It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not understand this at all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The U.S. Coast Guard captured 28 TONS of coc aine in the Pacific Ocean off of the Galopagos Islands. Since when did the U.S. become owner of the ocean? How can they arrest people in international waters? I don't use drugs but I really dont get how the Coast Guard and Navy can do this.

Jeeze our tax dollars at work in the sea when they need to look a little closer to home.

www.miami.com...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
....Once War is declared, we do as we please....

[edit on 24-10-2004 by herm]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am truly sorry that your daily fix of coc aine has been hindered by the good people of the Coast Gaurd.
Cmon dude whats your problem? What is wrong with stopping drug runners from running. Obviously the South American governments can't handle this problem on their own. America is helping them combat the war on drugs. We have been cooperating with them for decades.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I believe the US has agreements with many countries allowing law enforcement to patrol their waters and arrest drug smugglers. Most of the drugs are coming into the USA anyway, so I say, good for them...the more they get this way the less on the streets of the world.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
it's America, we don't have to OWN it to POLICE it

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's go from the dealers to the government to the goverment dealers to the street dealers to the users.

You can't cut out the middle man. ie. Government

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That sounds about right. Those guys were 300 miles away from land. Good to know we are using the Jolly Rogers. Cool, war on terror means we get to be pirates! Im buying a gun boat.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How else do you think the Military Industrial Complex can fund wars? Why do you think we invaded Afganistan with our conventional army? Do you really think billions of tax dollars are spent on a "drug war" with no return on that investment?

I'm am not suprised by this story...

top topics

join