It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Creating a Doomsday Tulpa?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Laying in bed with the flu, bored out of my mind, and began catching up on some of my reading. Anyway, I started thinking about all the end of the world hype and tulpas...and I wondered. Could we actually manifest an apocalypse simply by thinking about it?

Whether via Tulpa or law of attraction, it's kind of a scary thought.

Just in case, no one think of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've thought that too

Thought creating reality. To much focus on the negative.
I'm staying in that night, hoping most others do the same.

That said, now I have to actively try NOT to think of the Stay Puff man.
I better put the marshmallows to the back of the cupboards now so they don't remind me on Friday.....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

you know it's crazy I was just about to create the same forum using the idea of mass consciousness in order to create something that does not exist. it occurred to me that right now 2012 is probably on more peoples minds and anything else so collective consciousness can create this then who's to say the government or someone else didn't use the Mayans to plant information is a conspiracy so that we could create our own demise

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Laying in bed with the flu, bored out of my mind, and began catching up on some of my reading. Anyway, I started thinking about all the end of the world hype and tulpas...and I wondered. Could we actually manifest an apocalypse simply by thinking about it?

oh poor you, not a good time to have flu, soo much to do, drink plenty of orange juice. Yes i think the concept of a self-fulfilling prophecy is entirely possible, yet much less people seem to be talking about the special day than i thought. Guess we'll just have to see.
Oh and for that flu, get some chocolate down your neck too, itll release seratonin, and make you feel better .

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You do have a good point. Although when it comes to The Law of Attraction it has no scientific basis. If it did I would think that negative thoughts about "doomsday" would have to come from the masses, which it wouldn't. I'd say more 50/50 than anything.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Are we talking about the stay-puff man from Ghostbusters? what has he to do with the day after tomorrow??

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It was a thought form. Gozer the Gozarian told them to choose the form "the Traveler" would assume...they tried to blank their minds, but Ray thought of the Staypuft marshmallow man...so that was the form the Traveler came in.

The OP's use of the word "Tulpa" is reflective of Tibetan philosophy and the Book of the dead. In western mysticism, the idea of thoughts manifesting as reality is often called "thought forms".

Which is kinda funny that the "Staypuft marshmallow man" came up cause I am watching Ghostbusters right now...lol. Too funny!
edit on 12/19/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Wasn't the stay puff man a Tulpa?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

"Doomsday" is an archetype of the collective unconscious. Archetype of the Apocalypse. But every archetype is 'in' every other archetype...notably the trickster archetype. No archetype is an island.

We project archetypes "out there" and they sort of bounce back at us. But not in the straightforward way we expect because the trickster archetype opposes our arrogant certainty. The more certain we all are about the timing and form of "doomsday", the more vulnerable we are to the twists of the trickster archetype.

edit on 19-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As everyone has a different theory in relation to the 21st, which senario would be chosen?

I suppose, if we just take into account all of the negative energy, the question is what does all of this energy evolve into and what will emerge from all of our thought forms if such energy could manipulate matter itself?

Or maybe that's just going too deep?
edit on 19-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is exactly why I'm scared about it. I don't believe it for a second, but I do believe that if enough people believe it, we will create our own self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The stay puff marshmallow man isn't nearly as scarey as the Michelin Man.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Actually can we all think of marshmallow man, I'm hungry.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
As everyone has a different theory in relation to the 21st, which senario would be chosen?

I suppose, if we just take into account all of the negative energy, the question is what does all of this energy evolve into and what will emerge from all of our thought forms if such energy could manipulate matter itself?

Nah...not deep...a great question!

What form shall we choose for the traveler? "Choose and perish"....

I really don't want to be roasted in the depths of a sloar...so...just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wasn't the stay puff man a Tulpa?

ah, now im with you, im a little to old to have watched Ghostbusters properly at the time. So it was a thought-form , now i see.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Nah...not deep...a great question!

What form shall we choose for the traveler? "Choose and perish"....

I really don't want to be roasted in the depths of a sloar...so...just sayin'.

Well as I stated above, we should all focus on marshmallow man.

That way he will try to destroy with his soft and fluffy hands and cause no damage, and when we are done watching in awe we can eat him. The hunter becomes the hunted.

Anyway on a serious note, the negative energy has to amount to something does it not?

I suppose only on the day we will witness wether the OP's was on to something or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I was being a little facetious as I had just finished watching Ghostbusters.

Let's run with this thought for a few lines of brain entertainment. Let's say....the idea of Tulpa or Thought forms has merit...that "The Destroyer" is coming...what then?

If it's coming...it's coming. All the terrible, negative things we have done...all the death, misery and all that bad energy we have created is about to manifest itself and return to it's creator...us...the human race.

Then what? Lay down and pray for the mountains to fall on us and hide us from it's wrath? Or do we stand and face that which we have collectively created?
edit on 12/19/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

But I'm getting Tired of this doomsday

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Well that depends on the individual. One can't alter their personality to something It's not.

Some will have courage and face their fears, others will cower in the face of it.

The question then becomes, can the beast be defeated?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But I'm getting Tired of this doomsday

Haha, everyone knows when you go camping you roast marshmallows before bed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join