It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sheer Apathy of 12/21/12

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Because...everything is a cycle....

we are not doing anything new...we are repeating a cycle.....

I digress....I cannot explain this in a way that people will understand. I have yielded....it is time for the next phase to step up.....I cannot fulfill this equation alone....

It is an equation....I am shocked and dismayed at the people that do not see it....our existence is something that has mathematically repeated itself over and over....only when we spot the ariable will we be able to break free of it....I thought I saw it///i guess I was wrong.....we have to keep looking...we cannot stop.....it was not me...but that is not the end of the world....I have met some clever people over the years.....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by BlueMule

reply to post by SpearMint

I could think of about 20 responses to that, but I think your avatar is trolling me, so I'll refrain.

lol yeah when I see that avatar I keep scrolling...I try to get to know the avatars of trolls and pseudo-skeptics so I can ignore them, since ATS doesn't see fit to provide an ignore list...

Or maybe it's to ignore reason and rational thinking.

When you use an avatar for an extended period of time, people associate you with it. If people associate you with a guy humping the air with a blind sense of pleasure on his face, people will subconsciously filter your comments through that. Of course, this is a 2012 thread, so that's another discussion for another time.

I wasn't querying that, what I said still goes.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am really hoping that Dec 21st can be a positive instead of a negative feeling,maybe it is a change for the better instead of all gloom and doom,maybe we see peace instead of war,no insane violence against children are your fellow man.people coming together as a nation to make our world a better place for all humanity,That is what i want to see on Dec 21st

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Within us is the answer....we can figure this out

second line

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Spearmint you are not helping...you are using ancient [snipped] to ignore an obvious situation....something is connected...we just dont get what. You are fully entit;led to say it means nothing... Would you work with an amateur or are you so ingrained that you cannot see the foggy variables.....lets be serious....there is something beyond the mists happening here...so what do we do?
edit on Wed Dec 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Was eating lunch at a cafe today and it said "If the world ends while you are dining the meal is on us" on the blackboard. Made me chuckle.

The trick in this is then convincing the cafe owner and staff that the world has indeed ended.

And that this is the afterlife. Free meal, just takes a little work

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Spearmint you are not helping...you are using ancient [snipped] to ignore an obvious situation....something is connected...we just dont get what. You are fully entit;led to say it means nothing... Would you work with an amateur or are you so ingrained that you cannot see the foggy variables.....lets be serious....there is something beyond the mists happening here...so what do we do?

You're telling me that I can't see something, but I say you're just seeing what you want to see, something that isn't really there. Obviously I'm not trying to help, because I disagree, it's only an "obvious situation" to the few that are convinced something will happen or is happening. I'll tell you what isn't helping your case, your botched punctuation.
edit on Wed Dec 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I could think of about 20 responses to that, but I think your avatar is trolling me, so I'll refrain.

1. He is correct.
20. He is correct.

You posed a thought, Why is there no excitement in the real world about 21/12/12 ? You were given an answer.

Doesn't fit, so lets ignore/berate and move on to the next "Oh ya yer rite!!" post.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My time is slowly running out as I have been using the Westernised Mayan end of times prophecy as an excuse to be late for work; miss deadlines; behave outrageously; indulge to excess and I have only a day or so left on my hedonistic path, because come December 22 all will be back to normal and the fun times will be over.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

lol yeah when I see that avatar I keep scrolling...I try to get to know the avatars of trolls and pseudo-skeptics so I can ignore them, since ATS doesn't see fit to provide an ignore list...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You are correct.

I have come to the conclusion that something is astray....perhaps that is my mistake. I was absolutely sure something weird was happening...it was so odd that I could not put a name to it...but you are right and I was blind to it.

I cannot tell people how to interpret incoming data....that was a giant mistake.....I am glad to see you want to talk to us.....It is refreshing.

Iam going to have to go bye-bye for a few days. My wife wants to visit her mother. I am completely fine with whoever you folks choose to be in charge,,,I don't need to be involved....i trust you guys.....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Oh man...I hope you are right...but on the other hand...I hope you get a slap...you are not all knowing...you do not know what tomorrow brings....you deserve to be broken for your arrogance...you know nothing

It's common sense, actually, and it seems you think people should be punished for it.

