The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth
I truly hope that humanity awakens as it were. We cannot keep on our current warpath or we will wipe ourselves out.

We are awake, we are all just too narrow-minded to truly be open.
We hinder ourselves, the universe holds no real hindrance to our minds. What your talking about is a dream world and fantasy.

The more you fail to face reality, the more closed off you are.
edit on 20-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Except it clearly is talking about astronomical events with specific "scientism dogma". Whether you like it or not this thread is about science. Many others were posting in regards to science, and Phage and other 'skeptics' were responding in that same fashion. If the OP meant it as mysticism that person was not clear at all.

The vid in the OP is of a mystic. Do you suppose that mystics get their insights from science? Or from the religious dogma of their culture? Nope, they get them from personal mystical experiences. I have yet to talk to a "skeptic", either here at ATS or elsewhere, who is qualified to discuss mysticism. Knowing a bit of mainstream science doesn't qualify, knowing what your friendly neighborhood scientist thinks of mysticism doesn't qualify, and knowing how comic books and tabloids portray mysticism doesn't qualify.

It's off topic. I don't see how it relates. Maybe if you can relate it to the OP I will be more willing.

I just told you. The vid in the OP.

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

this is what the orbits are like, we are part of a binary star system, and the orbit is similar to the picture

Then please name the star that we are in a binary orbit.

Please also show how it's mass is just right, and that we are not exceeding the escape velocity for said mass (neither of which is "theory" but actual physical fact).

Please do not say Sirius or Alcyone as several people on here have already proven with math that it is physically impossible several times now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian

Originally posted by th3onetruth
I truly hope that humanity awakens as it were. We cannot keep on our current warpath or we will wipe ourselves out.

What your talking about is a dream world and fantasy
edit on 20-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

All I said is that we need to wake up, as it were. Meaning we, as a species need to realize what the hell we are doing and realize there are bigger and greater things out there than money, sex, blood and greed. I came to terms with our reality, we are a destructive, soulless, calloused creature. But even the damned can be sparred by the light.

None of us seem to care anymore, we all are perfectly content watching American Idol, or idolizing Paris Hilton. We gorge on the very same food that causes heart attacks and obesity. We willingly smoke something that is pumped with poisons and additives or we purposely drink ourselves into an addiction, beating our families and loved ones. Then we go on shooting rampages.

We glamorize war and death, its everywhere. Saw had, what 10 spin offs? We gladly go to war with anyone and everyone who looks crossed ways at us. We pollute our drinking water and the air we breath. We are a cancerous growth that is spreading. No I don't live in a fantasy world, I see the truth in humanity.

But..we can be helped.
edit on 20-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Claims were made about astronomical alignments. Things measured through science.

The guy in that vid doesn't change the fact people in this thread have been discussing celestial orbits, etc....

I think you're trying to make this about mysticism so you can come out on top. I am not playing your game.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Claims were made about astronomical alignments. Things measured through science.

The guy in that vid doesn't change the fact people in this thread have been discussing celestial orbits, etc....

I think you're trying to make this about mysticism so you can come out on top. I am not playing your game.

OK. I'm not playing your game either then. You know, then one where you try to make it all about science so YOU can come out on top.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oh, I see now.

It's a mystical alignment, not an actual alignment. And the Sun doesn't really orbit Alcyone, it's just mystical. And Alcyone doesn't really orbit Sirius, it's just mystical.

If the OP had said that in the first place it would have saved a lot of bother.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Fine. It's about mysticism and not science.

When members were discussing orbital paths and alignments of stars they were actually discussing mysticism.

You have vanquished me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

OK. I'm not playing your game either then. You know, then one where you try to make it all about science so YOU can come out on top.

The moment the OP's video started talking about stars and their orbits, it became science. Not mysticism.

Unless, as Phage just put it, this is an alignment that is only occurring in peoples minds, or some unseen energy that only people who study mysticism can see and understand.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I know that you know, you don't know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by storm2012

Now on Dec 21, 2012, the world is not ending. Nor there will be any pole shifts, or any destruction. There maybe natural disaster , but if there is any , it will be nothing catastrophic.

Says who, you? Science says it? I mean I read your whole post... it doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions.

Keyword? Opinion. It is not my opinion that the alignment will not occur. It is fact.

It is nonsense.
The point was irrelevant.

You seem to think your way of thinking is superior to others.
No. But I do have a bit of knowledge of astronomy, something the OP seems to lack.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, it'll be okay, people will disagree with your viewpoints. It is life. I don't personally know if they will align. Way beyond me at this moment. But I am open to new ideas, no matter how "out there" they are. When the Wright Brothers first thought of the Bi-plane, do you not think they were ridiculed?

And it is your opinion and the opinion of the "scientists". We use "scientists" to much to debunk everything, they make mistakes too and some are paid off to swing one way on a argument. Until tomorrow comes to pass and there is visual proof of either. You aren't right or wrong. Neither is the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You aren't right or wrong. Neither is the OP.

So there is no such thing as objectivity?

If I said the Sun was actually the size of our moon. I am not right or wrong. Or am I right and wrong?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Phage, it'll be okay, people will disagree with your viewpoints. It is life.

I enjoy disagreement. It's good for the cognitive process.

When the Wright Brothers first thought of the Bi-plane, do you not think they were ridiculed?
They didn't "first think of the bi-plane". They followed a careful line of research and development as a few others were doing at the time. They used science!

You aren't right or wrong. Neither is the OP.
Wanna bet?
edit on 12/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol phage don't get me wrong, I love to debate. But for you to say that you know 100% of anything is asinine and arrogant. Our existence could be blinked out of...well..existence tomorrow by a rogue meteor that NASA has failed to mention.

All I am saying is be more open minded to things ma'am? sir?

And I am a science person also, but I don't let absolutes and certainties build mental walls. That's religion's thing.
edit on 20-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join