It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror SFX Guy & Director Remy Couture charged with corrupting morals through his short films.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Law official in Montreal have stepped way out of bounds in the arrest of local indie filmmaker and special effects artist Remy Couture, who is charged with “corrupting morals through the distribution, possession and production of obscene materials” in a case that explores the boundaries of artistic expression, reports both National Post and Toronto Sun. He could get up to two years in prison.

Source

Ok, this is ridiculous. Some will say - Where's the art in that garbage? Well. There's the making of prosthetics, make-up, video editing, scores, acting. And so much more. Can you tell I'm a horror buff?

This guy does amazing stuff. His prosthetics look awesome, the editing is a little lacking but over all it's pretty darn good. As far as horror goes I think pretty much everything is permitted...it's called horror for a reason.

Ok back on topic here. Alright. If this film promotes moral corruption then please, ban Justin Beiber DVD's.
But seriously, freedom of speech is a big thing. Start incarcerating independent film makers then were do you stop? Will you bring Stephen King to court for corrupting morals due to his books. Or Clive Barker. Common' justice system, get your heads out of your butts. It's just a movie. And if you can't tell it's fake, rent more horror movies
If you don't like horror movies....move along nothing for you to see here, don't bitch about it. Just ignore it. It's only a movie after all.
-
WARNING EXPLICIT MATERIAL
-
Inner Depravity 2
-

edit on 19-12-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I watched it, and I don't see why they're making such a big fuss over it. I also am a big fan of horror, and for an Indy it's pretty good work. I'd love to see what that guy could do with a big budget!

I've seen stuff almost as graphic (minus the boobies of course) on CSI during prime time. The only people "corrupted" by watching a film are those who already have serious issues anyway. I think it would be better just to impose warnings before the film starts than arresting the film maker. In fact, the publicity from the arrest just might generate more interest in his work! Counterproductive if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I think the big budget thing is why he's being arrested. Because he doesn't have a big budget. I'd like to see them try a stunt like that with Lion's gate. Or Rosebud Releasing Corporation . LOL

new topics

join