It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi Universe=Multi souls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hi ATS! I usually don't make threads but this question has been bugging me a lot lately. (I hope this was the right forum to post this in)

I believe in multiple universes...I also believe in having a soul. BUT if I exist 1000+ times in other worlds, then my other me's MUST have a soul too, right? So when I'm dead in this universe, I'll be alive in another one and my soul will of course be intact in my other bodies.

I just always thought our souls were unique... are our multiple souls considered to be as one?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've always had a wacky idea concerning that very possibility, what if when you die, another universe is created in that instant in where you didn't die and your 'soul' or consciousness is transferred immediately to this alternate universe. So people that we know to have died actually move on so to speak, to their next life which will be better or worse depending on their actions before they 'died'.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Understand that who you are, the frequency within resonates will all versions of you from past to future.
Multiverse but one soul. Imagine you as a unique radio channel. This radio channel is not affected by time and exists around it.

All thoughts and feelings throughout the ages feed into the infinite you.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Does there have to be multiple universe for there to be multiple time streams? I'm thinking of the egg story as I ask this, to clarify for those attempting to answer.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm no expert but I would imagine they're one and the same, an alternate time stream would result in an alternate universe. What is the egg story if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

I think your mistaking many universes with "parallel universes"

Other universes almost certainly wouldn't be parallel. In fact, recent theories suggest that they would be radically different, with fundamentally different properties.

Now, if you want to talk about probability and spacetime...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Di0nysis
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm no expert but I would imagine they're one and the same, an alternate time stream would result in an alternate universe. What is the egg story if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Well yes parallel universes. I guess multi universes would just mean even more souls for whole other entities.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Hey thanks man, fascinating story. We are all one

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You are thinking in terms of separation. If multi-universe is true, then that means that there are many universes BUT they are all parallel, meaning they are all together in an omniverse.

So you wouldn't have multiple soulS (with an s), you would have ONE soul that extends into all multiverses including this you here.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

ever see the show Fringe? it's alll about that.. they meet their parallel selves...

so i've thought about this a lot... and i see it like this.. if multiverses are not connected.. then i don't see this happening...

if multiverses are parallel realities showing all probable outcomes happening.. then there's a version of me that's a lawyer and one that's a professional swimmer. because those were paths i could have taken in this life but did not.

because of probability because those are very probable outcomes...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Understand that who you are, the frequency within resonates will all versions of you from past to future.
Multiverse but one soul. Imagine you as a unique radio channel. This radio channel is not affected by time and exists around it.

All thoughts and feelings throughout the ages feed into the infinite you.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Was going to respond to this thread, but I don't think I could have put it any better than you have. I totally agree with your statement.

join