It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testimony: The Holiness Required For Heaven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

You're just a troll, reading what he wants into the text what the text doesn't say. And, again, I won't address red herring arguments, if you want to debate the doctrine of the Trinity pull up one of those threads and post in it. The text you posted talks about bondage to sin. There is nothing in the Bible that says if wither smoking or addiction is a sin.

Let me as you a question Pharisee, if a person drinks a cup of wine are they sinning? And re-read that last part sparky, I didn't say you claimed there was a "single verse", I said that you claimed 'addiction is a sin'. It was my point that there is not a single verse in scripture that agrees with what you said... unless of course you take a verse totally out of context.

edit on 22-12-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

You can not prove or disprove what the Holy Spirit teaches because you have never received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I am not in this thread to debate the trinity, but teaching that disqualifies you from teaching anyone on proper hermeneutics.

I am not a "troll" nor am I a Pharisee. Pharisees attempt to make themselves look holy on the outside and do not have inward holiness. I am made holy on the inside by the Holy Spirit and my actions reflect it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

How can I trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord without the Holy Spirit? (See 1 Corinthians 12:3). Qnd likewise, how have I called upon Christ without God first drawing me unto His Son? Jesus said no man can come to Him unless the Father fist draws that man.

And what about my question? If a man drinks a cup of wine is he sinning?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

How can I trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord without the Holy Spirit?

You do not trust in Jesus. You do not have the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

You do not trust in Jesus. You do not have the Holy Spirit.

Read 1 Corinthians 12:3 again. There were other questions you didn't answer.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Read 1 Corinthians 12:3 again.

By rejecting the teachings of the apostles, and teaching that it was yah instead of Jesus who came in the flesh, you reject Jesus as Lord.

There were other questions you didn't answer.

Perhaps if you would ask them without name calling, I would answer.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I've never said Jesus didn't come in the flesh, perhaps you're thinking of another member. He's the only begotten Son of God, who is the Lord and Savior of man. So, how can I believe this and proclaim it proudly when the Word of God states that no man can do so without the Holy Spirit?

And grow up, thus isn't kindergarten. If you think I called you bad names you should read the harsh words Christ and the apostles used in the NT.

Again, if someone drinks a glass of wine are they sinning? Is that unholy?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I've never said Jesus didn't come in the flesh, perhaps you're thinking of another member.

You don't believe that Yahweh is the true God?

He's the only begotten Son of God, who is the Lord and Savior of man. So, how can I believe this and proclaim it proudly when the Word of God states that no man can do so without the Holy Spirit?

Don't you teach that the Son of God was eternal, not begotten? Don't you teach that Jesus is one of three lords in unity?

And grow up, thus isn't kindergarten. If you think I called you bad names you should read the harsh words Christ and the apostles used in the NT.

The difference is that I am not a troll or pharisee.

Again, if someone drinks a glass of wine are they sinning? Is that unholy?

It depends. How big is the glass? How many glasses did they have before that one? How often do they drink it? Are they drinking it to get drunk? Are they addicted?

The only time I have wine is just a very small amount (way less than a normal sized glass) mixed with water for the Lord's supper on Passover. I teach others this also. There is just too many other options without the alcohol these days to take the risk.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Again, this isn't about the Trinity. That's a red herring discussion. Again, if you wish to debate that with someone there are numerous threads you can search for and post in. And I'm pleased to see that you're not one of the weirdo Christians who claim drinking a glass of wine is a sin, considering Christ Himself drank wine at the last supper.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

His name is not Christ. Christ is a Greek title that dozens of people have possessed at one time or another. His name was Jesus, assuming he existed at all. Jesus of Nazareth.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

His name is not Christ. Christ is a Greek title that dozens of people have possessed at one time or another. His name was Jesus, assuming he existed at all. Jesus of Nazareth.

No kidding, Christ is just a title. It's like referring to Obama as President.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And a hundred years from now, people will not still be calling him President.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hehehe....."President Jesus"

That sounds funny, I don't care who you are!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yes, it would be funny having a Mexican for a President.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Again, this isn't about the Trinity. That's a red herring discussion.

You brought the topic up. Afraid to answer the questions and find out the truth?
edit on 23-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by truejew

Again, this isn't about the Trinity. That's a red herring discussion.

You brought the topic up. Afraid to answer the questions and find out the truth?
edit on 23-12-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

I never brought up anything about the Trinity, and no, it's illogical to entertain attempts by someone else to interject a red herring fallacy into a discussion. As said a few times before, if that's what you want to discuss around here there are many threads you can find by doing a search and join a discussion on that topic there.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

And a hundred years from now, people will not still be calling him President.

Why not? We still refer to Lincoln and Washington as Presidents. The 16th and the 1st.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The topic of who Christ is, of oneness or trinity, was brought up by you when you asked the following:

To trust in Jesus as Lord requires that you know that He is the one Lord, not one of three lords in unity. It also requires that you follow the words of His apostles and repent, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and receive the Holy Spirit. Therefore you do not trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior. You do not have the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Im glad you're finished finally.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Im glad you're finished finally.

Not finished yet.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Well I am, so I suppose you'll have to entertain yourself. Take care.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join