It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should ban rocks!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I say we ban the "warning stickers" on products. Like the warning sign on hairdryers that say not to use them in the bath tub. Or the warning on coffee cups from McDonalds that warn you that the coffee is hot.

Take all the signs away and let nature run its course. We'll all be much better off.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Cull the herd, eh? The government won't allow that unless it's their idea! But I'm with ya!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
reply to post by SpearMint

You said "here in my country where barely anyone gets murdered, massacres never happen and people don't have to worry."

Now you go straight to gun murders? Most countries that have banned guns see an increase in murders utilizing weapons besides firearms. And massacres still happen, just because one hasn't happened in "your country" lately. (Ask Norway, their gun restrictions didn't stop a massacre last year.)

I could go on and on, but what's the point? My mind is made up, as is yours.

As for being a pro-gun stereo type? Thank you.

Isn't the whole thread about guns? What I said is true, and you're due another massacre very soon. I bet it will be done with a legally owned gun.

The fact that you think being a pro-gun stereotype is a good thing reinforces the notion that you are one, of course that's just a compliment to you, but believe me, it isn't.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Cull the herd, eh? The government won't allow that unless it's their idea! But I'm with ya!

All those years of natural selection were going well until we butted in. Now look at the mess it's caused!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Rocks aren't manufactured to kill and don't come close to the gun death toll, I know it's in the jokes section, and that's where it belongs, it's even more stupid than comparing guns to car related deaths.

I'm responding to your post because what I've seen from you is admirable and sensible even though we may differ in opinion ever so slightly. I can't say that for everyone I have seen here.

I very much want to keep gun ownership legal, with certain limitations. However, after a day or two on this site, speaking to some of the ... members ... here, I could easily, at this point, be convinced to ban every darn one of them.

The way some of these minds work is quite disturbing. They won't be satisfied with having firearms, they want full out assault weapons, uzi's, rocket launchers, even tanks just to "ensure their safety cuz this iz merca".

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has always owned guns, has always hunted, is very defensive about the second ammendment (within the realm of intelligence) and wants to ensure that we are able to continue to own firearms that have a use other than slaughtering as many people as possible.

If the members on that side here and the views they have espoused are an indication of what kind of people are out there, able to get guns, then I say ban every dang one of them. Take them away, make them unavailable because these people have been bat-crap crazy. I don't want these people to have scissors, let alone a firearm

Granted, the extremists that happen to be members here are NOT a cross section of America (thank GOD!), but I can certainly see where those who want to ban guns are coming from. If the people I have attempted to have a discussion with and seek compromise from are indicative of the proponents, then the proponents need to be stopped. They are not competent to carry a firearm.

I was under the impression that most proponents were of basically the same mind that I am. They want to preserve their right to ownership due to hunting, hobby and basic protection. That makes sense and is reasonable. But that's not what these folks on here are proposing. They want to have a complete arsenal fit to overtake a small country. The guns they want to own serve absolutely no purpose other than the slaughter of other people, none at all. It disgusts me and angers me.

It's nut-jobs like them that are likely to take away gun ownership from all of us. Just like the abusers of prescription medication have made it difficult for people in actual need to get the medication they need.

Stupid people shouldn't breed, it makes more of them. Unfortunately, they're the ones who do it the most. It's a contest for them. See how many offspring you can produce like it's a contest as opposed to a responsibility. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Dihydrogen Monoxide is what we really need to worry about it. Mafia hitmen used it for years to deal with undesirables.

I dont have exact figures, but id be willing to be the numbers would put it miles ahead of anything else for a death count.

"

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation."

Source

Yeah, that Dihydrogen Monoxide is pretty dangerous stuff

There's even a website dedicated to making it better known dhmo.org...

I swear, that stuff is as plentiful as ... water or something
... we need to get a better handle on it!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Rocks aren't manufactured to kill and don't come close to the gun death toll, I know it's in the jokes section, and that's where it belongs, it's even more stupid than comparing guns to car related deaths.

