Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What is the second type of galactic alignment?

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I know as always we will have the normal alignment or "the winter solstice", but I've heard about a second type. The one thats supposed to cause all the problems with gravity pulling on the earth and bla bla bla. I think it has to do with the earth not only pointing toward the center of the galaxy, but being in the galactic equator? Can you guys straighten this out or explain it for me. Why is it bad? What is it exactly?




posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The one I think your refering too is the one where our solar system lines up directly with the center of the Galaxy. Which, as of right now, is happening.. No extreme effects were predicted that I'm aware of though. At least not REAL ones. I'm sure there's a doomsdayer or too that would say otherwise.. But I'll wait till tomorrow to bash them... Heh



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
The one I think your refering too is the one where our solar system lines up directly with the center of the Galaxy. Which, as of right now, is happening.. No extreme effects were predicted that I'm aware of though. At least not REAL ones. I'm sure there's a doomsdayer or too that would say otherwise.. But I'll wait till tomorrow to bash them... Heh


This is the most intellectual reply I have seen that correctly answers this.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SheScreamsMyName
 


We'll find out in 27 million years time when the solar system next crosses the galactic equator. Until then, I'd not lose sleep over it.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheScreamsMyName
 


Lol, Star for you!



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by SheScreamsMyName
 


We'll find out in 27 million years time when the solar system next crosses the galactic equator. Until then, I'd not lose sleep over it.

I'm sorry, but you just confused the crap out of me. Can you provide a link of some kind?



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some say we cross the Galactic plane every 13,000 years, 26,000 years , 27 Million years and so on. It seems as though not many people know much about it at all. Our Solar System passes above and below the Milky Way centre apparently and when we pass through the Dark rift (the galactic centre), its believed we experience different energies or something. I really don't know but I'm sure someone else will have a better explanation.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So in two days the pyramids start working again. They were built before the polarity change. Guess we'll find out what they do after that.
Well, I had to come up with something original



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think that some reading always help understand things that are new to yourself.

Here is a very well done summary of how earth is moving through space at all times, from the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.

As for a "proper" alignment, well, there is no such alignment any time soon.

The odds of all nine planets lining up in a row are one in 8.6 billion trillion trillion trillion--8.6 followed by 45 zeros. This number is larger than the estimated age (in years) of the universe.
(Source)



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be neat if the shell of the solar system locked temporarily to the galactic plane and it spun as we went through it. The earth is locked to something outside of the solar system so it wouldn't tilt more so we would not be effected except our eliptical orbit would be altered changing our seasons.
Just a wild thought



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The galaxy is a vast swarm of stars orbiting around their mutual center of gravity. There is no "galactic center," just a very dense swarm near the barycenter, which seems to have a black hole, All of the stars orbit this mutual center of gravity with a different inclination, so there is no "galactic equator" in that sense. Thus, there are not two, but zero types of "galactic alignments."
edit on 20-12-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
the 'apparent' visual alignment is in no-way-shape-or form an actual physical presence on the exact Galactic Plane in the time period when the Earth & Solar System has traveled through the whole 360º Zodiac and passes directly the middle of the 'Dark Rift'


we are 1/3rd of the way out from the central-sun on one of the 5 spiral arms of the galaxy... which themselves
have an equatorial plane or galactic plane


who is man that we should be considering him.... humanity in it's hubris is thinking the teased out 'alignment' is significant in some cosmic sense... no wonder we are quaranteened by everything out there but the angelic host who invaded earth in the dim past



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Wouldn't it be neat if the shell of the solar system locked temporarily to the galactic plane and it spun as we went through it. The earth is locked to something outside of the solar system so it wouldn't tilt more so we would not be effected except our eliptical orbit would be altered changing our seasons.
Just a wild thought

What on earth are you talking about? How can the solar system get locked to anything, and what do you mean by "the earth is locked to something outside of the solar system" ?





new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join