It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should ban rocks!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes! I said rocks!

How many senseless murders have been committed with rocks? From the beginnings of man they have been used in farmer on sheepherder crime, all the senseless stonings, the salem witch trial pressings where brave men railed against their oppressive overlords, screaming "More weight!"

All of the assaults made on innocent castles once rocks realized they could be catapulted with deadly, brutal accuracy across great distances, destroying walls and murdering the people who manned them!

The mass genocide of giants, (poor giants, you dont see them anymore), once rocks realized that they could kill these larger than life beings by swinging in circles within leather slings until achieving a velocity that would allow them to fly short distances and slam forcefully into soft temples.

Small game murders perpetuated by rocks that figured out that a forked stick with rubber bands would allow them to bring down small woodland animals.

The horrors that people in glass houses have endured

Windshields! Yes! New windshields that were innocently minding their own business, enjoying a Sunday drive, assaulted by rocks that leapt from the back of dump trucks to bounce off the road and destroy the poor windshields pristine veneer...

Avalanches, where rocks attack en masse, rolling downhill without regard to life or dwellings.

Stone edifices that inexplicably collapse on people without care.

Yes... We should ban rocks, for assuredly, they have destroyed more lives on their own than anything known to man...

Ban rocks first, then we can talk about firearms...

Sorry, the gun thing was really annoying me and I needed to blow off some steam and lighten my mood, I'm worried about my AR!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Rocks aren't manufactured to kill and don't come close to the gun death toll, I know it's in the jokes section, and that's where it belongs, it's even more stupid than comparing guns to car related deaths.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

I am so sick of the culture of "safety."

People are terrified of everything. They don't care for personal responsibility, they want the government to manage and protect every aspect of their lives. We are a society of incompetent children.

You should seriously make this a petition on whitehouse.gov

ha!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Don't forget paper clips and staplers.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Don't forget paper clips and staplers.

And Bees and Sharks and swimming pools.

Oh.....and lightning, lightning also needs to be banned.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Dihydrogen Monoxide is what we really need to worry about it. Mafia hitmen used it for years to deal with undesirables.

I dont have exact figures, but id be willing to be the numbers would put it miles ahead of anything else for a death count.

"

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation."

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Oh.....and lightning, lightning also needs to be banned.

I was going to say electricity, but this works well.

We should also ban stairs. You can easily go tumbling down them with one misplaced foot. I also tend to stub my toe when I go running up the stairs to my bedroom too quickly. I suppose I could just slow down and walk up them instead; but no, it would be much easier to have the government ban them for me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Hey! Thanks for playing! Please feel free to return to your victim programming.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yes! The evil paperclip! Especially vicious when they shoot themselves from rubber bands!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Nail. Head. Nothing more to say there.... Think anyone would sign the petition? Lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

How could I possibly miss lightning? Lashing out of the sky, assaulting innocent trees, transformers, the occasional human... Yep. Should be on the ban list!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier

Hey! Thanks for playing! Please feel free to return to your victim programming.

I'll just enjoy my time here in my country where barely anyone gets murdered, massacres never happen and people don't have to worry. Thanks.

Please don't mind me, continue your joke based on a ridiculous fallacy that you're either too dim or delusional to realize.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
High Fructose Corn Syrup...

and Energy Drinks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

I would never even have thought about Dihydrogen Monoxide, but if gangsters used it, it HAS to go on the ban list!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I have the exact same problem with stairs! Do you think all the stairs have gotten together to conspire against us?! Probably the best bet to have the gov ban that for us as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'll just enjoy my time here in my country where barely anyone gets murdered, massacres never happen and people don't have to worry

Sorry, I didn't realize you lived in Neverland...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'll just enjoy my time here in my country where barely anyone gets murdered, massacres never happen and people don't have to worry

Sorry, I didn't realize you lived in Neverland...

I didn't realize you're ignorant of the rest of the world, America is right up there on the highest murder rates, most of western civilisation is down the bottom. This includes my country where the aforementioned is true.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So, enlighten us on what country you live in so I can fact check your claims

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So, enlighten us on what country you live in so I can fact check your claims

I'd rather not reveal deatails about myself, but I don't have to in order to prove you wrong.

link

The countries you're surrounded by on that list are nothing to be proud of. I'm not expecting you to know where they are, but look at the rest of the major countries. E.G Japan, the UK, Australia...

Now look up massacres and you'll see the same pattern, but a lot more obvious.

I wasn't expecting you to be that ignorant of the rest of the world. You slot right in to the pro-gun stereotype.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You said "here in my country where barely anyone gets murdered, massacres never happen and people don't have to worry."

Now you go straight to gun murders? Most countries that have banned guns see an increase in murders utilizing weapons besides firearms. And massacres still happen, just because one hasn't happened in "your country" lately. (Ask Norway, their gun restrictions didn't stop a massacre last year.)

I could go on and on, but what's the point? My mind is made up, as is yours.

As for being a pro-gun stereo type? Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join