It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Stands Guard At Daughters School

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

imo it was a very good move and it got the attention it needed to and it has an audience.

I also feel it has illustrated the moral stamina of the majority of US Citizens. Unfortunately, that isn't what the media really want portrayed is it? Why the poser in California? = to discredit Pritchard's efforts!

next up, some poser will cause an issue and that will get major media attention and make the good look bad once again and people will lose faith once more and become apathetic and give up their rights and guns.

edit on 21/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: expand

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
He will get bored in a few days and go home

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For shame, America.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This guy is an idiot. He is part of the problem. He stands the chance of scaring more kids by being there in the first place. The fool should learn how to communicate with his daughter better. But she's only 2 you say? Well, if she understands enough to be scared by such a COMPLICATED event, then she can understand enough not to be scared with a much simpler explanation. This jobless BUM is the reason she is scared. She wouldn't be scared if he was a better parent in the first place, after all, at her age it's the adults she is around that form her opinion of the outside world.

And him acting like a deterrent is a joke. The likelihood of any school kid getting shot to death is so astronomically low that the statistics make you wonder why the 24 hour news cycle has fed morons like this guy a bunch of fear-mongering bs without putting it into perspective.

Ignorance is a cancer on American society, and this idiot is a good example of it. Shame his daughter is going to grow up with no common sense and end up being as easily controlled too....just like her daddy.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I just want to say I have the deepest respect for this man and what he is doing. All of us parents should learn from his example. Ultimately, he is being an above and beyond father and making his daughter feel safe during a really uncertain time. Also, he is doing the same for a number of other parents and children. If someone came up to the school with the intention of shooting up the place he probably wouldn't be able to stop them but just by being there he instills hope an comfort. All of you who say he is accomplishing nothing are very much so mistaken.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
men who hang around outside kids schools all day are usually arrested.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Active duty or otherwise, this bloke deserves a Medal of Honour.

Righteousness - truly the face of the American Military.

This man, THIS MAN, is a Legend!

Hate to piss in peoples cornflakes here, but this idiot is a tool for real. What exactly is he gonna protect? Looks like hes about a buck fifty soaking wet and one left cross away from a hospital bed to me.

If I had a kid in that school I'd be upset at this crap. Theres absolutely no reason for him to do this nonsense except for fifteen minutes of fame. How would I as a parent know this tool isnt looking to molest my kid? Or perhaps commit suicide right there on the steps since our servicemen and women do more of that than killing the enemy?

Most of the armed forces are no better than the jackboots that patrol our streets on a daily basis. In fact, most police are ex military.

We keep talking about mental illness, but then froth at the mouf when some grunt in a uniform thinks hes Robocop or some nonsense. The fact is...most people in the military have mental illness, or do by the time they are done....I know, I am one.

Not berating the concept of protecting kids in school, but not by some retard that thinks because hes a Marine, that anyone at all would be scared of him.

What a joke. All the media clamouring to this guy an crap. Wont be long before someone will start a webpage for donations to him for his "courage".

For some reason, and I dont know why, I wish someone woulda jacked this ass-clown and put him in his damned place.
All is only my opinion, so the inevitable name calling replies and poppycock will fall on deaf ears here, so save it.

Yepper...this guys IS a legend...in his own mind. Pfft.
edit on 21-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
While I think it's awesome he's doing this, I have to question how much I want to indoctrinate kids to accept a police state....

JMHO and what's going to happen is going to happen with or without my acceptance so... yea.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Awe....I guess I've gotten it all wrong. HE"S the pos for trying to do 'something' to alleviate his kids fears and stand around the school to make her feel a lil safer... and all the heros are truly sitting doing nothing but lip service and tearing him up for it on sites such as this. Thanks for the clarification. *smfh*

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

have to agree.

would not be happy with my kid in a school that has a guy like that standing outside.

do people really think that when a man puts on a uniform it gives them special powers and removes all their faults and turns them into some sort of saint. that didn't work out too well for men who dressed up in black with a white collar uniform.
and you wanna put your kids in the care of someone who used to be in the marines? guy could have PTSD or anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiX
As a father, I understand his desire to do what he can to protect the children. As a retired servicemember of 22 years active duty, I am appalled at his blatant disregard of the uniform, UCMJ and disrespect of the armed services.

