It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas Biggest Problem Isn't Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh and before you hit the flag and star button , you might want to actually read what I have to say because it aint what ya think.

Americas problem isn't our ownership of guns. It's not the absence of prayer at the school houses.It's not even the fact that our churches have become campaign political rallies rather than places of worship. It's not the gays getting married. It's not the immigrants stealing our jobs. It's not the Blacks playing music too loud. It's not college educated women demanding to be treated as equal. It's not Democrats. It's not Republicans. It's not the Media. These things are just the tools and symptoms of a greater problem within the culture of this nation.

The problem with America is the undeniable fact that the people of this nation , ALL OF US , in one degree or another, have been gripped by a strong spirit of PARANOIA. This is what is driving our actions to everything else. Pure, unadulterated paranoia about everything. Our unsubstantiated concerns and fears have been stoked for so long and so hard by each other to the point where we are now a full blown paranoid people. Everyone hates us. The world is literally out to get us.Secret groups are conspiring against us. Our food and waters have been poisoned. Our entertainment is nothing more than brainwashing.

Every abandoned building and railroad track is a secret facility just waiting to transport us to concentration camps so we can be further programmed by secret powerful rich people to be slaves. We tell ourselves that every president in US History has warned and foretold us about ........every future president in US history without realizing the absurdity and stupidity in such a notion. Everyone and everything is coming to get us and take our freedoms away. Why ? We don't know why. We just know that's what's really going on and everything we do; how we vote, who we choose to associate with, where we worship, what foods we buy , the stockpiling of weaponry under the guise of a mistaken interpretation of our constitution , is all being done to address that paranoia.

America, we need to get a grip. And not on a glock 19, 23 or 17. But rather, a grip on reality. The mistrust we have of one another because of our paranoia , is what's destroying us. We are the enemy we are running from. We are the ones who we are preparing to fight against. The boogy men, the hidden hands , the secret cabal , the evil that we are trying to protect ourselves from is right there in our bathroom mirror. I don't know if it's too late for us. I don't know if we can change. We may be too far gone in our collective delusion. But I know for myself. I am going to do everything I can to break myself free and to be delivered from this destructive thing. I will not be stoking the flames of paranoia anymore. I am taking a stand today to be consciously aware and careful not to do it.

EOR

edit on 19-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have two things to say about that.
1) It isn't paranoia if they are really out to get you.
2) Even Paranoiacs have enemies.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So the summery to what you are saying is..........
America's problems aren't the guns......the problem are the people.(which I agree with)

I also think that in a population of 300 000 000...its easy to take one incident and paint everyone with the same brush.
The problem is (as we have seen on ats all week) people believe it without questioning anything.

1 incident=every American must suffer for it.
Even 5 incidents....why is it everyone has to pay for a few morons?

edit on 19-12-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And don't you think a lot of the paranoia is coming from the fact that millions are on some type of prescription drug that has worse side affects than whatever it is suppose to help with?
(depression, ADHD, ect)
edit on 19-12-2012 by chiefsmom because: exp.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Paranoia and Apathy.

The two fatal diseases a nation can get. The result of poor education and consumer culture.

You said it quite well.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The only problem is that some of that paranoia is founded in reality. If you open your eyes a bit and look a around then you see that they have been stripping your freedoms away already and are continuing to do so at an incrasing rate.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The more we interact with computers, the more we become like computers. The more we become like computers, the easier we all are to be programmed to react the same way.

I see it happening all the time. We are becoming more like the machines we've created, and our machines are becoming more like us.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I congratulate you on your post. At last an American who seems to have a degree of reality. The only thing you have missed from your list is that some Americans are so far up their own arses that they can't see the wood for the trees.

As a none American myself, i can say to you that people in the US need to start looking "Outside The Box" and realise there is a big wide world out there and it does not revolve around the US. You need to expand your minds more and maybe some of this paranoia will start to evaporate.You have become a closited nation.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Speak for yourself dude, I just don't give a crap one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Speak for yourself dude, I just don't give a crap one way or the other.

And for the last time

I AM A GIRL !!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Don't take offense I call girls dude too. That doesn't change my opinion of not giving a damn though.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2012 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join