It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If VERIFIED, I think we have our smoking gun in the Sandy Hook Shooting - Media knew of shooting bef

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Woman in Nebraska claims to have seen a ticker notice on Facebook reporting the shooting 12 mins before the shooting actually took place -

www.youtube.com...

If this information can be verified then the stew just got a little thicker.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

isn't there a time zone difference between Connecticut and Nebraska? just saying.......

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My question is why didn't ANY of the 800 Million users of facebook not report this?

Its just common sense to think that so many people would have seen this 'supposed' info.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yes! The smoking gun is a random woman speaking on a youtube video.

You said it all with "IF verified". She doesn't even know what link she clicked to cause this ticker to appear on her facebook page.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

isn't there a time zone difference between Connecticut and Nebraska? just saying.......

Yeah, but not of just a few minutes difference, c'mon now!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yah but out of that 800 million people who were on Facebook where they as aware of the time as this lady was, have to admit he means for establishing what time it was when she saw this is extremely unique.

Originally posted by redbarron626
My question is why didn't ANY of the 800 Million users of facebook not report this?

Its just common sense to think that so many people would have seen this 'supposed' info.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Wewillallbefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wewillallbefree
Yah but out of that 800 people who were on Facebook where they as aware of the time as this lady was, have to admit he means for establishing what time it was when she saw this is extremely unique.

They would have shared it, which would have a time stamp.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The time zone difference was explained in the video.

Originally posted by Donahue

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
does she have any pictures or screen shots of this event? if not it`s just BS

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Really, a woman on youtube now constitutes a smoking gun?

Good Grief.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
did you see the the word that was in bold in the title IF VERIFIED

Originally posted by bknapple32

Good Grief.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

did you see the the word that was in bold in the title IF VERIFIED

Originally posted by bknapple32

Good Grief.

Then verify before putting it on here. Its not that hard of a concept. Throwing out here without doing so, just muddies the water. It accomplishes the same thing as posting it as if it were true. This should be gray area'd until verified.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm just bringing another piece of the puzzle to the table to discuss that is all, I never said that this woman's claims are 100% accurate, but maybe that the claim is worth a little more investigation.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

but maybe that the claim is worth a little more investigation.

Then how about you investigate it before posting crap like this here?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Because you post it and ATS investigates it like a collective, just like with other issues, no need to be so harsh on the OP.

That being said, it sounds like a hoax to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here is my opinion.....

The first call comes through at 9:35am (Connecticut time, EST) about the shooting

The woman claims she seen it on Facebook at 8:23am

Nebraska has two timezones, one is CST, 2 hours difference, the other MST, 1 hour difference.

So, 8:23am MST is 9:23 EST, but 8:23am CST would have been 10:23am EST.....52 minutes AFTER the first call from the police came through about the shooting.

So, either this is a hoax, or the woman has got her time zones mixed up (maybe she lives in MST, but works in CST and has her devices set to CST, or maybe she just lives in CST full stop).

It makes sense to me.

BTW, if I've got CST and MST the wrong way around, I apologise, it's late here in the UK.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Her timeline is based off of a phone call from her husband, and a game on her radio station. Either of those things, or both, could have been delayed. To prove the timeline, we would need to see a phone bill, showing a call before 8:30 CST (9:30 EST), and we would also need to have verification from the radio station that their "secret word" was aired at exactly 8:30, and not delayed. We would also need to know if her clock is even set properly. I didn't listen to the entire video, but more than halfway through, she had not stated that she actually heard that "secret word" on the radio that morning. Added to all of those questionable details, we have only her word that she saw any such announcement on her FB page. A screen shot, with the system time, and the announcement, would sure be handy.

IF this was true, it would indeed be quite telling. However, I would not plan on FB admitting to any such thing, if it did happen.

I have a lot of suspicions regarding this case, but I don't think that woman's statement is anything close to proof, as of yet. I won't say it isn't possible, but I would want clear, irrefutable evidence before assuming that her statement is accurate.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Yah but out of that 800 people who were on Facebook where they as aware of the time as this lady was, have to admit he means for establishing what time it was when she saw this is extremely unique.

They would have shared it, which would have a time stamp.

Well, sure.....except that FB time stamps are notoriously inaccurate. I have seen things I posted, or a family member did, that showed up either later or earlier than we posted them. Cases where we were SURE it wasn't at the time they stated. I don't think a FB time stamp would help. A screen shot, with a computer time showing, sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You know, I didn't even think about the Mountain time zone.....that's a distinct possibility!

Wonder if that YT person can contact this woman, and obtain more details about her location?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I'm just bringing another piece of the puzzle to the table to discuss that is all, I never said that this woman's claims are 100% accurate, but maybe that the claim is worth a little more investigation.

I am from Newtown, CT. My facebook page started blowing up minutes after the announcement that I found here (Ya always get things first at ATS). So what are you investigating?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join