As a civilian, he is no longer allowed to wear the uniform. He is not retired. He is not attending a formal function. The US military would never endorse military presence at schools as we are not in a military state. The United States does not operate under any capacity of military rule. The mere action of him showing up and performing any function at the school in uniform strongly suggests DoD/USMC endorsement of such activities.

I feel ya' man, but seriously...bad call.

*****UPDATE*****

The Corps Tells Marine Guarding His Kid's School To 'Remove The Uniform'

The Corps told Pritchard he's welcome to stay in front of the school, just not in 'battle dress' fatigues.

MARINE CORPS ORDER P1020.34G para 11002.1.b. states, "Former Members of the Armed Forces. Unless qualified under another provision of this Order or under the provisions of 10 U.S.C. 772, former members who served honorably during a declared or undeclared war and whose most recent service was terminated under honorable conditions may wear the uniform in the highest grade held during such war service only upon the following occasions and in the course of travel incident thereto: (1) Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals. (2) Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. 'Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

Um, I must point out that neither the Marines, or any branch of servicemen has the right to tell any CIVILIAN what they can and cannot wear.
While I appreciate their little paragraph spewing rules, they just do not carry any weight of enforcement after one has left the service.

If I choose, I can goto the local Army Surplus and buy full regalia for any branch of the armed forces, put it on, and claim to be a four-star general. What can anyone do about it? Not a damned thing.

The Marines should worry about which one in their ranks will commit suicide next or shoot up the barracks before they worry what a FREE CIVILIAN wears.

While the guy obviously made a bad decision, the Marines need to butt the hell out.

Perhaps my respect for the armed forces will return when they quit making a mockery of this country. While I agree a few bad apples isnt representative of the whole bushel, it sure makes my appetite for apples go away.

Throwing puppies off bridges.
Murdering whole towns of women and children.
Killing themselves instead of the "enemy".
Shooting unarmed MEDIA with helicopters while laughing.

Makes one wonder what things are done by our soldiers "protecting our freedom" that we arent hearing about.

Im not against the military as a whole, but their excuses of "just following orders" is getting lame.
edit on 21-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
He is not armed because his state probably thinks he doesn't know how to safely handle a firearm. If someone was going into animal shelters and assassinating animals there would be police presence inside every shelter. People have more empathy for animals than people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I see this happening a lot more at most schools. My son is in the third grade and since that tragedy happened there has been more police presence at the school. But I'm wondering how long that will last.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

Sorry, but they do get to tell you what to wear, to a degree . As a Marine, they can tell you not to wear the uniform . He's still Reserve . If you were impersonating a Marine officer they could tell YOU not to wear it . Not so much if he's impersonating a private.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Good on him. It's a really good idea this bloke has thought up.

Sounds to me like a whole lot of ex-military could be employed in this way. Why not? They shouldn't be armed obviously (PTSD etc), just their presence is enough.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All pre-teens should be equipped with M16s and grenades.

/America's problems

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
while i am impressed by his effort, it would seem those 'in charge' prefer to punish him for it.

for those who may not know ... the Reserve is threatening a $10,000 fine, 5 yrs in jail and modification of his Honorable discharge

while i do agree that breaking protocol deserves some punishment, this is rather extreme, imho.

www.dispatch.com...
But by Wednesday night, he was facing a different type of threat.

By wearing those fatigues instead of a dress uniform in public, the Marine reservist said, he violated Marine Corps protocol and could face up to a $10,000 fine and five years in prison. Worst of all for a proud veteran and provider for a growing family, “dishonorable” could be stamped across his honorable discharge.

[color=amber]He said he was warned by phone by former Marine Jordan Pritchard, who stood a similar guard this week at an elementary school in Nashville, Tenn. Pritchard was notified by the U.S. Marine Corps that he was the subject of a formal investigation, Pusley said.

“I made a mistake. I shouldn’t have worn it. I apologize to my community, my nation and the Marine Corps,” Pusley said, adding that he’s written a letter of apology to the president.

to me, this is yet another reason why the MIC should be DOA.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So here goes another 'hero': the guy has been debunked as a fraud, lying about his marine record.

The real story

It s kind of funny. For god, country and the corps, lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yep. Turns out he's just another liar looking for attention. And using a tragedy to get his attention, might I add!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
His only duty station was the Marine Corps Recruit Depot. So I would guess he was a wash out. To bad he had to lie and try and make it about himself.
edit on 2-1-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join