It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science against evolution

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

For example why can't dogs and wolves mate with Dingos, they should be just as close.

Seriously...Google is your friend. The dingo (Canis lupus dingo) breeds freely with other domestic dogs.

Dingo hybrids Main article: Interbreeding of dingoes with other domestic dogs A "dingo" with an unusual color pattern The dingo (Canis lupus dingo) breeds freely with other domestic dogs. This is now so widespread that in some areas, dingoes are now mostly mixed-breed dogs, crossed in recent times with dogs from other parts of the world. However, DNA study shows that "the dingo originates from domesticated dogs, originally from East Asia"[8] (which reverted to the wild) and so interbreeding between dingos and other domestic dogs is also not a hybridization in the same sense as an interbreeding between different species of Canidae.

Dingo/dog hybrids

Do yourself a favour, everytime you type a statement that you think is a fact, quickly pop on to google and check!

You're an idiot....stop it.

Cabbits

so good i named it twice!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I think that everyone who has participated in the madness should add "CABBITS" to their sig. Or, if anyone is a more creative soul than I am, they could create an avatar that reflects our devotion to the cabbit cause.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

It doesn't matter if you feel that there is so much evidence about evolution, I promise you, there is tons more evidence in intervention.

Promise all you want, you have presented nothing but unfounded claims for your hypothesis of interventionism.

CABBITS!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by colin42

I think that everyone who has participated in the madness should add "CABBITS" to their sig. Or, if anyone is a more creative soul than I am, they could create an avatar that reflects our devotion to the cabbit cause.

And the best thing is...it applies it retrospectivly

whoop whoop....new sig

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Ask and you shall receive

Not avatar worthy, but a nice meme regardless

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ahhh....I'm bored....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Last one for tonight....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I lied....one more.....

edit on 9-2-2013 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

LOL! good posts

cabbits

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

There is still a list they can't breed with, you obviously missed the point.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Promise all you want, you have presented nothing but unfounded claims for your hypothesis of interventionism
They aren't unfounded just because you refuse to pick up and believe a history book.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

There's a list of what
cabbits
can't breed with? Amazing. Who maintains this list? Is this list-maintaining entity as real as
cabbits
?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

They aren't unfounded just because you refuse to pick up and believe a history book.

I have picked up many history books in my time. Can you reference a history book that backs up your unfounded claims of interventionism?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I have picked up many history books in my time. Can you reference a history book that backs up your unfounded claims of interventionism?

Apparently you need to be able to suspend reality in order imagine tooths

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Are you still pretending that the bible is history. I've already shown that exodus, genesis and the flood are all fiction. The fiction extends into the New Testament as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Your so called history book as you write above needs you to believe. So it is not the clear historical document that you claim it to be.

Now add that every time your story requires it you change what you claim the bible shows. At best the bible is very unreliable and your version of the bible is a guaranteed lie to support your fantasies

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's cold and raining so I wasted some time to try to get some sort of discussion going that is not tooth ache based.

What is Species?

As far as nature is concerned the word species means nothing. Organic life evolves to survive in the environment it lives in and because we live in a world with many different, ever changing environments we see diversity as the result of that struggle to survive. To take advantage of an oportunity and to breed and pass on any advantages that helps make that possible.

The way I view species is that at its most basic this is a filing system (an abstraction to store), so that science is able to reference and cross reference information just as a stamp collector group’s stamps into countries of origin.

Just as a stamp collector organises the main group of country into regions, price and age, biology divides species into Subspecies and variations

Just as in any filing system a criteria is decided and the information filed according to that and even though the archivists may argue about how and tinker around the edges of how the information is filed the information does not change just as the stamp being filed will not change.

So now we come to a filing system involving organic life. The first categories are Birds, insects, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and plants

Let’s now look at plants. We can easily because we have filed them into one group. We then subdivide them into vegetable, fruit, herbs etc we then sub divide again based on flower shape, number of petals. Leaf shape and many other shared characteristics. We also now have and understand genetics that allows us to refine that grouping further.

There will always be anomalies (the cabbit is not one of them) as this is a filing system but the information being filed does not change.

So now let’s look at the Gray Wolf and the Domestic Dog.

We look at what differences there are between the Gray Wolf and the Domestic Dog. There are clearly differences but there are many more shared characteristics. So they clearly cannot be classed as the exact same species but they are still close enough to be able to breed and produce viable young this indicates they are a subspecies.

We know the wolf was here first by the fossil records so the domestic dog is a sub species of the wolf. Genetic investigation has confirmed the dog is a sub species of the Gray Wolf, its closest relative. We then categorise dogs into variations.

Please feel free to correct or refine the above

So tooth unless you can show the above to be wrong with more than your opinion and denial you have nothing more to say. You have had your question answered again. This time read it.

Hint. Tooth, to dispute the above you need to take some time and learn what species means as you have not demonstrated any understanding of this so far.

edit on 10-2-2013 by colin42 because: extra links added

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said: "Let's see the evolutionists try to figure this one out."

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said: "Let's see the evolutionists try to figure this one out."
A very good 19th century viewpoint. We are however now firmly in the 21st Century and the Platypus actually supports evolution so when you offer this to champion creation it smacks of desperation.

Platypus

Do you intend to join us in the 21st century any time soon? We have flying machines and electrickery now as well. Give it a try, you may like it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So it was and old joke, i wasn't looking for any replies. Yes it is the 21st century and pretty soon there will be humor transplants for the grumpy. I would put your name on the list if i was you.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join