It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I'm quite certain Phage knows what he's talking about but we really have no idea who he is.
I keep thinking he looks like the miserable Sod in his avatar. I know that's not him, but it throws me off and I imagine I'm not the only one.

It's a conspiracy forum I am plenty used to members being anonymous. It doesn't concern me if he or anyone uses avatars. You're using an avatar and not a photo of yourself. Perhaps you're a top ranking official of the Illuminati.

It's super easy to come along and act like an expert to those who really have no idea what stars do what . Or any other subject on here.

Of course. This applies to any subject matter. It's a regular phenomenon in society. People pretend to know more than they really do. Equally true is that there actually exists people who have a great deal of knowledge in any given subject matter.

I myself have posted stuff that was really just an opinion and saw it was taken as factual, when I wasn't an expert at all, until somebody came along and corrected what I said.

Exactly. You were corrected. That's my point. Someone came along that had the facts.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Enjoying this thread. Thought this was worth tossing into the mix.
The Sun's Astral Companion

Historic and mythological descriptions of Sirius provides further insight into the nature of the relationship between the Sun and Sirius. A shaft leading from the Queens chamber of the Great Pyramid of Egypt was -- and still is -- aligned precisely with Sirius. Given the high probability that it was constructed that way, and considering that the pyramids form a star map in and of themselves, it shows how many epochs Sirius has been in a stationary position relative to the movement of the other stars.

This leads me to believe that ancient civilizations had a better sense of where they were in the galaxy than most of us today. Even today we use one half of our brain while dismissing the other.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Man, you can debunk the OP's theory from the moment he confirms that Alcyone is only 50 million years old or such, which obviously means that it was not around when our solar system was formed and therefore simply put our Sun cannot orbit around it since it has already 'stuck' itself onto an orbit (centre of the galaxy). Furthermore, it is too far away and not heavy enough to have a significant effect on our Sun and change it's orbit. Sorry OP, this isn't denial or blind trust in Science, it's simply logic.

Phage explained it quite well, though he was slightly rude in the process I agree.
edit on 21-12-2012 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Please keep this conversation on topic and off each other. The topic is "The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012" not opinions about each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Can someone find another source for this as well?

We choose the Sun as our reference point, and this is obviously highly inaccurate. Every 4 years a day has to be added to keep accurate time. But even Sirius was not accurate enough for the "Keeper's of Time", the Mayans. With their remarkably advanced astronomy they quickly detected the inaccuracies in using Sirius as a marker for the passage of time, and switched to an even more accurate cycle involving the Pleiades. There is however an even more stable reference point than the Pleiades and that is the Galactic center, which from the perspective of our galaxy is the ultimate center of rotation.

Mayan

As the Sun sets in the early afternoon, the shadow of the pyramid's northwest edge will project a moving pattern of light that joins and illuminates the sculpted serpent head at the base of the stairway. Within a thirty-four minute period, the serpent, formed by this play of light and shadow will appear to descend to the Earth, as the Sun leaves each stair, going from the top to the bottom. This combined effect creates the visual appearance of the body of the serpent descending the pyramid. In addition, on December 21, 2012, the tail of the serpent projected up from the top of the pyramid will be pointing precisely to the star cluster Pleiades.

I think a little more than 'nothing' is going to happen. This seems like a special time. I wonder what the Pleiadians are blogging about on their forums tonight?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

You mean increase in the amplitude of low frequency geomagnetic fluctuations. Yes. And not unusual.
www.haarp.alaska.edu...
"Increase in frequency" means a change in frequency. The chart does not show that. It shows a lot of broadband noise centered around 2 Hz.
edit on 12/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join