It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUMORS OF Executive order banning AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazine already signed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have had several people tell me that they have heard that an executive order has already been signed today banning ALL AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazines.

I have asked them where they are hearing this, and it seems that the majority of them are seeing it on social media outles. Some are telling me that they have an inside source, which I generally find hard to believe, especially when it is something of this magnitude.

A couple people have even said that the NRA is throwing in the towel and helping the Obama administration re-enact the 1994 AWB in return for not signing this executive order.

No matter how you slice it, rumors are running rampant, and we need to continue to be vigilant, and also need to continue spreading any and all truth that we can and not stoop to the level of the people spreading these rumors

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
and we need to continue to be vigilant, and also need to continue spreading any and all truth

And all you are doing is spreading rumours....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Executive orders do not work that way.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The only thing I can find on this, besides more rumor from other message boards, is this article.

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban

President Obama tonight said he’s interested in seeing an assault weapons ban reintroduced, breaking his silence on the legislation, which has persisted in spite of at least five mass shootings during his term.
At the end of a long answer to the question, “What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?” Obama said this:

“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Read that stores are "voluntarily" taking them off the shelves

checked a few online stores and they are all out of stock of anything "AK" or "AR" ish

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
An Executive Order can only be used to direct the actions of the Executive Branch of government. It can't violate the constitution or any laws already outstanding on the books.
So you should just ignore this rumor and read up on the limited powers of Executive Orders.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I would rather him sign the executive order... that will be much easier to defeat in court or through state nullification.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The banning of so called assault rifles would still leave a few million of them in grandfathered hands....
The confiscation of such guns would be the spark that ignites the revolution.....
The incrimental aproach is likely...banning furture sales and leaving the owned weapons alone....
With the hope of getting those too by a later massacre....
Didnt think the goverment massacred its people??
Look at WACO....they are more than happy to kill us .

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
An Executive Order can only be used to direct the actions of the Executive Branch of government. It can't violate the constitution or any laws already outstanding on the books.
So you should just ignore this rumor and read up on the limited powers of Executive Orders.

Since when did he pay attention to the laws restricting the use of executive orders?
There is already ongoing court cases regarding the constitutionality of some of his executive orders.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

-- Thomas Jefferson

How far we have fallen...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Heck that executive order has been ready for months.

Just waiting...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why do you need AR-15 type rifles and high capacity magazines ?
I understand that you want to have firearms , but why military type rifles and 30 + round magazines ? unless you are a very very bad shot .

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui

Since when does this guy care about the law? He's already stated he's against the Constitution, and that he wants to bypass Congress on any number of issues.

When your guys control the Congress, and you control the "Justice" Dept., you can do pretty much whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

For combat against the potential uprising of a tyrannical government. Oh and also because its a right, so why not?

ETA: also as you can see from the poster above me, you may need an AR type firearm to fend of an invasion of reptilian aliens.
edit on 20-12-2012 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Back during the last weapons ban not many people owned AR-15 type rifles. Now it is a huge industry and many people own them. It would be a very big deal if they did end up banning them. It is not the 90's anymore.

My biggest ? is would people accept it now like they did back in the 90s?

top topics

join