It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Really gonna miss you when you leave on Friday.

Really?

Ah, so that's what it's really all about. Hoping that a 2012 false dilemma will chase off as many "woo-woos" as possible with one fell swoop on Friday. Til then, you just make them feel as unwelcome as you can, apparently. Pseudo-skeptic activists want to take over ATS. Predictable.

Originally posted by Human_Alien

You come on ATS as a bit of an expert in many areas
so instead of being offensive, can't you be a little bit more embracing?

No, he can't. He isn't interested in embracing "woo-woos". He is interested in 'really' missing them when they leave on Friday.

I'm not impressed with this Phage guy. He's a tape-recorder, he's just playing back scientism dogma along with a toxic dose of snark on the side.

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
An alignment in astronomy is normally referred to as Syzygy:

In astronomy, a syzygy (from the Ancient Greek syzygos (σύζυγος) meaning, “yoked together”.[1]) is a straight line configuration of three celestial bodies in a gravitational system.

So it's important to note 2 things:

1) It's a straight line. and 2) With three bodies.

The reason this is important is due to the fact that you can draw a straight line between any two points at any given time.
So the Earth and the moon are constantly in Alignment because you can always draw a straight line between the two. Same for the Earth and the sun, the Earth and Mars, Mars and Pluto.....again, you can always draw a straight line between any two points.

But if we use a third point, then your line might not be straight, or the alignment may not happen all the time (or ever) depending on the three objects you pick.
For example, the sun, Earth and moon do align, twice a month, but only twice a month: Full Moon and New Moon are when that happens. When they do, you can draw a straight line between the 3 objects.

When the moon is say at Half Moon, you can not draw a straight line between the Earth, sun and moon. Instead you'll have more of a right angle.

Now at any given time, if we only use 2 objects, yes, you can draw a straight line between the sun and Alcyone, or the Sun and Sirius, or the Earth and Alcyone, or Earth and Sirius or even Alcyone and Sirius.

But that is not what an "alignment" is. It needs to be a straight line between three objects

Now take a look at this picture here of the sky:

You can see Sirius on the left, and my green circle is where Alcyone is located in the M45 cluster known as the Pleiades.
As you can see, sure, you could draw a straight line between the two. But if we include earth, there is a problem. The line would no longer be straight. Same goes for our sun, let alone the sun, Earth and these two.

The only way there can be an "alignment" of these two stars, AND either the Earth or Sun, is if Sirius suddenly jumps over to the right, in front of Alcyone, or the other way around, Alcyone jumps all the way over Sirius and get's behind it.

And unless stars are suddenly capable of FTL travel, that's not going to happen any time soon. In fact, the motions of both stars are such that they will never line up.

So: no straight line that includes us (or the sun) with these 2 stars, because an alignment takes three objects and in a straight line

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interestingly though, Masonic fraternity and a few other societies have a reverence for the Pleiades.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

reply to post by storm2012

The alignment that i am writing about didn't come from my mind, but from people who actually study the ancient cultures for years and i call them the true knowledge of astronomy.

The alignment you speak of will not happen on December 21, 2012. Except for the Sirius, Alcyone, Sun part. That happens every day.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

im just having a little fun with time dilation concepts these days... im just saying.. i mean i have no idea what the distances etc are of the bodies being mentioned or their positions.. really i dont study all of that... but im just saying..

based on the time for light to travel to earth,, could it be possible that an alignment can occur but due to the delay in light we would see it bent, or unaligned when in fact if u could be omnipotent it would be perfectly aligned.. considering im certain we're dealing with billions of light years in some instances.. someone can have fun working that out for me just out of curiosity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This seems more legit than what other people are saying about this topic.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I'm not impressed with this Phage guy. He's a tape-recorder, he's just playing back scientism dogma along with a toxic dose of snark on the side.

I don't get this.

When you or anyone makes a claim about how the stars are aligning with other celestial bodies you are inviting other people with the knowledge to refute it if it's inaccurate. If they are wrong, refute back with your knowledge. I think you, and many others here, are just easily annoyed when you're not getting last word in as victor.

Just relish in what you're good at and be humbled when others are good at what they do. Or get inspired and get a degree with physics or something. Then you can come back here and spread your scientism dogma and garner an anti-BlueMule following as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

When you or anyone makes a claim about how the stars are aligning with other celestial bodies you are inviting other people with the knowledge to refute it if it's inaccurate. If they are wrong, refute back with your knowledge.

Is this what you think is going on with the whole "skeptics" vs "woo-woos" culture war?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

The alignment that i am writing about didn't come from my mind, but from people who actually study the ancient cultures for years and i call them the true knowledge of astronomy.

