It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Legend info please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was talking with a friend at work last night about, well... lots of things.

One topic in particular got my attention...

He was talking about this Indian "legend"...

Something about how each race of man will have its turn to 'better' mankind.

I think it went something like:

race 1: black
race 2: brown
race 3: red
race 4: white
race 5: yellow

I would like some information on this "legend".

upon running this through my tiny polluted brain i have these thoughts/theories (whatever ya wanna call em)...

race 1 makes sense b/c Africa has been proven to be the cradle of mankind.

race 2 would be right as the middle-eastern peoples can be said to have brown skin. not to metion the fact that this is the next stop mankind is said to have taken when we left Africa.

race 3 would be the Indian cultures (western and eastern).

race 4 need I go into detail on this one? we all know the white mans 'take' on things as well as what you learned in highschool history class.

race 5, yellow. this can only be the asians as China alone holds 1/6th of the worlds population.

My friend was saying that, in the legend, the last race would be the ones to 'get it right' and bring about the evolution of mankind. (or something like that).

this is why i want more info on this legend...

(i do remember seeing, on unsolved mysteries, prior to y2k, something about this legend... something about the five races and about mankind coming full-circle soon with the final race in charge of the planet)...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I know I will probably get flamed for this but I read in article awhile back and this is what it said.

From the apes, extra-terrestrials have been genetically engineering human beings on earth with each race being a new hybrid. You must look at the characteristics of the typical grey alien. They are extremely intelligent, smaller in build, little to no hair, walk upright, and have slanted eyes.

The ape that supposedly started the "evolution" of humans is much like the apes of today. They are hairy and don't walk upright. With each stage of "evolution" they lose more hair, walk upright, and become more intelligent.

Skip ahead to modern man. We have five major races as Assassin pointed out:

First we have black people. It has so far been proven that modern man started in Africa and then spread throughout the world. However the human migration needed to cover the world with the different races is almost impossible either without different evolution cycles in different places of the world or different races were placed in different locations of the world. In the article I read he pointed out an I.Q. study of races and it said the the average I.Q. of a black person is the lowest of the five races. It does not mean that there are not extremely smart black people. I know geniuses in all races. I just don't want anyone to take offense. I am repeating what I read and that is it. They had some figure and it was only a few points above legal mental retardation. Some africans have similar facial features to apes. The shape of the nose being the most prominent.

The next two races are very similar. Brownish red skin, facial features change. The average I.Q goes up in Middle Eastern people and goes up even more in Indian cultures.

With the White race the skin lightens even more depending on nationality. The average I.Q. also goes up even more. Facial features change again.

Then we get to the yellow race made up of Asians. Chinese, Japanese, etc...
We now have the highest average I.Q. of the five races. The Asians now have a paler, greyer skin of all the races. Their eyes become slanted more like the grey aliens.

That is the basics of that article. I have looked for it and can not find it. I also looked for the I.Q. study I read and can not find it.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
I know I will probably get flamed for this but I read in article awhile back and this is what it said.

Not flamed, but certainly corrected with some science.

From the apes, extra-terrestrials have been genetically engineering human beings on earth with each race being a new hybrid.

No. Sorry. The races aren't "hybrids." A hybrid is something created by two species. Homo sapiens is all one species.

The ape that supposedly started the "evolution" of humans is much like the apes of today.

We're actually not descended from apes. Nor is our most primitive ancestor much like the apes of today.

They are hairy and don't walk upright. With each stage of "evolution" they lose more hair, walk upright, and become more intelligent.

Yes... sort of...

Skip ahead to modern man. We have five major races as Assassin pointed out:

Four races. "Brown" isn't a race, and if you're thinking of Hispanics, they aren't a race... they're a culture. Big difference. There's "brown" skin color in all the other four races.

And actually, "race" is a meaningless term (a political division and not a genetic division)
www.crystalinks.com...

First we have black people. It has so far been proven that modern man started in Africa and then spread throughout the world. However the human migration needed to cover the world with the different races is almost impossible either without different evolution cycles in different places of the world or different races were placed in different locations of the world.

The author of that article wouldn't know a Paranthropus from an Australopithecene and his/her theories about "almost impossible without different evolution cycles" shows a poor understanding of human biology and evolutionary processes.

In the article I read he pointed out an I.Q. study of races and it said the the average I.Q. of a black person is the lowest of the five races.

This was disproven long, long ago (early 1900's) but the original article still hovers around thanks to the White Supremacists.

Some africans have similar facial features to apes. The shape of the nose being the most prominent.

Some Caucasians have similar facial features to apes. The size of the lips being the most prominent. Some have noses similar to some apes.

Ditto the members of other races.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, since we developed from a common ancestor millions of years ago. Dogs and bears have similar noses and somewhat similar skull shapes because they diverged from a common ancestor about the time that the hominid line split from the simian line.

But it's not that significant.

The next two races are very similar. Brownish red skin, facial features change. The average I.Q goes up in Middle Eastern people and goes up even more in Indian cultures.

