It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21st 2012 "THE EXACT TIMES"... 3:11am PST - 6:11am EST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
'Greenwich mean time' hasn't always been the worldwide standard.
I have read that the longditude which went through the pyramids was once he accepted line, not the greenwich meridian.

Who decided that GMT was to be applied to the ancient prophecy?
I tend to think that the time at Cairo needs to be converted -
Cairo 11.11am = GMT 9.11am

Geeze - not 9.11 again!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg5
'Greenwich mean time' hasn't always been the worldwide standard.
I have read that the longditude which went through the pyramids was once he accepted line, not the greenwich meridian.

I think I need to clear up some common misconceptions before we all drown in a puddle of confusion. First of all, when we are talking about 2012 with respect to the Mayan Long Count calendar, we need to keep in mind that we have arrived at that date by working out when the long count will end. It's not like the Mayans said "it will end at this time GMT" or something ridiculous like that, I don't think they had any concepts of different time zones. We have arrived at the 21st of Dec 2012 by working out when the calendar cycle started, then it's simply a matter of looking at how the calendar works and how long each cycle in the calendar will take. This is a simple conversion process which reveals that the long count will come to an end on the 21st of this month.

Now what we need to keep in mind, is that we know the day the long count cycle was started by analysing the ancient records and evidence and things like that (it was started on August 11, 3114 BCE), however it's unlikely we will ever work out the exact time at which the calendar was started on that day. So really I don't think it's possible to say exactly at what time the long count will reach the end of the cycle. However, if you ask me, the long count was purposely and intelligently aligned to end on the day of the winter solstice, what ever that may or may not mean. Now as I mentioned on the last page, the official time of the winter solstice has been 11:11 UTC/GMT for many many years now. It was only recently changed to 11:12, but I think that change was only made to alleviate fears.
edit on 20/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

11:11 is scarier than 11:12?

Determining the exact moment of the solstice is a bit tricky. Not a lot of difference in the position of the Sun between 11:11:29 and 11:11:31.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

11:11 is scarier than 11:12?

Yes in the conspiracy and spiritual arena it is certainly a very well known and important time/number. A lot of people see significance in the number. I don't particularly see anything very special about it, but a lot of people do.

Determining the exact moment of the solstice is a bit tricky.

Exactly... so it seems stupid to me for them to change it to 11:12 after it has been officially set at 11:11 for years. There's obviously a hidden motive there, whether it's just to alleviate concerns or cover something up, it has nothing to do with science.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Or maybe somebody bothered to calculate it more accurately because of the brouhaha.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Or maybe somebody bothered to calculate it more accurately because of the brouhaha.

I knew you'd have some sort of explanation for it, but I'd have to really look into that to see how valid it is. But I'm still far from convinced it's really any more accurate than the other calculations we have relied on for years. As you said it's extremely hard to reach a precise answer, the margin of error in such calculations could still easily make it 11:11. The difference is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by prevenge

due to all the war on the horizon I sure as # don't see humans evolving into a higher state of spirituality, but I will

well do you think all the people warring make up the sum total of the spiritual beings on the planet? or act as a good source to measure the amount of spiritually focused beings in the world?

i don't think so...
i actually think that the people who are fighting... are just following orders or brainwashed by a very few people at the top...

and war is rarely 24-7 action.. it's small pockets of skirmishes here and there...

it just seems that it is when you see it on the TV and web 24-7.

MOST people on this planet are not war-prone.

however... take a few meals away from them.....
diff story.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There is no need to argue over 11:11 or 11:12. They are both correct.

11:11 is the last minute of the old age.
11:12 is the first minute of the new age.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocryphon

What is 11:11:30?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

umm it makes more sense to go with the mayan time bcuz the mayans didnt use gmt LOLOLOLOl

is everyone forgetting who made this prophecy

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Strange thing happened to me last night, I was talking to my son regarding the end date when he mentioned something about filling up the car so we're ready to bug out. (to were is a total mystery to me
)

Anyways.......I didn't pay much attention to the idea but as I looked at my computer clock, it read 9:11pm

911......... ok then, let's go fill up the car.

Then today, I come to this thread, check the end time for my area and............ hello........... 9:11pm

I'm not liking the Universes sense of humour much!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

is everyone forgetting who made this prophecy

Well, the Mayans did not, so who did then? Exactly what prophecy are you on about?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Purgatory?

But seriously, thank you for making me laugh and spit my wine out!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

That would still be 11:11 since the minute is not over yet. Minutes last 60 seconds, not 30 seconds.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Might this be why?

Leap second 2012
edit on 20/12/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because: link

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
In the U.S. that makes it ...
3:11am Pacific Time

Oh great, I will be sleeping at that time....may I rest in peace

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
6:11 EST I'll be on the bus heading to work...

or not...

BTW I'll also be in the alleged center of things if the stuff mentioned in this thread's articles pan out

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think I saw on TV (maybe Ancient Aliens) it is when the planet Venus or Jupiter comes up on the horizon exactly in between two humps in the mountains/hills in Maya country as viewed from the main courtyard. That is one of the reasons we know it is the 21st Dec 2012 because it only happens once every 3000 odd years or something like that.
I'll have a look at the relevant Ancient Aliens episode on YouTube and post it here if I can find it.
Found it - posting before I go through it.

The 9 Gods Will Return. Hope they're nice.
edit on 20/12/2012 by Lucas73 because: added vid

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Well if 11:11 is old age, and 11:12 is New age. Maybe 11:11:30 is mid life crisis. Gosh sounds like doomsday to most wives.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thought I would pass this on, to everyone:

The Ox Lahji Baktun calendar spans 5200 years and it will end on December 21, 2012, of the Gregorian calendar. We are in the fourth part of these two cycles that began in 3114 BC. When we put together these two calendars, it gives us one period of great destruction for all humanity.

We are living in the times of the prophecies now in another calendar of Ox Lahuj Baktun. It also speaks about the cycle of the great changes. In the Mayan calendar, there are still 15 more years to be completed in this period of the year 5185 before this calendar can be completed. When this cycle is completed, it will mark a period of 2100 years. Another restoration of the planet will then begin -- Because the world once again has fallen into neglecting nature.

The world has been led by the materialistic ways, and humanity needs again to transcend a cycle and to live in a more subtle dimension. Right now only the ethnic and spiritual people on this planet are living this process. These changes will be very catastrophic, and my vision is that the different ethnic and spiritual groups will come together as the new warriors of the light. They will use tools of love to bring the message to humanity that their attitude must change.

We must respect all living things. Even though we have neglected and abused Mother Earth, taken her skin off, contaminated her waters, wind, and air; she still nurtures us. We must join hands and treat each other respectfully to reach a higher level of consciousness in order to survive. When a great part of humanity begins to understand this process and act upon it, the drastic changes, detailed in the prophecies, might not be so drastic.

Even just a few enlightened people can light the future. If you have the light, it is not necessary for many lights to be lit. That doesn't mean that many people will be carrying that light. Like the great indigenous elders, there can only be a few, but they can have the force to bring that tremendous message so that we can really hear, feel, and take action. It's hard work. It's big work. It's a big job. But if one person carries that light, they can bring that little light to many people and create one huge light. Show your understanding and your path to others so that they may follow, and that is the salvation of humanity. Then the changes of Mother Earth won't be that drastic. (End of Transcription)

BIO....Gerardo Barrios Kaanek, Mayan Medicine man and Time Keeper, was born in Guatemala. He began his spiritual journey at the age of 13 with a Maya Master Shaman, Ajq’iij in his own Mayaland where the Maya tradition has been alive for thousands of years.

www.seri-worldwide.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join