The Real Alignment of Dec 21 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because at first logic : If the Sun were to align with Alcyone and Sirius, like you said it does every day, and yet the Sun aligns with the Earth every day, ergo wouldn't the Earth align with them as well?

That is the reason I created the first diagram; so I could illustrate what I meant. It depends on the Sun-Earth alignment, towards whether or not it would line up with Alcyone and Sirius as well...That was the point of the diagram; to better ascertain how that didn't fit...
edit on 20-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

If the Sun were to align with Alcyone and Sirius, like you said it does every day, and yet the Sun aligns with the Earth every day, ergo wouldn't the Earth align with them as well?

No. Not with all of them aligning with each other.

With each of them yes. Three separate "alignments" because it takes two points to define a line. But that is not what the OP is talking about.

Space is 3D. As I pointed out, neither Sirius nor Alcyone lie on the ecliptic. This, at most basic level, means that Earth and the Sun can never "align" with either Sirius or Alcyone (or the center of the Galaxy for that matter), much less all of them being aligned with each other.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

See, that was point of my diagram

No reason to start jumping on
mode

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Original post by Phage

But there is no way Earth can "align" with the Sun, Alcyone, and Sirius because neither Alcyone or Sirius lie on the ecliptic.
edit on 12/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

What will happen is our Earth, Sun, Alcyone, and Sirius and center of the black hole will align on this date. This is what the Hindu and the Mayans refer too. They don't claim anything with the world ending.

This sounds really cool and I hope your right. It reminds me of a system of mechanical cogs. Like the Sun is a small cog connected to the larger wheel cog of Alcyone, and Alcyone connected to the larger ciog of Sirus and so on to the black hole. Sounds awesome and makes sense but do you have any hard astronomical data that can substantiate this beyond a theory?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

While my long term memory is quite good, too many things run through my head at once for me to have remembered my comment by the time that I read all the pages.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

One thing I've always found curious is what is an alcoyne star chart doing at Hovver Dam? It always made me wonder if there was something important about acloyne that would change the world.
Its said to be some message to future generations or visitors.

inlaid with a star chart/celestial map. The chart preserves for future generations the exact date on which President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated the Dam. In the center of the floor are the important stars and features of the Polar region of the sky as they would appeared at 8:56pm 2.25 secs local apparent time on September 30, 1935 when the structure was dedicated

Thread about that.
Not that it has anything to do with dec 21 that I know of, but why does the American government that authorized it consider this star so important?
Anything here to connect the dots with?
edit on 20-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Surrounding the base is a terrazzo floor, inlaid with a star chart, or celestial map. The chart preserves for future generations the date on which President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated Hoover Dam, September 30, 1935.

www.usbr.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by violet

Surrounding the base is a terrazzo floor, inlaid with a star chart, or celestial map. The chart preserves for future generations the date on which President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated Hoover Dam, September 30, 1935.

www.usbr.gov...

I just edited that in to replace my speculation before I saw your reply
edit on 20-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

And the Pleiades aren't the only feature of the map.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I mean the star chart found on this Link
Just curious why it has the name alcyone as the dominant feature

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

That is just a portion of the whole chart at the dam.
Alcyone is the brightest star in the Pleiades and the Pleiades is a very noticeable cluster of stars. One that everyone recognizes.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The chart looks to be isolated to stand out and something else, in this image , the carving of aquarious fits in with the age of Pisces moving into aquarious as is said to happen around this date. No?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Depends on which astrologer you ask. Some say we're there. Others, not for quite a while.
earthsky.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Looks like this thread has been debunked maybe time to close it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

I came to a final conclusion on what Dec 21, 2012 is about.

OP you didn't explain how you're connecting this Mayan 2012 date to Hinduism/Vedic.

Can you cite your sources corroborating that culture also points significance to December 21, 2012?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I do not agree with the bias of members like Phage but as being objective, whenever something doesn't seem to happen, I have to agree. Right now there is nothing in space, natural, that suggests firstly such allignment will happen, yet any space event. Nothing is flying now.

But don't worry, in 2013 a cometh will be passing near the Earth, it will be seen larger and closer than the one in 2007, plus solar maximum's last year before it drops is also next year. We will see what they will bring.

All I see dec 21st 2012 is when TPTB can use the date for a start date for something.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I do not agree with the bias of members like Phage but as being objective

Ironically, Phages bias is towards objectivity

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I first learned of the so called Mayan Apocalypse while in grade school in the '60s. I have been fascinated by it since.
I do not have a clue as to the orbital mechanics of the galaxy as they relate to earth. Could not speak to alignments or other celestial events and I remain uncertain as to their relevance even if they did occur.
I do, however, feel that the date has served as a bellwether, or a sign post for humanity to take a hard look at itself. The Maya may have been wise in the ways of astrology and astronomy, but could they have been equally wise in their understanding of human behavior?
Whatever does, or does not, happen on the 21st, humanity's collective reaction will be......... (forgive me) "fascinating" and, very likely, palpable.
So, I do see a big change coming tomorrow whether the prophecy is true or just self fulfilling.
Whatever one sees as happening, no one can say that this will NOT be an event to remember!
Regards

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So what?
What does that have to do with the fact that the OP claims those four objects will "align" and that it is a unique event?

Instead of lecturing and calling theories/people nonsensical, why can't you take this opportunity to RESPECTFULLY answer questions?

You come on ATS as a bit of an expert in many areas
so instead of being offensive, can't you be a little bit more embracing?
Just because you've explained something, doesn't mean people still can't have questions.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join