It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Increases Coming Whether Fiscal Cliff Is Averted or Not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Source...

The White House, in its latest offer Monday to resolve the fiscal cliff, made a key concession that would be felt by every U.S. wage earner: allowing the expiration of the payroll tax cut, a provision that has lowered the workers’ share of Social Security taxes by two percentage points for the past two years. That translates into an average tax increase of about $1,000 a year for the typical American household making about $50,000 annually.

Let's get this conversation back on the table.... while everyone is arguing about gun laws which probably in all likely hood aren't going to change, the middle class takes another hit. I can't afford this right now i don't know if any of you can.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I see a big gas tax on the horizion myself. Price is down time for 20-30 cents increase in Federal tax. Then $4.50 next summer to help the oil companies. The mortage tax deduction is probably history too

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Source...

The White House, in its latest offer Monday to resolve the fiscal cliff, made a key concession that would be felt by every U.S. wage earner: allowing the expiration of the payroll tax cut, a provision that has lowered the workers’ share of Social Security taxes by two percentage points for the past two years. That translates into an average tax increase of about $1,000 a year for the typical American household making about $50,000 annually.

Let's get this conversation back on the table.... while everyone is arguing about gun laws which probably in all likely hood aren't going to change, the middle class takes another hit. I can't afford this right now i don't know if any of you can.

Merry Christmas.
Wait a minute.You who support social security insist that it is not an entitlement because you pay into it. The payroll tax set to come back is for SS, it is the employee portion that was cut. So, is it an entitlement or do you support paying into it? You have me confused now.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Ummm, i believe we should have a social security program, but what are you talking about? I'm not really against entitlements as long as you have some sort of productive output towards society.

I don't think i really post about entitlements? I just noticed to many people posting about gun laws so i decided to bring something else into the conversation before it gets forgotten about.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If you pay into it, it is an entitlement because you payed for it!!!! It amazes me Death, that you have allowed the MSM to twist your logic to even say what you just said!!!

Car insurance is an entitlement come the day you need it, is it not?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

If you pay into it, it is an entitlement because you payed for it!!!! It amazes me Death, that you have allowed the MSM to twist your logic to even say what you just said!!!

The point is that the tax that was being payed into SS is what was cut and is getting ready to come back. Now the OP is crying because he has to start paying into it again.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

A person who use to pay 6% that was cut to 4% then employers matching that contribution where there is a revenue deficit that creates the tax the millionaires and billionaires to offset the difference.

Yet as more people get on it as their taxes get cut that difference becomes ever increasing that is an entitlement.

If people paid in to SS like other retirement investment accounts then that would be a different story.

Imagine someone with an IRA being forced to pay half of that contribution then tax the middle class to make up that difference,.

Wouldn't fly would it?

The fiscial cliff is a manufactured "crisis" for straight up wealth redistrubition aka rob from the rich give to the poor but that money never goes to where it should, and they are not paying in what they get out of it.

But that is ok what government gets away with they would be screaming bloody murder if it was wall street.

No wait they do that do but since its government nothing to see here.
edit on 19-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Trust me i pay enough damn taxes especialy considering where paying for a war i don't believe in, considering my money is going to ilegall immagrants and funding the projects in the town i live in and the wages earned by members of congress and other politicians.

You really need to find out more imformation about someone before you go on the attack and then you need to articulate your attack better.

We pay enough damn taxes and ya i have every right to complain about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, i seem to be agreeing with your position on a lot of things. Although your ability to communicate is lot a better in this fashion.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The specific payroll tax in your op that you complain about is your portion of the social security payroll tax. So, is SS an entitlement, or is it yours because you pay into it. Which is your position? To me, it is a pyramid scheme. You do not pay for you, you are paying for someone else but even that was cut by 1/3.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Define what an entitlement is?

I think SS is good for our seniors as a backup plan, not to pay for every 20 year old who pretends to have something wrong with them, or every immigrant whos pretending to not make money or wherever else the money is going.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The fiscial cliff is a manufactured "crisis" for straight up wealth redistrubition aka rob from the rich give to the poor but that money never goes to where it should, and they are not paying in what they get out of it.

I agree 100%!!!! I also believe that the whole debt issue we are facing in this country is manufactured by the same people responsible for the fleecing of Social Security. Our debt is a fairy tale! It is a fraudulent debt created by the Federal Reserve Bank, and our government officials are accomplices to the crime! You cannot create money out of thin air and then enslave the citizens for the fake money. But as usual, the sheep will bow down to their enslavement, created by the banks and supported by their elected officials!

I would love to live to see the day that we rise up and refuse to pay taxes to the Federal Government!

As far as wealth distribution goes, those who believe that is to help the poorer working class are total idiots to believe that the redistribution of it will in the end help them out....

edit on 19-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Neo, i seem to be agreeing with your position on a lot of things. Although your ability to communicate is lot a better in this fashion.

Funny part there is those who created SS, and other well known social programs are the same people who set contribution limits to IRA's, and Health savings accounts.

For decades millions of middle class Americans used wall street to become wealthier now wall street is evil the only money anyone is suppose to have comes at the benevolence of government.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I never really understood why politicians thought it a good idea to take in even less revenues for a program, Social Security, that most experts agree has long term funding issues?

What a great idea, let's raise less money for a program that is already in financial problems......and people wonder why we have such massive deficit problems.

Politicians= Poly "many" + tics "blood sucking parasites" . What an appropriate name.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Do you think the taxes you pay from the pay you earn is REAL money?

Think again.

You may have been paid for serves rendered, however, that money is created out of thin air.

The company/business you work for usually works off of a revolving credit account at your bank.

Businesses don't pay and collect money all at the same time. Credit has to be used.

Would that make taxes any less REAL?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Whats real is when i get my paycheck and i cant fill my tank up, whats real is when i fall a month behind on rent because i bought someone the christmass gift they asked for, whats real is i look at my bank account and i cant get a peet's coffee this week because i have to pay for insurance, which is a real pyramid sceme. Should i go on?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The way you put it there it kind of sounds like a 1-2 punch, kind of like, we create this plan now were also going to... kind of force the middle class into a position where they have to follow it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by wdkirk

Whats real is when i get my paycheck and i cant fill my tank up, whats real is when i fall a month behind on rent because i bought someone the christmass gift they asked for, whats real is i look at my bank account and i cant get a peet's coffee this week because i have to pay for insurance, which is a real pyramid sceme. Should i go on?

By all means continue.

Lets diagram the overlapping tax structure to show the horrible misuse of American Tax Dollars.

.......and we are worried about a paultry 2% for Social Security. That's a rounding error to the Gov'ment.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Its only 2% every time it happens.

Lets diagram the overlapping tax structure to show the horrible misuse of American Tax Dollars.

I would be interested in reading that. A lot of people probably would.

edit on 19-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Source...

Merry Christmas.

I am having a hard time believing Obama, with all the cards, is going to touch SS and increase taxes on the middle class. I have gotta think he knows Congress won't pass anything like this and is trying to make it look like he is truly compromising with Republicans and making significant cuts. The middle class can't afford this. Only consolation is it's not a done deal.
edit on 20-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

join