Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Proud American Gun Owner!

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I know that I am not alone when I say that I am sick to death of being
labled an animal because I own guns.Every legal gun owner on this board
as had to pass background checks to be approved to own a gun.

I was at the pet store last friday buying food for my cats.The teller told me
about the school shooting.I didn't tell her that I had already heard about it
here first.I did tell her that I am a licensed gun owner and I have a C.C.W.
This teller and a male employee asked ,"why do you need a gun"? I told
them because I travel by myself on the interstate and I want to be able to
protect myself.They both went on to say that guns should be banned and only
the police and military should be armed.

Then,I come here and find the same stupid garbage being spewed here!
The difference is that some go even further and start labeling gun owners
as stupid animals and apes with weapons.Since I happen to be a creationist
this is a slap in the face.

I want to thank every member here who is anti-american and anti-gun ownership
the following..Thank-you for inspiring me to get off my fat,lazy behind.Action does
speak louder than words.I am going to get to the shooting range more and improve
my aim and shooting distance.
I thank God for allowing me to be born in the U.S.A.!
edit on 19-12-2012 by mamabeth because: spelling




posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Protection from the nasty people should be simple so if they point a gun at you then point a gun back at them and thus begins the eternal game of chicken and job done.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria
 


Yes,it should be simple...if I am in a position to get away from these
'nasty' people,I will.If it comes down to having to defend myself or a
loved one,I will.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good on ya MB. My change is to go ahead and start teaching my kids to shoot now instead of waiting until they turn 13 as in our original plan. I was surprised when my ex readily agreed, so at least I don't have to fight with her over this.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im with ya. Went to the local gun shop the other day, and it was packed
I hope you stocked up a little before all the recent incidents - ammo is flying off shelves everywhere.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Boosted90
 


I thought about going to the gun store today to check out the ammo.
I wanted to get an idea of what the prices are like.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Well:-

articles.cnn.com...:CRIME

news.yahoo.com...

cleosunshine.com...

Note the common denominator. A gun was the instrument of choice.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
*sniff, sniff*... Smell the fear in this thread!

IRM



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Did you read the part where I stated that I had to pass a criminal
background check?



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Did you read the part where I stated that I had to pass a criminal
background check?


So did the people in those articles i would have assumed. Stress can affect anyone and that's what they where suffering from. They used their gun.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 


These people went on a rampage after losing their jobs.I am a
stay-at-home mama and I am getting my hubby ready for retirement!
edit on 19-12-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I grew up in Nebraska - everybody on the farms and ranches had guns - no one ever said they were a "proud american gun owner" That would have been like saying they were a "proud american shovel owner" " the ever favorite "proud american screwdriver owner" So how is it that one conflates pride with the ownership of a gun -- that is the scary part. Then you add nationalism to it and -- oh well.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Yes My Friend, They asked you:


This teller and a male employee asked ,"why do you need a gun"?


I heard the same statement out of the mouth of a security guard at the Christown mall here at 17 ave. and Bethany Home road today.
My reply, " What you going to do for me"?
I've carried openly and cancelled sense becoming a Naturalized American Citizen, thanks to my husband, he took us out every chance we had and shot all our weapons and taught us how to clean and maintain our weapons.
I have to admit, after I over came my fright of the guns and rifles, I Loved Every Minute of it.
Our daughter took to the weapons like a natural born marksman.

Being born and raised in China, this was a new experiences for us.
In China, Who has weapons?
The Military, Government Police, Local Police, Criminals and Corrupt Local and Government Politicians.
The best advice I can give a bad guy, don't come to our home when we two ladies are here alone, looking for an easy target.


edit on 19-12-2012 by guohua because: Spell Check



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Well:-

articles.cnn.com...:CRIME

news.yahoo.com...

cleosunshine.com...

Note the common denominator. A gun was the instrument of choice.




Note the common denominator. A Human Pulled Trigger.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550
 


I will assume you have not been reading any of the threads
where gun owners are compared to animals.There are a lot
of threads calling americans out for wanting their guns and
gun rights.
I happen to own a farm and cows and chickens and goats...
with mountain lions and bears! I don't know if there are wolves
around the property.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by mamabeth
 


Yes My Friend, They asked you:


This teller and a male employee asked ,"why do you need a gun"?


I heard the same statement out of the mouth of a security guard at the Christown mall here at 17 ave. and Bethany Home road today.
My reply, " What you going to do for me"?
I've carried openly and cancelled sense becoming a Naturalized American Citizen, thanks to my husband, he took us out every chance we had and shot all our weapons and taught us how to clean and maintain our weapons.
I have to admit, after I over came my fright of the guns and rifles, I Loved Every Minute of it.
Our daughter took to the weapons like a natural born marksman.

Being born and raised in China, this was a new experiences for us.
In China, Who has weapons?
The Military, Government Police, Local Police, Criminals and Corrupt Local and Government Politicians.
The best advice I can give a bad guy, don't come to our home when we two ladies are here alone, looking for an easy target.


edit on 19-12-2012 by guohua because: Spell Check



Didn't the American Wild West end in the 1800's?

Obviously not.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by spyder550
 


I will assume you have not been reading any of the threads
where gun owners are compared to animals.There are a lot
of threads calling americans out for wanting their guns and
gun rights.
I happen to own a farm and cows and chickens and goats...
with mountain lions and bears! I don't know if there are wolves
around the property.


Try giving up your guns. It may not be as painful as you think. I can become an addiction you know.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Did you read the part where I stated that I had to pass a criminal
background check?


So did the people in those articles i would have assumed. Stress can affect anyone and that's what they where suffering from. They used their gun.


If they didn't have a gun, I'm sure they had a knife, gas & matches, hammer or how about a chain saw!

The point being, if some one wants to kill, they'll use what ever is available.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by alldaylong
 


Did you read the part where I stated that I had to pass a criminal
background check?


So did the people in those articles i would have assumed. Stress can affect anyone and that's what they where suffering from. They used their gun.


If they didn't have a gun, I'm sure they had a knife, gas & matches, hammer or how about a chain saw!

The point being, if some one wants to kill, they'll use what ever is available.


Same can be said for here in the UK. However we don't have guns around the home. Do we feel less safe?

Err No



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong
 


That is one addiction that could one day save my life.
I will never give up my guns or my rights,get over it!






top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join