It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This place is getting huge so what's the plan ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
reply to post by Druid42

I've been around a long time. And since you have, you should know the search function is constantly being complained about. Did you create it or something? You seem very defensive. Tell me, why is there a need to list all the pages of a thread as separate links? Sandy Hook page 1 link, Sandy Hook page 2 link, Sandy Hook page 3 link... 10 pages of searching later Sandy Hook page 115 link, Sandy Hook page 116 link etc. When you go to the Sandy Hook thread you can move through the pages far easier that way, it makes no sense to list them all in the search feature. You think you're cool being condescending, but you're not.
The last search I ran gave me 3 different page links in a 200+ page thread.

In that case it would be hideously difficult to find the other two references in 200 pages if search only linked to one of the 3 references instead of all three. So I'd complain if I didn't get the individual page references.

However, if an option was added to enable or disable multiple search results per thread, I'd have no complaints about that.

@randyvs
I'm not sure what you had in mind when you said a plan is needed. I thought the site was working well when I joined and the changes have not been particularly helpful to me, in fact they have been harmful, like the fact that I can't access all the pictures I uploaded any more, and ATS made no provision to migrate the pics in the old location to the new location. The fewer changes, the better, from my perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The last search I ran gave me 3 different page links in a 200+ page thread.

Good point haha. I just wish it had some tweaks, no big deal.
edit on 20-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ah... "the plan."

I can assure you that, in my experience, every time I have wondered about the development of our community's future, the owners, admins and such have proved my concerns to be founded on a 'lack of faith' which some of them may find "disturbing' (damn shock collar!)

Actually, there are always plans. And there are more than can be chosen from at any one time. Our hosts have mastered the navigation of this vehicle impressively... soon enough one or more may notice the question and offer up some teasers...

But we always have to bear in mind that much of what makes ATS what it is comes from you, the members and plan though we may, there are at least 250,000 of you who may, in contributing, change them on the fly.

In some ways it is best to float like a leaf on a river... following the ebb and flow of events and the observations of the community... when you most hunger for what you would appreciate as 'quality' - you are free to provide it, and set the example, and thus the bar, higher with each post.

Our ability to be on the spot with breaking news, developments, and otherwise 'unreported' material is a particularly valuable community service the members provide for each other.

Some might be surprised and impressed by the identity and nature of some who look to ATS before they produce their media.... we have made an impact and an impression in some fairly significant circles.... the community reporting on many events makes me wonder.... why does the MSM suck so badly at what they do.... then I realize it's because they don't do what they're supposed to be doing....

I keep my expectations high.... inevitably, when I wonder if that's a good idea, some member comes along and demonstrates clearly that it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All concerns aside I've generated some awesome posts and I'm proud of that. Keep up the good work ATS ! You are to be marveled at indeed.

edit on 20-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This place has become huge. No plan is required. The site will continue to function, and the people using it will continue to be enlightened. Solved!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join