-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

yeah it's the same as the brazen serpent moses raised on a staff, the same as the caduceus of Hermes/Mercury, same as the snake up the staff of Asclepius, same as the KUNDALINI serpent energy in hindusim..

what it symbolizes is a circuit of energy that raises from through your phisiology your sacrum bone to your pineal up your spine (hence the snake shape)... once activated through sacred love making.

many people believe that this is the "return" of that "force" WITHIN people.. that sacred energy rising up the spine that changes people into superhumans... and that this "old age" is the age of mortality..
and the "new age" is an age of new abilities and lengthened life.. because of this energy up the spine that gets activated through sacred love making.
thus.. the focus on images that represent the serpent shape... which is really just the force of energy up the human spine...

but sure dude.. you can go think it's a talking snake named satan... that makes sense too...

Originally posted by SuspendedBelief

Originally posted by prevenge
actually man..
the END of the mayan calendar is on the 21st...
so essentially.. that's the last day of "normalcy"
so the BEGINNING of the "new era" IS on the 22nd...
the first day of "not normalcy" ...

do you understand what i'm saying?

Nope.

let me try this again... for dense-ness sake...

dec 21 = end of mayan long count.
dec 22 = beginning of a new era.

21st may be just like the 20th.
22nd may not.

however the US Naval Observatory has calculated the exact minute of the winter solstice to be at 11:12 am UT
that's pretty much mid day.
edit on 12/20/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I just visited my gun and ammo supplier, and from a few minutes of searching, it looks like there is currently a run on ammo...

22 ammo:
link

link

link

unf***inbelievable
link

link

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well its offically the 21st here. Apart from a few people disappearing in thin air and a suspicious looking cloud coming from the West, everything seems normal here.. Even the Horse racing channel I'm watching is playing the song "Ohhh, I'm still alive"

edit on 20-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This thread is gold it made me laugh.

I imagined it all in my head and ahh boy it made me laugh.

s+f

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You know, its been my experience reading these boards that the vast majority of 2012 threads are NOT about doom.

Yup. That's been my experience too.

Pseudo-skeptic activists are trying to paint a twisted caricature that suits their petty desires. What else is new?

It seems to me lately there have been a lot of shifting goal posts in play around here. And even further, a lot of insults from the skeptical crowd. Which seems pretty typical.

Yup. Again, that's been my experience too. The pseudo-skeptic crowd is notoriously rude.

So we have a bunch of intellectually dishonest, rude, shallow, ignorant, closed-minded pseudo-skeptic thralls foaming at the mouth with anticipation and desire. Like zombies.

Which seems pretty typical.

Hey psuedo-skeptic activists, this vid is for you.

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't expect to see the sun rising here tomorrow morning. The snowstorm will make sure of that.
They have already shut down the schools in anticipation of the storm. Talk about fear mongering, two feet is nothing around here. I suppose an extra vacation day or two for the kids and teachers to go shopping for Christmas presents was needed,

Both fear and humility are necessary to form human nature. We cannot survive as a society without them. If things go to good we seem to drop our guard and someone takes advantage of us.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I mean I guess it couldn't hurt that you have this little thing called 'probability' on your side could it? I mean, you are such a prophet, saying "Hey man today is just going to be like any other."

It takes more 'prophetic power' to predict something out of the norm that has a global impact; for it to come true.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Its the 21st in my part of the world and everything is normal. Explain to me how that could happen, I don't get it...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So, for all the 2012 patsies out there, what are you going to say when the sun comes up the next day? What's your excuse going to be? You all know you already have an excuse made up. I just want to know (shaking my head due to bewilderment), how will you explain this to your kids, friends, and family? Are you going to say Armageddon has been pushed back to 2020?

Five more threads. just like this one. and that is just a quick search.

I'm not trying to be a dick. Yours may be a little more creative. But how many do we need folks, really?
edit on 12/20/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Its the 21st in my part of the world and everything is normal. Explain to me how that could happen, I don't get it...

Well...taking a look at the threads you've authored leads me to tentatively suspect that your priorities are politics, business, sports, trading cards. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just saying, you don't seem to be making your enlightenment a priority. So it's no wonder to me that you are not 'soaking up the solstice energy', so to speak.

/shrug

P.S. do you remember when you first got the idea that "2012" was about the "world" coming to an "end"? Would you decribe it please?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You should know if you have read all my posts... But thats beside the point. You are far from enlightened, I can tell that by the way you respond to people who question your ridiculous stance when it comes to Ascension. You get on the back foot, try to make people look like a fool, you my friend cannot handle being told you might be wasting your time on something that is a myth.. Did you actually waste your time reading my profile to answer me? That doesn't sound like a person who can ascend or enlighten another.

Heres the truth... Nothing has changed except maybe the bank accounts of a few con artists which people like you blindly follow. You call it pseudo science, I call it psychosis science. Get back to reality and stop spreading BS. You and your little minions are no different to anyone else, thats a fact btw.
edit on 20-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just to add to your OP: The title shoud be "2012 LIARS - What Will Your Excuse be on December 24nd?", not "2012 LIARS - What Will Your Excuse be on December 22nd?"

See, some have predicted the End will be on Dec. 23.

Other than that I tend to agree.
edit on 20-12-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is ALREADY talk of 2015 being the new 'coming of christ'.

But apparently christ is a chinese woman?

www.time.com...

^^Article from TIME magazine re: Chinese Jesus

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

You should know if you have read all my posts... But thats beside the point. You are far from enlightened, I can tell that by the way you respond to people who question your ridiculous stance when it comes to Ascension. You get on the back foot, try to make people look like a fool, you my friend cannot handle being told you might be wasting your time on something that is a myth.. Did you actually waste your time reading my profile to answer me? That doesn't sound like a person who can ascend or enlighten another.

Wait, you expect me to go read all your 1,900+ posts? Nope, sorry I'm not going to do that. I took a look at the threads you make and I made a tentative guess based on that. If you don't like it, that's too bad I guess.

So there is a stereotypical response to people that enlightened people are all supposed to have, eh? I guess I better go work on conforming to your stereotypical expectations then. Bye.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join