It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
www.uiowa.edu...

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey. Haven't been on in a while, and I won't be able to for another while, but here's my thoughts.
I don't know about any Thor Heyerdahl trip from Egypt to SA - I read his book about the Kon-Tiki trip, from somewhere in Africa to SA or SA to Easter Island or something like that. My point is this journey took place totally in the so. hemisphere. There could be more though.(My uncle stole a knife from that boat
)

Also, did you guys know the Chinese built wooden sailing vessels that were as BIG as CRUISE SHIPS?! yup. they weren't really practical - their purpose was to intimidate enemies into defeat. but its still pretty cool

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Heyerdahl had two attempts: the first almost made it and the second, Ra II, made it to Barbados from Morocco.
Like Kon-Tiki it only showed "could have" rather than "did", of course.
The books are an interesting read and I imagine they're still in print - certainly any decent public liobrary should have them.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
wannabe's absolutely right about the large Chinese vessels: there are pretty reliable accounts of Chinese fan chuan (junks) up to 400 feet long, and the Chinese were advanced shipbuilders and appear to have had magnetic compasses pretty early on.
They also, apparently, built some huge paddle-driven ships (paddles moved by slaves: rather like Western galley-slaves)
There are many tales of their having visited Australia, America and these you accept or reject as you will; but they were certainly confident mariners.
It all stopped when China decided to isolate herself and sailing was banned.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
OK, everyone has their own theories as to the location of the lost city, but i will tell you something that i read in a british newspaper about a year ago

there is this french guy (absolutly CANNOT remember his name, and its bugging me) who is obsessed with atlantis and knows Plato's writings better than Plato.

anyway in this article he said that Plato says that atlantis was beyond the pillars of hercules (I think it was herc) which is gibralter. so the french guy says that everyone has all these theories about barbados, the Canary islands etc. but nobody has actually checked just past the pillars, and he said that there is a subaquatic mountain just past gibralter that could have once been a island

if anyone else has any ideas as to the location please tell, its an interesting subject

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
There are tales of UFOs among certain African peoples. One friend of mine from a place in Kenya told me of a personal encounter with a huge floating disk. Ill provide the detalis soon as i get more information

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
South America as Atlantis

www.geocities.com...

Comparison of the Altiplano and Plato's writings

www.geocities.com...

Text of Plato's writing

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Daystar - I think you have a valid point, I've seen a rock road leading into the ocean next to Florida.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
South America as Atlantis

www.geocities.com...

Comparison of the Altiplano and Plato's writings

www.geocities.com...

Text of Plato's writing

www.sacred-texts.com...

I tend to disagree Gazrok. Ancient civilization's and their ancient texts, etc. have been a 'love' interest for me for many years now and I had come across some info you may wish to look at verses "South America". Lots of evidence points in the direction of "Sundaland" and Southeast Asia.

Stephen Oppenheimer's
www.swordoftruth.com...
koenraadelst.bharatvani.org...

Zia Abbas's
www.geocities.com...

Arysio Nunes dos Santos
www.atlan.org...

"Science Examines Atlantis"
www.earth360.com...

Dr. Sunil Prasannan
www.grahamhancock.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
OK, everyone has their own theories as to the location of the lost city, but i will tell you something that i read in a british newspaper about a year ago

there is this french guy (absolutly CANNOT remember his name, and its bugging me) who is obsessed with atlantis and knows Plato's writings better than Plato.

anyway in this article he said that Plato says that atlantis was beyond the pillars of hercules (I think it was herc) which is gibralter. so the french guy says that everyone has all these theories about barbados, the Canary islands etc. but nobody has actually checked just past the pillars, and he said that there is a subaquatic mountain just past gibralter that could have once been a island

if anyone else has any ideas as to the location please tell, its an interesting subject

Daystar, that would be in the vicinty of 'Gulf of Cadiz.'

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join