It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need common sense restrictions on the 1st amendment.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

We have too many laws and restrictions as it is! JackyMenace is correct when she says what we need is common sense cause stupidity is reining supreme in America right now! Every action has a consequence
on the world we live in and the truth is ignored in place of sensationalism! We live in a fear based society
and the first thing the majority do after the incessant plethora of scare tactics are unloaded, is to demand more restrictions! Though Bravery was never a strong point, burying our heads will not resolve these issues but only by standing up to what scares us will we mitigate our anxieties! Labeling is another crutch of the weak minded
intent on surrounding theirselves with a lack of diversity, depth and individuality to make judgement definitive and decisive for them! The truth is most people are deep, complex, emotional, wonderous beings who can have any number of outlooks and even those that are different should be encouraged not suppressed from the wonderous world around us! laws were supposed to be simple things that prevented immoral tramplings on each others freedoms but somewhere down the line this became blurred and confused into restricting us, creating income
and demoralizing society! the world was supposed to be an oyster but instead of us getting the pearl all we ended up with was sand and slime!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by angrysniper

I disagree completely, though I understand your points. The one thing I do feel they should be required to do is to dedicate a minimum of double the amount of time to retract mistakes in identification. So if there were 20 minutes of discussion about the shooter in CT being the brother of the shooter, they should be required to dedicate at least 40 minutes to telling the world they reported incorrectly, and that guy is innocent.

Or when a news article is run about an alleged child molestor, or rapist, and it turns out not to be true..article inches and headline size doubled to clear the person whose life has been ruined by the carelessness.

But limiting the reporting of stories. No way. People can choose to watch something else, or not watch at all.

Now this is a good idea and would get the corporates to tell the truth except for one thing! Lying is what manipulates the masses and while I would love to be able to watch MSM and see something other then sensationalism of false realities there is noone to hold them accountable! Since we can't hold our government,
corporations, banking or wealthy individuals accountable I doubt we will be able to do this for the most powerful
weapon of these groups! Sorry but this is how it is and to rid ourselves of these issues we would have to start at the top. Unfortunately most people allow fear to control them and this is why there is so much fear based news!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Founding fathers were this..
Founding father were that..

Look, the Founding Fathers had slaves, didn't feel women were equal, and believed in vampires and witches.

Sounds about as infallible as The Bible, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimjensen
reply to post by votan

YOU TELL THEM!!!!

WE MUST NOT GIVE UP OUR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS TO COMMIT FRAUD!!!!

PUNISH PEOIPLE WHO TRUST!!!

tHEY R STOOPID

I think our education system is responsible for keeping them "stoopid". You are a testament to that.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ITT: Abject retardation used as a distraction from America's most pressing domestic issue.

A sign of a sector of the community without a argumentative leg to stand on and in fear for its very survival? Seems like it...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join