The alignment you speak of will not happen on December 21, 2012. Except for the Sirius, Alcyone, Sun part. That happens every day.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

im just having a little fun with time dilation concepts these days... im just saying.. i mean i have no idea what the distances etc are of the bodies being mentioned or their positions.. really i dont study all of that... but im just saying..

based on the time for light to travel to earth,, could it be possible that an alignment can occur but due to the delay in light we would see it bent, or unaligned when in fact if u could be omnipotent it would be perfectly aligned.. considering im certain we're dealing with billions of light years in some instances.. someone can have fun working that out for me just out of curiosity

You my friend are on the right thinking pattern, that exactly what is happening, we don't see the alignment from earth, bec this light that reach us on Earth takes few years to years to reach us and we think there is no alignment, but people who have mastered astronomy due to ancient writing, scriptures, and also meditation have known the orbits of this planets.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelbylcollins
This seems more legit than what other people are saying about this topic.

agree, all other doomsday stuff is garbage and trash, this is more likely the accurate info out there, and it does not tell of the world ending, just evolving its own self, just like how humans grow, Earth has the potential to grow too, its a living organism too.
edit on 20-12-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I've been a member 8 years longer than you, I have a decent feel for its culture. I don't want to drag this out. All I was saying is if you talk science you better know your science. If you talk science, but you don't know your science, expect others to inform you

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I've been a member 8 years longer than you, I have a decent feel for its culture.

I'm not talking about ATS. ATS is nothing. There is a larger culture war going on out there.

I don't want to drag this out. All I was saying is if you talk science you better know your science. If you talk science, but you don't know your science, expect others to inform you

Your mistake is assuming that this is all about science. Nope it's about mysticism. So, let's see some evidence that you know your mysticism. How many years have you been studying comparative mysticism and the other comparative fields? I mean, these are scholarly disciplines. I've seen no evidence that you, Phage, or any other so-called "skeptic" has any knowledge of mysticism that pop-culture and activism and scientism dogma didn't put in your heads.

edit on 20-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I've been a member 8 years longer than you, I have a decent feel for its culture. I don't want to drag this out. All I was saying is if you talk science you better know your science. If you talk science, but you don't know your science, expect others to inform you

One thing science is created from many studies, there are first theories that are put to work , and if those theory work than you can claim science real. Everything started from scratch, if you look at the news lately, they claim to find a earth like planet right outside our solar system, that just shows us that we don't even know probably 99% of the universe it self, more stuff will be revealed as soon as we get more technology and understand the cosmos.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

this is what the orbits are like, we are part of a binary star system, and the orbit is similar to the picture

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What will happen is our Earth, Sun, Alcyone, and Sirius will align on this date.

That doesn't make much sense. You can draw a line between Sirius and Alcyone and the Sun does cross it but that happens every day.

But there is no way Earth can "align" with the Sun, Alcyone, and Sirius because neither Alcyone or Sirius lie on the ecliptic.

please, phage...you're letting facts get in the way of the "spiritual truth". you must "open your mind" till your brain spills out. only then will you "experience the light"

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm not talking about ATS. ATS is nothing. There is a larger culture war going on out there.

I see. My mistake.

Your mistake is assuming that this is all about science. Nope it's about mysticism.

Except it clearly is talking about astronomical events with specific "scientism dogma". Whether you like it or not this thread is about science. Many others were posting in regards to science, and Phage and other 'skeptics' were responding in that same fashion. If the OP meant it as mysticism that person was not clear at all.

So, let's see some evidence that you know your mysticism. How many years have you been studying comparative mysticism and the other comparative fields?

It's off topic. I don't see how it relates. Maybe if you can relate it to the OP I will be more willing.

I've seen no evidence that you, Phage, or any other so-called "skeptic" has any knowledge of mysticism that pop-culture and activism sisn't put there.

Now this is certainly where my 8 years senior would be relevant
How on Earth would you know you've seen the evidence when you're a new member as of this year? Do you think you might have missed some posts? And why am I a "skeptic" hehehe...just because I disagree'd with you here means I am a skeptic that never studied mysticism? This is silly. I said my piece.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Apparently. But it isn't going to happen.

You are really adamant about this and it is really disturbing. To be so set in stone, so set in your ideals, is really bigoted. Be more open minded, if it does happen WHOOPIE!! If it doesn't WHOOPIE!! Who cares who was right or wrong, that kind of thinking is what got us in the fecal hole in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I go all tingly when Phage gets all feisty .

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe in Santa

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

edit on 20-12-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

im searching for wat really will happen tomorrow, i found this also on the net,

here Link

What Happens On December 21, 2012?

December 21 is the winter solstice, and in 2012 the Sun on the solstice will be almost perfectly aligned with the plane of the galaxy (the Milky Way galaxy). What is astonishing is how precisely the Mayan calendar was able to pinpoint this alignment of the planets.

What's So Special About Planets Aligning?

The equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. What does this mean exactly? Or, even better, what is the probability of this occurring?

Every year on the winter solstice, our Sun has a Declination of -23.5 degrees, and a Right Ascension of 18 hours. But what makes the alignment of 2012 special is how this alignment occurs relative to very distant stars. On December 21, 2012, the alignment will be right along the plane of the entire galaxy. This precession of the equinoxes goes in a complete circle and happens only once every 26,000 years. In other words, the winter solstice moves 360 degrees every 26,000 years, or 0.01 degrees each year.

A significant detail that promoters of the 2012 doomsday fail to point out, however, is that the plane of the galaxy is not the width of a needle. The plane of the galaxy is quite wide - in fact, it takes the winter solstice between 700 hundred and 1,400 years to cross the plane of the galaxy! So 2012 is just one year amidst a span of 700 years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join