It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF the Bushmaster WAS in the TRUNK of Lanza's car!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Everyone was very quick to dismiss the gun found in Lanza's trunk as *not* the Bushmaster based on the way it was being emptied of its rounds and the general "not very dangerous looking" nature of it. Let's compare this gun to the ones Nancy Lanza had registered to her (besides the hand guns):

Source

Besides the three weapons found at the school, Adam Lanza also had access to at least three more guns, a law enforcement source said. Investigators recovered a .45-caliber Henry Repeating Rifle, a .22-caliber Marlin Rifle and a .30-caliber Enfield Rifle, though it's unclear where they were found, the source said.

Let's look at the shapes of these other guns:

The Henry:

The Marlin:

The Enfield:

[Edit: updated this pic to show the bolt-action Enfield, likely a WW2 hand-down from her Dad or whatnot]

None of them have grips coming out the bottom like the one in the following video, and none of them have a barrel stock that matches the one in this video either:

Pause it at 0:14 and you will see this distinctive shape:

1)The obvious grip with finger-shapes in it
2)The see-through/darker area on the barrel
3)The severe drop-off from the bulky portion of the barrel to the slim end of it

Now what gun do these features match? A BUSHMASTER:

Source

Many of the configurations you will see when doing a Google image search for a .223 Bushmaster will show you the solid barrel, without those distinctive slits in it. This is not the only configuration, however.

Editing to add XTexan's contribution from below, clearing up the side-cocking confusion with a shotgun, plus a note about the magazine being removed:

(B)etween 2-4 seconds on full screen, mines 12inch, you can see the officer remove the magazine, then reposition it and cycle it. And a mod for the ARs to convert them to side cocking is cheap and easy, they can also be purchased that way.

Also, the weapopn in the trunk meets the CT standard of being an "assault weapon" and therefore must be registered: source

You know who else used a Bushmaster .223? The Washington DC sniper.

Exactly.
edit on 19-12-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What does the gun in the trunk, whatever gun it may be, have to do with anything?
edit on 19-12-2012 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Because people are using this issue to push an assault weapons ban.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ya I see it. Watch it full screen, at 2 seconds in you can see the high cap magazine, between 2-4 seconds the officer removes the magazine. The pistol grip is visible several times in the video.

I don't have a enfield, but is it available in a similar configuration?

I don't believe the henry does and he's not cycling a bolt action so that rules out the marlin

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: add a question

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Im going to go back and be so bold to say there is no way that gun is an AR. There does appear to be a hi-cap magazine in the trunk but it is already there before the weapon is cycled. What is ejected appears to be a shotgun shell, and that most definitely looks like a shotgun with a pistol grip.

AR's have charging handles that are on the back of the rifle, parallel with the barrel and stock. When you eject something out of an AR, you don't pull back a bar on the side of the chamber, you pull back a Y kinda shaped metal piece like I said, it is a completely different set of motions.

This is not a Bushmaster AR.
edit on 12/19/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It was a shotgun......the video showed him pulling it back to clear the rounds......that video is no longer accessible what a surprise.....know of anywhere else to see it again?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

That's not an Enfield, that's a Garand! An Enfield is bolt action!

To open the bolt on an AR, you pull from the back, not the side.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

What does the gun in the trunk, whatever gun it may be, have to do with anything?

It was first reported that the killer used the two hand guns during the shooting spree.

The media originally reported that the Bushmaster was found in the trunk of the car.

Later, the story changed and they said that it was the Bushmaster that was used.

If they are trying ban assault rifles then they are changing the facts of the case to suit their agenda.

Which creates a conspiracy after the fact and puts suspicion on whether the whole case is a conspiracy.

link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am not sure how you can use that grainy, potato generated picture as proof of anything. As a M4 owner, it appears to me that the gun in question in that photo is a shotgun, with plastic furniture.

It obviously isn't a wood stock Marlin, Enfield, or anything else. It could be an AR, or it could be a semi automatic shotgun. I don't think you can conclusively say it is either though from this horrible photo.

Provide even a close match with ANY other gun Nancy Lanza is known to have owned, or is rumored to have used. Just one.

Watch the video, don't just look at the screen cap. Watch the most high-res version you like, it will still look like a Bushmaster, with those distinctive slits in the barrel.

Nancy Lanza didn't even have a shotgun registered to her. Not one.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Link still works for me...
Your sure thats a shotgun? Maybe a saiga? That mag looks pretty long to me

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Provide a pic of what you assert is an Enfield, then? This was the most modern-looking photo match captioned as an Enfield; the rest looked like antique pieces, so I'd love to see an Enfield looking anything like the gun in the trunk.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

I am not sure how you can use that grainy, potato generated picture as proof of anything. As a M4 owner, it appears to me that the gun in question in that photo is a shotgun, with plastic furniture.

