It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Our existence could be blinked out of...well..existence tomorrow by a rogue meteor that NASA has failed to mention.
True. However the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will not align.
Except mystically.
Maybe.

edit on 12/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Mysticism or not, tomorrow is a big day. People will probably be going nuts. So Phage, everyone, be careful.
edit on 20-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm always careful.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Bigoted? How so?
All I've been doing is saying the OP is wrong about the claimed alignment.

Phage open up your consciousness and try to understand that me and you both have a very little understand of the cosmos, the guy in the video i posted has a lot of knowledge. Cant blame him for his work.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

the guy in the video i posted has a lot of knowledge

Maybe. But not about astronomy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

Bigoted? How so?
All I've been doing is saying the OP is wrong about the claimed alignment.

Phage open up your consciousness and try to understand that me and you both have a very little understand of the cosmos, the guy in the video i posted has a lot of knowledge. Cant blame him for his work.

lol.... Phage is probably the most astute member of ATS where knowledge of astronomy, astro-physics and space exploration is concerned.

However... I do know of an alignment with the Earth, Sun and the center of the galaxy that will occur on the Winter Solstice.... happens every year.

Some people's minds are so open that their brains fall out....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

The sun does not revolve around Alcyone, its revolves around the center of the galaxy.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

Its actually spiraling away from the center of the galaxy
edit on 20-12-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

the guy in the video i posted has a lot of knowledge

Maybe. But not about astronomy.

Oh really, trust me he has a lot of knowledge of astronomy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Trust me. He doesn't.
Not if he thinks the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will align tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Trust me. He doesn't.
Not if he thinks the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will align tomorrow.

You cant just assume he has no knowledge in astronomy, he is not some sort of doomsday preacher or some dude who is claiming the world will end, he has mastered his knowledge, Watch his videos, he is a very knowledgeable yogi.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You cant just assume he has no knowledge in astronomy
I didn't say he has no knowledge. I said that he can't have a lot of knowledge if he thinks the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will align tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You cant just assume he has no knowledge in astronomy
I didn't say he has no knowledge. I said that he can't have a lot of knowledge if he thinks the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will align tomorrow.

you could be right or he can be right, who knows, but I respect the yogi and his teachings. time will tell if he was correct or wrong, another thing he does not claim any natural disaster too strike tomorrow, he said gradually Earth will feel the changes coming as the light or energy from this alignment will travel to Earth. Its not a one day process, tomorrow will be the start of the process, that doesn't mean everything will happen tomorrow, it will take time. He is actually claiming for Earth vibration to change , become higher , human beings opening up their consciousness, and the rising of the sixth civilization.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's really nice but the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will not align tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That's really nice but the Earth, Alcyone, the Sun, Sirius and the center of the Galaxy will not align tomorrow.

Cant rule out that option, maybe we will learn it does someday. Only time will tell

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Cant rule out that option, maybe we will learn it does someday. Only time will tell

Yes, time will tell.

go out tonight and look up and the night sky. Both Sirius and M45, where Alcyone is, are clearly visible. You can do this tomorrow night too.

And unless Sirius suddenly jumps from where it is sitting to in front of Alcyone, or Alcyone jumps in front of Sirius, the answer is: no, no alignment at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Yes, time will tell.

go out tonight and look up and the night sky. Both Sirius and M45, where Alcyone is, are clearly visible. You can do this tomorrow night too.

And unless Sirius suddenly jumps from where it is sitting to in front of Alcyone, or Alcyone jumps in front of Sirius, the answer is: no, no alignment at all.

yeah also the fact is that light that reaches us from Alcyone and Sirius from years ago, Alcyone is 300 some light years away, and Sirius is about 8.2 something LY AWAY, so by looking at the sky, cant confirm what you are saying. What your seeing is Alcyone is 300 some years ago. The light just reached us.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
AHAM BRAHMASMI

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No, it is not happening now. The stars are not moving fast enough (or in the right direction) from where they were 8 (or 300 years ago) to make themselves align. And the center of the galaxy certainly isn't going to join the party.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No, it is not happening now. The stars are not moving fast enough (or in the right direction) from where they were 8 (or 300 years ago) to make themselves align. And the center of the galaxy certainly isn't going to join the party.

If the center of the galaxy wants to go to a party, we sure aren't going to stop it.
I wonder if I'm invited

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Yes, time will tell.

yeah also the fact is that light that reaches us from Alcyone and Sirius from years ago, Alcyone is 300 some light years away, and Sirius is about 8.2 something LY AWAY, so by looking at the sky, cant confirm what you are saying. What your seeing is Alcyone is 300 some years ago. The light just reached us.

Okay, seriously now, stop and just think,for just a momemnt. Stop and think about this using math. It's really a no brainer:

Use trigonometry: measure how far Sirius would have to travel to get from where it's at in the sky, to then sit in front of Alcyone.
You know how far away it is: 8.6 light years. Keep it the same distance, but measure the angle if it were to move.
It would have to move 25 degrees to get there.

Using trig, (and this is keeping it basic), Sine of 25 deg is about 0.42, and we multiply the sin to the side of the triangle we know, which comes to 3.6.

That means that as long as Sirius distance remains constant from us, in order for it to move from where it is, to in Front of Alcyone, it would have to travel 3.6 light years.

It take our own sun 1.500 years to go a single light year. In other words: 8.6 years is no where NEAR enough time.

So let's try Alcyone now, say it moves, again, keeping it's distance constant, which is 370 light years.

Same angle (just going the other way), and the answer is 155 light years (that's because it's much further away and the angle of degrees will equate to a much larger amount the further out you go).

Less than a day to go, and you're suggesting that one star is going to leap 3.6 light years, or the other is going to leap 155 light years........

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join