It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine Stands Guard At Daughters School

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sad.....This is a different guy I believe..Someone probably already pointed this out but he should not be in uniform, except on certain days and events. Still mad props to him, anyone will also tell you there is no such thing as a former Marine.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think it's great what he's doing, but are previously active duty Marines allowed to wear their uniform in public like this? Just curious as to whether he could get in trouble for doing so. Hope not.
edit on 20-12-2012 by sqorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There some people on here that are misunderstanding the uniform rule, retired service members are only allowed to wear uniforms for certain occasions. Second thing being missed is thinking any Marine is not a detrant Marines are riflemen first and trained extensivly in hand-to-hand combat, even the worst Marine is better than the average joe.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I saw this on the national news last night. What an awesome person, and great example of an American soldier!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie
Here is an interesting update to the story. Apparently he has been lying about his past in the Marines and what he did for the marines.

It turns out Craig Pusley isn’t in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, he didn’t serve overseas as he told CBS13 on Wednesday and he was discharged after less than a year with the second-lowest ranking in the Marines, private first class (E-2).

that isn't the same guy the OP's source. Jordan Pritchard is the ex Marine... maybe others are getting involved too?
edit on 20/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: format

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
to bad he isnt armed, not sure what he will accomplish if someone with guns rolls up

Hes a deterrent. Hes helping his daughter, and any other Parent or child who fears insanity. I am 100% sure the school is on board with this. I think this is Awesome!

S&F

How are unarmed parents standing in front of a school any sort of deterrent in any way? And obviously any shooter will know they are unarmed because it is a "gun free" zone. It is nice of this guy and all but accomplishes nothing.

Gs
edit on 19-12-2012 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by GermanShep because: add

I'm guessing you're not a parent. If his little girl feels safe, he's accomplished plenty. We all know that statiscally she is already very safe, but she doesn't and her daddy is there to protect her. I think he's a great guy with a big heart and is accomplishing exactly what he set out to.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Even if he isn't armed and has no official position...

To his daughter he is the beacon of trust and protection she so desperately needs. And that's all that matters.

Peace

That's what touched my heart about this. He wants his daughter to feel safe.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
to bad he isnt armed, not sure what he will accomplish if someone with guns rolls up

He's a Marine, I guarantee he'll do something. AND his daughter is in that school. Rest assured, Marines have improvised in far worse conditions and prevailed.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
She has a father who knows and understands what it truly is to be a father and be there for his children ... can only hope things remain calm there and that she doesnt lose her father ...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
NJ State Police are required to retire at age 55 or can retire after 20 years of service...not rocket science. Put them at the front entrance of every school if they want to work after retirement.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I knew something was off about him.

He didn't do this for his daughter.... He did it to make himself look good.

What a dishonest loser.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Your guy is in Cali., Pusley (the poser) --- the Marine in the OP is in TN, Pritchard and honorably discharged after 8 years. Not a poser.

edit on 20-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Good for him for doing this, and I bet the students and staff do feel a sense of security. But, please, God, don't let some wack job get the idea into their head to sit out in the trees with a rifle and a scope.
edit on 20-12-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I started a grass roots campaign to get retied military and law enforcement in schools. Please go to

GranCops
GranCops 2

Today, I was able to talk to one of the EMT's and the wife of a first responder. This is what she told me and why we need 2 armed people per school, one if the office and one always roaming. She told me she wants to word out....

Her name is Sue Conrad who is an EMT in Newtown, Ct whose husband was a first responder. I would like to post a piece of what she said in our discussion. It highlights what the issue is and why we are doing this. Protecting our community.

"Newtown had a secure door at the entrance, there was a wire meshed glass pane next to the door, the "shooter" was seen by the lead secretary w his bullet proof vest and weapons seconds before he used 7 bullets to blow apart that window. It was enough time for her to hide, grab the phone, dial 911 and alert the police, turn on the PA system that alerted the entire school to go into lock down. Which gave the teachers and kids in some class rooms and the gym across from the entrance time to hide. It would have been time enough for an armed guard to take him out. The police are checking but they think his first target was the high school an w the guard at the gate it was enough to have the shooter go elsewhere"

If there was someone in that office when he shot the door, it would have been over. Anyone is better than no one.
edit on 20-12-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As a father, I understand his desire to do what he can to protect the children. As a retired servicemember of 22 years active duty, I am appalled at his blatant disregard of the uniform, UCMJ and disrespect of the armed services.

As a civilian, he is no longer allowed to wear the uniform. He is not retired. He is not attending a formal function. The US military would never endorse military presence at schools as we are not in a military state. The United States does not operate under any capacity of military rule. The mere action of him showing up and performing any function at the school in uniform strongly suggests DoD/USMC endorsement of such activities.

I feel ya' man, but seriously...bad call.

*****UPDATE*****

The Corps Tells Marine Guarding His Kid's School To 'Remove The Uniform'

The Corps told Pritchard he's welcome to stay in front of the school, just not in 'battle dress' fatigues.

MARINE CORPS ORDER P1020.34G para 11002.1.b. states, "Former Members of the Armed Forces. Unless qualified under another provision of this Order or under the provisions of 10 U.S.C. 772, former members who served honorably during a declared or undeclared war and whose most recent service was terminated under honorable conditions may wear the uniform in the highest grade held during such war service only upon the following occasions and in the course of travel incident thereto: (1) Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals. (2) Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. 'Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 20-12-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

This is too much like common sense. Trouble is, it's not on the agenda. Get with the program! The goal here is gun ban, not how we can keep our students safe. They're not interested in concrete, proven methods to protect students across America. Please repeat after me........we must ban guns, we must ban guns. It's worked so well in Chicago.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is what TPTB want, they want us to be scared, give up our weapons so they can have a more controlled state, this is not freedom its control via manipulation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sqorpius

I know the goal, as does my principal....start with city council/mayor so they know, go to the police and then the school

I want to thank my sons principal, Mr James Pribble, for taking the time from his day to talk to a concerned parent. I was afraid, to be honest, that when I sat down and finally discussed this as a reality it would be pushed aside and told they are handling it. Go home Mr. Fahey. But it didn't. If that happens at the school you go to, go on to the next.

We sat down and he listened to my concern, thoughts and we discussed the best options for the children. We talked about what they have in place now and what is needed. I explained to him my idea and the needs, discussed the local police (thanks again to Chief Robert Vincent for your guidance and information), discussed pros/cons and I told him that I really wanted my sons school to be was the pilot to launch.

He told me he wanted it to be a start of something that would propagate. Do not be afraid to start this for the Protectors and Angels of Last Friday. Ask the school, talk to local law and go to the school board. Sit in the office and wait. I would have waited in that seat to see Mr Pribble for days if I thought it would make a difference.

He is going to the District School Board of the tomorrow. I have a the needed people. Each town needs to do this. This will happen again. That kid was not mentally ill. He was removed from society and controlled by his mom. A lot of rage to kill mom and everything she loved. He had friends...he had a network...this is why he tried to destroy the HDD

Teachers know that this will be used as an agenda and they will be left with the short end of the stick. 26 people were killed in an elementary school last week and I can still go to any elementary school and walk in....

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
what a great idea... we as parents should organize and watch our own schools

instead of no kid gets left behind.

we could call it no kid gets shot

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I live in TN, have a conceal/carry permit and do every day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join