It obviously isn't a wood stock Marlin, Enfield, or anything else. It could be an AR, or it could be a semi automatic shotgun. I don't think you can conclusively say it is either though from this horrible photo.

Provide even a close match with ANY other gun Nancy Lanza is known to have owned, or is rumored to have used. Just one.

Watch the video, don't just look at the screen cap. Watch the most high-res version you like, it will still look like a Bushmaster, with those distinctive slits in the barrel.

Nancy Lanza didn't even have a shotgun registered to her. Not one.

I edited my post here it is:

Im going to go back and be so bold to say there is no way that gun is an AR. There does appear to be a hi-cap magazine in the trunk but it is already there before the weapon is cycled. What is ejected appears to be a shotgun shell, and that most definitely looks like a shotgun with a pistol grip.

AR's have charging handles that are on the back of the rifle, parallel with the barrel and stock. When you eject something out of an AR, you don't pull back a bar on the side of the chamber, you pull back a Y kinda shaped metal piece like I said, it is a completely different set of motions.

This is not a Bushmaster AR, it is a shotgun.

Watch this video, it is how you either put a round in the chamber, or clear a chamber using an AR. www.youtube.com...

Second edit: I am 100% certain that is not an AR. It could be a SKS or custom AK, or an Ruger 10/22 with after market stock if you really wanted to stretch things, but it is most definitely not an AR. Regardless of what Mary Lanza owned.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Then perhaps you'd like to provide a picture and video for a shotgun that looks like this one and discharges like it? OH, and you need to show me a shotgun registered to Nancy Lanza or purported to have been used. She had rifles and handguns, that's it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This long gun looks like a semi auto shotgun to me, the bolt charging handle of the bushmaster is at the rear of the receiver, he reaches to the right hand side of the weapon in question, this is where the bolt knob would be on an auto loading shotgun, maybe a remington 1100 with a pistol grip type tactical stock.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Negative, between 2-4 seconds on full screen, mines 12inch, you can see the officer remove the magazine, then reposition it and cycle it. And a mod for the ARs to convert them to side cocking is cheap and easy, they can also be purchased that way.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

Negative, between 2-4 seconds on full screen, mines 12inch, you can see the officer remove the magazine, then reposition it and cycle it. And a mod for the ARs to convert them to side cocking is cheap and easy, they can also be purchased that way.

THANK YOU!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

A Saiga can be had any many different configurations.
A shotguns required to be registered there?

www.zombiesarecoming.com... r-the-zombiepocalypse/

edit on 19-12-2012 by XTexan because: old timer that doesn't remember how to embed images lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why are people hung up on what guns were registered? I have a pretty large collection of firearms but not a one of them is registered. Some were handed down a few I bought from friends and I bought two from gun shows that were private owners. You only register when you buy from a dealer otherwise it isn’t needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Benelli m4. 12 gauge.
www.google.com... Q_AUoAQ&biw=568&bih=238#i=0" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Semiautomatic. 12 gauge. Can get it with or without pistol grip. Charging handle on the bolt.
Benelli makes several s/a shotguns none of them have clips. They Are loaded like traditional shotguns.

As to the video it looks like some kind of rifle to me maybe an ak.
It is not a AR type rifle.
edit on 19-12-2012 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I stand by my statement. There is no way that is a Bushmaster AR. Did you see the size of the round that came out of the chamber? No way that is a .223 or 5.56.

Like I said it could be a SKS, or custom AK, or even Ruger 10/22 if we ignored the round that was emptied. I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong if we have something better to go off of but this video is very difficult to tell with.

The sight of that gun is STAPLE for pistol grip shotgun, and I almost think I can see additional shells that are carried on the stock but it is really hard to tell with such low quality. My point is that this is in no way proof of anything, we need better images.

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by sputniksteve

Then perhaps you'd like to provide a picture and video for a shotgun that looks like this one and discharges like it? OH, and you need to show me a shotgun registered to Nancy Lanza or purported to have been used. She had rifles and handguns, that's it.

Most shotguns discharge out of the side like that, as well as charge in the same fashion. Some shotguns discharge out the bottom as well. Google it, it's not like I am suggesting something totally unlikely.

I don't need to prove any shotgun was registered to anyone in regards to what that gun is. Most places don't require any registration of Shotguns or Rifles. I have a rifle, pistol, and shotgun, and only the pistol is registered because that is the law where I live.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join