I'm responding to your post because what I've seen from you is admirable and sensible even though we may differ in opinion ever so slightly. I can't say that for everyone I have seen here.

I very much want to keep gun ownership legal, with certain limitations. However, after a day or two on this site, speaking to some of the ... members ... here, I could easily, at this point, be convinced to ban every darn one of them.

The way some of these minds work is quite disturbing. They won't be satisfied with having firearms, they want full out assault weapons, uzi's, rocket launchers, even tanks just to "ensure their safety cuz this iz merca".

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has always owned guns, has always hunted, is very defensive about the second ammendment (within the realm of intelligence) and wants to ensure that we are able to continue to own firearms that have a use other than slaughtering as many people as possible.

If the members on that side here and the views they have espoused are an indication of what kind of people are out there, able to get guns, then I say ban every dang one of them. Take them away, make them unavailable because these people have been bat-crap crazy. I don't want these people to have scissors, let alone a firearm

Granted, the extremists that happen to be members here are NOT a cross section of America (thank GOD!), but I can certainly see where those who want to ban guns are coming from. If the people I have attempted to have a discussion with and seek compromise from are indicative of the proponents, then the proponents need to be stopped. They are not competent to carry a firearm.

I was under the impression that most proponents were of basically the same mind that I am. They want to preserve their right to ownership due to hunting, hobby and basic protection. That makes sense and is reasonable. But that's not what these folks on here are proposing. They want to have a complete arsenal fit to overtake a small country. The guns they want to own serve absolutely no purpose other than the slaughter of other people, none at all. It disgusts me and angers me.

It's nut-jobs like them that are likely to take away gun ownership from all of us. Just like the abusers of prescription medication have made it difficult for people in actual need to get the medication they need.

Stupid people shouldn't breed, it makes more of them. Unfortunately, they're the ones who do it the most. It's a contest for them. See how many offspring you can produce like it's a contest as opposed to a responsibility. Absolutely disgusting.

Thank you for the rational and thought out reply.

I completely agree with you, but I'm under the impression that a large portion of gun owners are how you described. I got that impression from a few places including the Internet and things like documentaries and other TV, which as you said isn't a cross section of America, however I can't help but think it's still a large portion and that's where the problems come from. If this isn't true, people need to realise this is how they come across and either fix that if possible, or address it when discussing the subject.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Thank you for the rational and thought out reply.

I completely agree with you, but I'm under the impression that a large portion of gun owners are how you described. I got that impression from a few places including the Internet and things like documentaries and other TV, which as you said isn't a cross section of America, however I can't help but think it's still a large portion and that's where the problems come from. If this isn't true, people need to realise this is how they come across and either fix that if possible, or address it when discussing the subject.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

Absolutely. If someone is in support of anything and are speaking out about it, the impression they leave is very important in whether they are successful or not.

If a gun supporter comes across as a psycho, chances are, people are going to want gun control. When people rant and rave and want more and more, people see them as dangerous and they are going to be opposed to what they are suggesting.

Some of the posts I've seen on this site are almost enough to make me agree with banning guns. They're downright scary. I don't want people of the mentality that I have seen here to be able to own a gun. They are dangerous enough without one. WITH one, they're... well, they're a loose cannon. It's called that for a reason.

The nutjobs need to realize they are hurting their cause more than helping it. There are those of us who want to keep gun ownership legal and to keep our freedom to bear arms who are seeing them and rethinking our stance. Yes, I want to be able to keep my guns to hunt with and to protect my home, however, if people like them are also able to have guns, I may give up my right to have them just to keep them out of their hands. I don't want people like that out on the street, let alone out on the street with a "weapon".

If we want real gun safety, we need to look at ways to ensure that when someone purchases a gun, they are in their right mind and have some degree of intelligence. Idiots are dangerous and they hurt their own rights as well as our rights with their utter stupidity.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They tried to ban Rock in the sixties, it didn't work.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
They tried to ban Rock in the sixties, it didn't work.

The "stoners" was the name for the ones opposed right?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

The Stoners listened to the rock. Sounds like the oracle prophesies of ancient times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join