I laughed my bum right back on again after that one!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

All it takes is one person who has never been on a conspiracy site that believes in one of the 2012 prophecies to prove his absolute statement wrong. If you went into a bar and called the people rednecks, would you be confused if those rednecks proceeded to beat you up? His statement is one of those typical "hurr durr, I'm going to make a quick, clever reply to be the typical second post in a thread that has 100+ stars on it".

reply to post by winofiend

I never said any of those things, but to be honest, I can't blame you. The amount of finger pointing on this site these days is ridiculous.

And by the way, putting an emoticon at the end of every single one of your posts is akin to that one guy you meet in every crowd who is really loud and laughs at the end of every witty remark he makes. It adds nothing to the conversation other than having the intent to make the one you responded to feel silly while the other people who read the conversation think the one who has been responded to is silly due to the nature of said emoticon.

reply to post by LarryLove

There's still Christmas and New Year's Day to look forward to.
edit on 12/19/2012 by SonicInfinity because: Added response

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Feels more like burnout than apathy. The world's gone to hell in a hand basket. I've been saying that since I was a teenager. That actually used to be the thing to say, whenever we'd hear messed up news. "The world's gone to hell in a hand basket!" Well, things have only gotten much, much worse since those days. And there's the saying my grandmother used to repeat often, "The poor stay poor, and the rich get richer." And I wonder how long that's been true. No, no need to wonder. That's the way the world is. So... when I stumbled across videos like this one, here, a few years ago, on my curious search for the truth (which, by the way, was never found), I now have to wonder what would possess a person to make such claims. But, when the world is sliding down the tubes in a hand basket, people get desperate. And desperate people will consider farfetched possibilities. You might even say we create a fantasy in our mind to escape the harsh reality of the world. According to a book I read, called "The Road Less Traveled", the author would agree. I bought that book on the advice of someone who used to post here. They were friendly with me, for a short time, then vanished just like everyone else who ever deigns to speak with a pathetic individual such as myself. But I digress. The thing I was trying to say is, this is why I don't know what to believe. I want to believe it, and sometimes I think I might. But then the burnt out cynic in me thinks this world is owned by evil men, and it is doomed. The best I can hope for is the end to us all, because the most laughable thing I've heard in the past few years is the commonly repeated line, "More and more people are starting to wake up!" Oh? I see more and more people burying their mind in a fantasy world. But who am I to throw such insults, when I have done the exact same thing? I want to die. Right now. But I keep holding on, for whatever reason. And when December 21 comes and goes, I will have to find another anchor to keep me here. I don't know why I should bother, though. I'm tired of it all. Tired of the greed, tired of the obsession with dominance and control, tired of the murder, torture and rape. Human beings are evolving? We're evolving? Into what? Nothing good, that's for certain. Not unless some miracle occurs very soon. But it's probably just another lie, isn't it. I don't understand how people can make such claims and sleep at night. But why not? They do so many other horrific things, and sleep just fine.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you win....I give up......

I thought I had children from my age...you know..growing up...but they suck......we have reached the end children....C rytstal....did I not warn you? they love me....right now I afford there existence....wtf.lady....I tried....I am going to die soon....because i know the truth...if you love freedom...it is done....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You need to watch National Geographic this week.

No one is talking about it because everyone realizes what a big nothing the event will be.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That's not true I just saw a hysterical jello commercial about the mayan apocalypse

www.nytimes.com...

it's hysterical i wonder if it's on youtube yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

What makes the video really funny is that it's all individually wrapped in containers which is then halfway in a box which is in another box. I'm sure if anybody returns on 12/21, they will appreciate having to unwrap every single one of those.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

HAHA thanks infinity... hysterical wasn't it!
let's hope that jello does the trick!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Because only conspiracy nuts that go on conspiracy sites think anything will happen. The rest of the world knows that it's BS.

That is not true as all kinds of people have been talking about 2012 and most of them are not even into conspiracy theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join