I could have easily killed them all but not without bullet over penetration in a populated area.
1) That's what gave me the impression you were talking about high powered rifles... And you must have been... Having been in the British army myself
for a good while I do have some experience with rifles and i have to say, I wouldn't be TOO concerned about the 7.62 round from an SA80 penetrating
someone's external house wall and killing them. The SA80 is designed to engage targets (optimistically) at about 600yds and is designed to maim as
opposed to kill (takes more people to patch someone than to leave them for dead... See.. That's thinking US, pay attention) and I would say that,
whilst its not a high power rifle compared to some, I would say it was high power enough for a civvy..
2) I clearly know the difference between semi-automatic and fully automatic,
If I didn't I'd have failed every APWT I ever did and wouldn't have got out of basic..
3) ditto with 'combat' (also, iraq wouldn't have been half as bad of you yanks weren't stacking up POW's and interfering with them
4) the area I live in is very culturally diverse actually, one of the most culturally diverse populations outside of the Capital... Just on my street
I have people from Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Korea, and Poland (and that's the one's I know of, theres plenty of my neighbours I don't know)...
Though I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything...
5) I was calling you corporal flashback as a leg-pull mate, what with your diatribe on 'the things I've seen'... kind of brought Rambo to mind...
Which brings me onto 6
6) I don't watch Tv and 'movies' anymore mate, I got rid of my tv ages ago, it's an idiot box and I have nothing but distain for it
7)I wasn't actually arguing to take your precious bang bang off you,
In fact, if you'd read it instead of having a knee-jerk reaction you'd see I actually said (on taking your boom sticks away) "why should they?"
And clearly stated i'd own a gun myself.... I don't object to it,
I just object to the fallacious and disingenuous statements about how guns are keeping everyone so safe, which is obviously BS based on the scenario
YOU described about the guy getting shot in the face in his own front room... Guns didn't act as a deterrent, they didn't prevent it âñd they
couldn't even avenge it (because yours was too high powered to be shooting off in the street) and, in fact, the only involvement they had was
shooting the poor guy in his face whilst he was trying to enjoy a spot of tea... So... Yeah....
I hope that covers everything....
Edit: oh and you may not kill everything every opportunity you get but that seems, judging by the quote at the top of this post, due to a concern
about collateral damage (surprisingly, from an American) rather than any concern about actually killing 'the baddies'
edit on 21-12-2012 by
Milkflavour because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-12-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-12-2012
by Milkflavour because: Terrible spelling