Those "races" are Caucasians... "whites." No such thing as a "brown" race.

With the White race the skin lightens even more depending on nationality. The average I.Q. also goes up even more.

Not to be excessivly tacky, but I really do wonder about that sometimes.

Then we get to the yellow race made up of Asians. Chinese, Japanese, etc... We now have the highest average I.Q. of the five races.

If that's true, it's because the Eastern cultures put such a high emphasis on scholarship and learning as a way out of poverty. Western cultures seem to worship sports and money. Guess which social construct produces better scientists and scholars?

The Asians now have a paler, greyer skin of all the races. Their eyes become slanted more like the grey aliens.

I think you'll find the first statement just isn't true at all. As for the second, their eyes aren't slanted. They have, instead, an "epicanthic" fold that gives their eyes a "slanted" look. But they're no more slanted than yours or mine.

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I did a little more research, and can say that the legend is a modern "legend."

You see, before Europeans showed up, the Native Americans had NO idea that there were any other groups of people other than the tribes themselves. The "colors" mentioned for the races are not sacred colors used by any groups (I would believe a legend that spoke of races that were the sacred colors, but these are none of them... and five isn't a sacred number to the Indian cultures.)

I think it comes from David Icke (I've seen the rather silly "greys/reptilian breeding" stuff before, and I think it comes from him.) It's still bad science, and it's a modern legend (post 1600's, and probably dates to 1800's and America.)

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The guy who was telling me about this said:

"I think it's a mid-western tribal thing. I wanna say the Hopi, but, I don't think it was them..."

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
According to an Ojibwe legend there were only 4 "races" that the great spirit put on the earth.

Red,
Black,
Yellow,
and of course,
white.

The only legend I ever heard that brought this out was a scary end-of-times prophecy which the elders spoke to us of. The legend was the only thing I ever heard that really scared me, made me shake, and I'm 6'4, 250 lbs.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to hear the legend I might as well type up what I remember of it, (yeah, not to respectful am I? Oh well...)

The legend says that in the beginning, the great spirit (our equivilant of your God,
), made 4 races of people and spread them throughout the earth. There was alot of other stuff that explained what each race was best at or something, like us Natives were the best at living off the land, since we only took as much as we needed and used all we took. In the end we (humans as a whole) could either choose the path of technology (aka: death and destruction), or to return to the old ways (and be saved). Most of the things that were said would happen have already come to past, like the Red Sun rising in the East, or which ever direction Japan is.

Thats pretty much all I remember...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Weise,

Got any links to this legend?

This sounds like it's the one he was talking about.
He must have gotten parts of it confused with something else...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Nah, I don't have any links, but I'll look around.

I dont know if it's on the internet or not, but it was told to us in school during one of the classes where a couple of elders talked to us about a few things.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I guesss I am a bit young, but I havent heard of these legends, but I find them highly interesting.

I like hearing the old tales of different cultures, because there is so much truth in them. What other legends would you guys have that you can share with (me) us.

M@

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Most of the legends I know are irrellevant to any world events, alot just pertain to the reasons why we should live the traditional way.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weise
Most of the legends I know are irrellevant to any world events, alot just pertain to the reasons why we should live the traditional way.

got any info on those?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's really easy for a culture to consider themselves a race in their own self centered world.

The reality is that there are only 3. Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid. Black White and Asian. Furthermore skin, hair, eye shapes are all to adapt to their original climate. Has nothing to do with IQ. The differant shades of Black people is natural sunblock and for Hot Dry climates. Slanty eyes and facial structure of an Asian is to deal with windy, cold and/or mountain climates.

Everything else is a mixture including Hispanic groups.

Take Puerto Ricans for example.Their ancestry includes African and Taino Indian but they know farely little about their makeup besides Spanish. African and Taino is what shaped them into what they are today culturally and physically with a little help from their slavemasters making them speak the language.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
There is this Hopi prophecy which talks about The Great Spirit who came down and divided people into four different races: red, black, yellow and white.
More info:
www.welcomehome.org...
Is this what you were looking for?
greetings,
jazzgul

spelling edit

[edit on 4-11-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
```

in addition to jazzgul link,

this: Multi-Cultural , stories & predictions Page

www.dreamscape.com...

may not 'answer' your inquiry....but may open a window....

(theres 5 different Native American headings...))

()

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanx for the links...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I did a little more research, and can say that the legend is a modern "legend."

You see, before Europeans showed up, the Native Americans had NO idea that there were any other groups of people other than the tribes themselves. The "colors" mentioned for the races are not sacred colors used by any groups .....

Actually...you did not do enough research as it is true that there are Native American legends and prophecies that speak of the different races....

Icke did not invent this Byrd......

What kind of research did you do?

Here is a link to one of the Cherokee prophecies.
www.geocities.com...

The Cherokee talk about 4 races not 5.

Here is a link with more Native American Legends, folklore and prophecies.
opossumsally.homestead.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
wise just curious, what tribe you from?

top topics

join