It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Amendment is a Relic - Its Purpose is Long Past.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

The OP is quite correct of course. The Second Amendment was indeed written at a point in history when the US had no standing army to speak of - just militias made up of average citizens. Those times are long past. There has a been a standing US army for many hundreds of years. The NRA and other right wing extremists have always purposely misconstrued the 2nd in order to serve their own political agenda - and violence has ensued for decades because of it. Pretty well every civilized country in the western world has severe firearm regulations and restrictions in place - and always have. Yet you don't see mass murder committed on their streets week in week out.

Strange that...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I'm a Desert Storm vet KID. all I need to do is sneak up on any piece of armor(Tankers always have crappy security) and pop thermite on the bustle rack or above a magazine area.
I was a scout we used to close and kill, not wait for indirect support like today.Since you seem to believe the military would support such an effort you may have missed some key training we Americans have,LIKE THE OATH YOU TOOK TO DO IT WITH ME.domestic enemy WOULD apply here if they attacked.Must be a REMF with that little attitude.
Thermal sights are good but not everyone has one in service.My instructors will be from DELTA,MACV,and all the other vets I know.I think we will be able to handle you kids just fine.
Cold warriors are a bit ......nastier in our thought processes.Don't f##ck with my country..

edit on 21-12-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

My man, my man...wake up to the real world...

The premise of this thread is OUR military being sent to squash any armed rebellion HERE. So you would be facing exactly what you were trained, except they are still active and better equipped.

If our country labeled our uprising as an act of terrorism, those Vets you talk of would be bustin caps at YOUR arse!

Our military LONG, LONG, ago passed the point where our populace can pose a threat.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why stop at banning guns? Let's also ban Hurricanes, Tornados, lightening, and wildfires too. We also should ban hurt feelings, rude words and gestures and anything and everything that might cause any harm.

I mean think of the CHILDREN!! We in the USA should make a Law of the land that EVERTHING is made Nerf style,

Soft and plushy, that should keep us all safe.

Oh and why we are at it, Lets make a Law banning death, I mean that's the worst right?? Killing and Murder and Violence lead to death, so banning death would be an AWESOME cause..

(if you did not get that my post was sarcasm, you must believe the MSN too)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
(if you did not get that my post was sarcasm, you must believe the MSN too)
edit on 21-12-2012 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2012 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Sorry what mass murder took place THIS week, or the week before last, did I miss an article somewhere??

Sorry I don't have a TV, can you cite where the USA has a mass murder every week, I'd love to read those sources.

Unless of course you're exaggerating, but if that IS the case, then are you any better than the "gun nuts" you oppose?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

You can't ban nature - but you can ban guns. Your statement is juvenile at best.

Most crimes in the US are committed with stolen guns - guns stolen from the homes of legal gun owners. Banning guns would put a serious resource strain on US criminals. It would also make criminals very easy to apprehend, as if they were carrying weapons, they would by default be criminals.

The military need guns. The police need guns. The public don't. Get rid of guns and you are halfway home to eradicating violent crime...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Correct you cannot ban nature, Human or otherwise, you made my point for me..

Human nature is CONFLICT, whether it be physical combat, or trying to stay warm combating the cold or whatever..

If you want the Violence to stop, BAN humans, it truly is the only way.

and can you show a citation for "most guns stolen from homes". some guns are not stolen but sold, some guns are stolen from gun shops.
edit on 21-12-2012 by thedigirati because: asking for citation

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

Sorry what mass murder took place THIS week, or the week before last, did I miss an article somewhere??

Sorry I don't have a TV, can you cite where the USA has a mass murder every week, I'd love to read those sources.

Unless of course you're exaggerating, but if that IS the case, then are you any better than the "gun nuts" you oppose?

Here you go then:

www.motherjones.com...

www.wate.com...

rt.com...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Get the idea?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

they cant outflank us all

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

Correct you cannot ban nature, Human or otherwise, you made my point for me..

Human nature is CONFLICT, whether it be physical combat, or trying to stay warm combating the cold or whatever..

If you want the Violence to stop, BAN humans, it truly is the only way,

I didn't make anything for you buddy...

Your logic is however, very weak. If you can't differentiate between a man made killing and a hurricane...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yes but you said "every week" I do not see 52 mass killing for the past year

so want to try again???

Personally I do not own a gun, I don't need one to kill, and I have taken on 8 people at a time. 6 of which ended up in intensive care only two died later.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

your point is you want facts but when we reference, history, science, quantum probability, and dare i say a little balls, you call it insane when the concept of banning guns is insane. find somewhere else to post

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

By your own logic, we should not live where hurricanes are, so yes banning hurricanes is fruitful you just can't live where they hit, see how easy that was, and logical as well..

See how silly that sounds??

