This place is getting huge so what's the plan ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Mods please move to board and business. My bad.

Is ATS getting to big for it's britches ? I just hope it doesn't get so big it self destructs. I love this place as much as anyone, as I'm sure most people who've been around for awhile know. I make it no secret. I hope to get some input from all the top members , mods and administration and the owners especially.

What's the plan man ? What's the future of our beloved site ? It's getting so big it's intimidating.
edit on 19-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
what's good about ats is that is 3 days ahead of cnn at least, and possibly the rest of the msm too.

there have been countless times that you read something on here, then a couple of days later confirmed on cnn, if that's possible, in a "breaking news" piece.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what's good about ats is that is 3 days ahead of cnn at least, and possibly the rest of the msm too.

there have been countless times that you read something on here, then a couple of days later confirmed on cnn, if that's possible, in a "breaking news" piece.

Oh I absolutely agree and in fact just made reference to that fact in one of my threads . And bring that fact to light every chance I get.

Long live ATS !

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i never got how ats is the place to hear the news first, when if a story doesnt already have a link to an MSM source everyone will demand one.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I know I heard of the first Chile' earthquake in 2010 the first big one that is, I think it was like three solid hours before the MSN said a word about it. And that's documented in the annals of ATS somewhere. And with time I could find it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ride the wave buddy!

Maybe in 2000 years someone will find an ATS data base... And we will be revered as Gods by the Monkey people...

Thou shalt denyeth Ignorance.... sayeth the lords of ATS

So shall it be done....

Wait... thats a movie right?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I love ya Ak

So let it be written . So let it be done.

Thank you mods.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I love ATS also; I always get news here days before anywhere else. The great thing about ATS is that it's a bunch of professionals reporting news and tidbits from within their circles so you always get a firsthand account of the goings on. You not only get the headlines first but you also get much more detailed info than what you hear on the TV pertaining to those headlines. It's not just headlines, it's world issues, survival tactics, education, and the ever popular conspiracy theories. ATS is the place to be!

I do worry sometimes if ATS will gain so much popularity that it loses its edge. Some of the draw to it is the fact that as a member, you feel like a member in a secret group that works together to break down barriers and uncover the truth. You feel special that you have ATS and most other people don't. However, if everyone cues in to ATS then it becomes mainstream and loses its way. I'll believe in ATS until there's a tv show, movie deal, etc because that'll mean it's been engulfed by the MSM.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe we could get a new forum where the T&Cs are relaxed a bit for members that have over a certain amount of ATS points or something. Also it could be like RATS in that it doesn't show up on Google searches, but unlike RATS in that is doesn't show up on New Topics.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
edit on 19-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I remember when I first found this site as I was looking for info on 9/11 that had just happened at the time. I was hooked from then on I lurked for years then became a member when I felt I had input to share with others. It is like a family of secret truth seekers in here I LOVE it!

Long live ats and truth for all!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Great post lost.
The only other thing I can think to add to that is the first hand correspondence from ATS members. The ones who are lucky enough to be on sight of today's headlines and report from their up close perspectives in real time. That is one aspect no one can deny.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I like your thought little. Indeed I know it would be tempting but my respect for this place would cause me to still try in earnest to abide by the T&c.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by lostbook

Great post lost.
The only other thing I can think to add to that is the first hand correspondence from ATS members. The ones who are lucky enough to be on sight of today's headlines and report from their up close perspectives in real time. That is one aspect no one can deny.

The more members, the higher the chance that one will be on the site of breaking news.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

The more members, the higher the chance that one will be on the site of breaking news.

That's a relevant point indeed but what if that breaking news gets lost amoung the other threads so much that the place becomes just as bad as the MSN ? Diluted so to speak ?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Honestly, IMO, there needs to be no plan. ATS works fine.

It gets bigger, true, but only because we post quality content and make it that way.

I *whined* about the upload service, and SO got a new beta installed, that works fine. I *whined* about chat during the last ATS contest, and SO put up a new one. Now, SO is busy with TLDR, and the new natural language heuristic engine, but ATS is functioning fine. Let the man focus on his dreams.

Honestly, if something is broken on ATS, SO comes in to fix it. Nothings broke right now. ATS works smooth. It's been a long while since ANYONE posted ANYTHING in BBQ about a broken ATS feature.

Server space? They have plenty. While SO was explaining the offshoot of "unspun", he keyed us in about a world-wide network of independent servers. Geeky folk like me follow that.

ATS can grow, and grow, and grow, without needing any adjustments to the current software.

Fact.

However, I know SO ain't happy with that. The natural language heuristics engine he's working on was in Alpha during the "Unspun" release. He has a Beta with the "TLDR" plugin.

What he's working on right now is going to blow everyone's socks off. I can guarantee you that.

ATS gets to experience it first. We're the Beta Testers. (Aside: alot of us whine alot for a free service!)

But, I'm proud to know that I'll be here when it happens.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The one thing I'd like to see is a better search feature, it's awful. It should only have one link per thread, not one link per page of a thread, it's a total cluster job. Once you're at the thread it's simple to go from page to page. And there should be some way of sorting, like by date posted. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

Sorry, no offense, but use google much? Multiple links are listed for a reason. The user decides.

Again, no offense, but the inability to sort through info doesn't indicate that you'll be around long.

And then, to be offensive, some people are better off with Facebook. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I've been around a long time. And since you have, you should know the search function is constantly being complained about. Did you create it or something? You seem very defensive. Tell me, why is there a need to list all the pages of a thread as separate links? Sandy Hook page 1 link, Sandy Hook page 2 link, Sandy Hook page 3 link... 10 pages of searching later Sandy Hook page 115 link, Sandy Hook page 116 link etc. When you go to the Sandy Hook thread you can move through the pages far easier that way, it makes no sense to list them all in the search feature. You think you're cool being condescending, but you're not.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have a feeling ATS peaks now around Dec 21 2012. And then after that, I think membership dies down a little. Its inevitable. Cant sustain growth concurrently forever. So membership (active at least) will probably dies down for a while. Until the next big thing comes on the horizon.

Either way, I think ATS has been wonderful as a site and how it handles things. And whatever is in store for site updates, Im sure it will be great! (unlike facebook android updates, sheesh)

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join