It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF the Bushmaster WAS in the TRUNK of Lanza's car!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
reply to post by 00nunya00

A Saiga can be had any many different configurations.
A shotguns required to be registered there?

www.zombiesarecoming.com... r-the-zombiepocalypse/

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: old timer that doesn't remember how to embed images lol

Yes, they do require registration of shotguns

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok I forgot my laptop had parental controls on LOL now that I look at it again it does look like some sort of rifle NOT a shotgun. I do not think it is the AR-15 though.......I remember the police saying they were going to run the backround on every weapon......I think they had more from his mother.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Im going to go back and be so bold to say there is no way that gun is an AR. There does appear to be a hi-cap magazine in the trunk but it is already there before the weapon is cycled. What is ejected appears to be a shotgun shell, and that most definitely looks like a shotgun with a pistol grip.

AR's have charging handles that are on the back of the rifle, parallel with the barrel and stock. When you eject something out of an AR, you don't pull back a bar on the side of the chamber, you pull back a Y kinda shaped metal piece like I said, it is a completely different set of motions.

This is not a Bushmaster AR, it is a shotgun.

Negative, between 2-4 seconds on full screen, mines 12inch, you can see the officer remove the magazine, then reposition it and cycle it. And a mod for the ARs to convert them to side cocking is cheap and easy, they can also be purchased that way.

Absolutely correct. The magazine is still in the gun in the first few seconds of the video.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I stand by my statement. There is no way that is a Bushmaster AR. Did you see the size of the round that came out of the chamber? No way that is a .223 or 5.56.

Like I said it could be a SKS, or custom AK, or even Ruger 10/22 if we ignored the round that was emptied. I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong if we have something better to go off of but this video is very difficult to tell with.

The sight of that gun is STAPLE for pistol grip shotgun, and I almost think I can see additional shells that are carried on the stock but it is really hard to tell with such low quality. My point is that this is in no way proof of anything, we need better images.

So your original argument was that we couldn't make anything out from the grainy photo about the gun itself, and now you're going to claim that you can clearly make out the caliber of round from that same video? Seriously? Come on. And you still haven't explained why this would be some unregistered gun she had or he got a hold of.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

A Saiga can be had any many different configurations.
A shotguns required to be registered there?

www.zombiesarecoming.com... r-the-zombiepocalypse/

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: old timer that doesn't remember how to embed images lol

Yes, they do require registration of shotguns

Read your link, only **Assault rifles require registration, not shotguns. It say so right there.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah originally I only viewed the photo, didn't watch the video. Then I watched the video and changed my post entirely.

My previous post comments on your argument that it would have to be registered, which your own link clearly shows that is untrue. Only assualt rifles need to be registered in CT, not shotguns or any non assault rifle rifles. Look at the astericks in your link.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Yes the round is big, I thought that myself, just trying to go on the assumption that he only had weapons that were registered to his mom or even himself, if he had any. If shotguns don't need to be registered there then I'd say thats most likely what it is to.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Way too big for .223 or 5.56 that is for damn sure, there is just no way. And as I have already pointed out and will now restate, OP's own link to CT law on this page shows that shotguns do not need to be registered, so that is just barking up the wrong tree entirely.

Again, there is no way thats an AR.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It is a pistol grip shotgun. There is going to be some weapon legislation and it will pass. I just would like to say I have always had guns since I was 13, but 30, and 100 round magazines are not going to fly anymore. The back round checks are the key. With mental health and drugs being the key to weeding as many bad people as possible.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Have you read what CT considers to be "assault weapons"? It's hard to imagine this is some recent assault-configuration shotgun that she obtained in a way she didn't feel the need to or legally have to register. Most of the guns she might have are included on this very extensive list. Show me a shotgun that isn't on that list that looks like this gun?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

From his link to the connecticut site:

A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
A folding or telescoping stock;
A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
An ability to accept a detachable magazine;
or A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: add quote

Scroll down on the page and click read all under Assault Weapons, its the last 2 dots
edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

From his link to the connecticut site:

A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and
An ability to accept a detachable magazine;
or A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: add quote

Booyah. That weapon in the trunk absolutely fits the description of an "assault weapon" by CT law and therefore must be registered.
edit on 19-12-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It is a shotgun, it isn't an AR.

You seem to be having a disconnect, the fact that she had registered guns does not mean that this gun MUST be one of those registered guns. Not to mention it is very easy to buy a regular "non assault" style shotgun and add a pistol grip to it at home, without anyone ever knowing the difference.

I agree with you that to the uninitiated this could easily appear to be an AR from the grainy photo and video. You are totally ignoring the other parts of the argument concerning charging handles and the size of the round that exited the chamber.

You made a thread with the over reaching title saying PROOF it is an AR, and everything but the lack of registration of an assault shotgun points to it being a shotgun. Logically you cannot say this can't be a shotgun because she doens't have a shotgun registered to her. Ever, it just doesn't work.

You think there aren't unregistered illegal guns in peoples possession?

edit on 12/19/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Now you're just making assertions, and wanting us to trust you? Reply to my post above this last one of yours.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am no expert on guns, so i leave the model-discussion up to you guys.

but what got my spidey senses tingling: the guy that handles the gun in the video, it seems he is not wearing gloves. The plastic gloves are normally white or blue.

So we see the forensic team standing there with all their gear (white overalls and all), waiting to take evidence like fingerprints, and the guy unloading the gun is smearing his fingerprints all over the weapon?

Strange, if you ask me.

This and the news that Lanza was using the Bushmaster in the killings, but its found in his trunk...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

At least I am backing up my assertions with some first hand knowledge instead of saying this is proof of something it isn't. You are also asking us to trust you, but ask us to only trust because she doesn't have a registered shotgun.

Here is me commenting on the post you asked me to comment on.

It is a shotgun, it isn't an AR.

You seem to be having a disconnect, the fact that she had registered guns does not mean that this gun MUST be one of those registered guns. Not to mention it is very easy to buy a regular "non assault" style shotgun and add a pistol grip to it at home, without anyone ever knowing the difference.

I agree with you that to the uninitiated this could easily appear to be an AR from the grainy photo and video. You are totally ignoring the other parts of the argument concerning charging handles and the size of the round that exited the chamber.

You made a thread with the over reaching title saying PROOF it is an AR, and everything but the lack of registration of an assault shotgun points to it being a shotgun. Logically you cannot say this can't be a shotgun because she doens't have a shotgun registered to her. Ever, it just doesn't work.

You think there aren't unregistered illegal guns in peoples possession?
edit on 12/19/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
After watching a few more times, that is definitely a shotgun.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Very true, just because the paranoid lady who thinks civilization was going to collapse has registered weapons, doesn't rule out that she also had unregistered weapons, most likely bought in a nearby state.

However wouldn't they have said he had illegal weapons also?
edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

She wouldn't even need to buy anywhere else. She could buy a regular non assault shotgun and add a new stock with pistol grip at home, by herself, using screw drivers. It isn't difficult to do this. And we already know there is no way the round ejected was a .223 or 5.56, we agreed on this point.

The lack of registration is not necessary to even discuss. You are looking in the wrong direction here nunya.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And yet, still, for the thousandth time, you have not provided a pic or video of a gun configured like this that is, indeed, a shotgun or anything other than a close match to a Bushmaster.

And you are making "positive" identification of the ROUND from the video, but can't even identify what the GUN is? Please. Try a little harder.
edit on 19-12-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join