I have no problem if YOU do not want guns, but if your fear treads on MY rights, maybe you should just stay Home

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

The OP is quite correct of course. The Second Amendment was indeed written at a point in history when the US had no standing army to speak of - just militias made up of average citizens. Those times are long past. There has a been a standing US army for many hundreds of years. The NRA and other right wing extremists have always purposely misconstrued the 2nd in order to serve their own political agenda - and violence has ensued for decades because of it. Pretty well every civilized country in the western world has severe firearm regulations and restrictions in place - and always have. Yet you don't see mass murder committed on their streets week in week out.

Strange that...

I guess all members of the NRA , all 4.5 million of us, are right wing extremists. I`m a firm believer in all the Amendments, I really like the 1st, 2nd, 4th,and 9th but I guess those are all long past ideas as well. Our forefathers knew tyranny , that my young friend is something that needs to be deleted first, then you can worry about getting rid of the other outdated rights.

Bill

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All you people posting about needing a violent revolution shut the # up. Right now, you spread the word. Show people the real facts and not the bull# lies they see on tv. If Congress does appeal the 2nd Amendment or ratify it, etc and that we can't change that with words, and when you have exhausted all possibility's then and only then should you ever engage in conflict. Even then, you'll need to be organized on a grand scale with other people who would be involved in it. You'd also have to win the hearts and minds the of the people too. If you can win the hearts and minds of the people though, pretty sure you wouldn't need to go to violence to stop anything from happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

Strange that...

I guess all members of the NRA , all 4.5 million of us, are right wing extremists. I`m a firm believer in all the Amendments, I really like the 1st, 2nd, 4th,and 9th but I guess those are all long past ideas as well. Our forefathers knew tyranny , that my young friend is something that needs to be deleted first, then you can worry about getting rid of the other outdated rights.

Bill

The rights are not outdated, they are far from that sir. As long as you exercise your rights and understand them which apparently you see your natural born rights as outdated. Those rights are there because that's something no one can take away from you, only you can let them be take by letting the nanny/police state take over. If you want big brother to do everything for you, give up your rights. If you'd like to lead an independent life full of liberty then I suggest you rethink about which rights are outdated to you. Choose carefully, for not only yourself but for future generations. Once you take away their rights here in America the only way to get them back will be through war if they go to long without understanding that they have certain natural born rights. Don't let the next generations grow up in a nanny state where everyone is a lazy # who wants to live off wealth fare and have everything handed to them. They'll depend on Big Bro for everything, they'll rely on the police for false safety, the list goes on.

Choose carefully.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The right to personal protection should never be infringed upon. I like poking holes in paper and have a variety of firearms to do just that. However, I feel with all of our technological progress, there is a ton of money to be made if someone can invent non-lethal weapons that could instantly incapacitate someone aside from a taser.

Set phasers to stun.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76

Strange that...

Bill

The rights are not outdated, they are far from that sir. As long as you exercise your rights and understand them which apparently you see your natural born rights as outdated. Those rights are there because that's something no one can take away from you, only you can let them be take by letting the nanny/police state take over. If you want big brother to do everything for you, give up your rights. If you'd like to lead an independent life full of liberty then I suggest you rethink about which rights are outdated to you. Choose carefully, for not only yourself but for future generations. Once you take away their rights here in America the only way to get them back will be through war if they go to long without understanding that they have certain natural born rights. Don't let the next generations grow up in a nanny state where everyone is a lazy # who wants to live off wealth fare and have everything handed to them. They'll depend on Big Bro for everything, they'll rely on the police for false safety, the list goes on.

Choose carefully.

I`ll take it that you didnt note my sarcasm. Im an NRA member, AirForce Vet,a father of 3,a husband to a wonderful wife, someone who takes personal responsibility and firm believer in the Constitution. I have used a firearm to defend my family from 3 men trying to break into my house.

So while there are people out there who believe banning guns will stop all crime. I believe as long as people have greed,addiction,mental health issues,emotions,hate,needs,wants,poverty,lack of moral compasses and feelings of entitlement you will have crime.

Bill

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76

Strange that...

Bill

Choose carefully.

I`ll take it that you didnt note my sarcasm. Im an NRA member, AirForce Vet,a father of 3,a husband to a wonderful wife, someone who takes personal responsibility and firm believer in the Constitution. I have used a firearm to defend my family from 3 men trying to break into my house.

So while there are people out there who believe banning guns will stop all crime. I believe as long as people have greed,addiction,mental health issues,emotions,hate,needs,wants,poverty,lack of moral compasses and feelings of entitlement you will have crime.

Bill

I agree with that last statement but I don't think crime will ever stop, you'd have to preset every human with a set of morals and a belief system to have a crime free world in my opinion. I didn't catch your sarcasm either, I'm usually good at that.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Seems still needed to me. My wife will keep her gun. Watch it before you say ohh its YouTube and skip. Watch the clip. Give up your gun, we'll keep ours.
edit on 21-12-2012 by RightlyCurious because: typo

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join