It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

NEWTOWN, Conn. – The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.” Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Well so far not much at all has made sense from the reporting done in this case. I do find the information in this story to be the most believable so far.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Doubtful.

That's one thing I know first hand with my niece, is false.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If this is true, it was very foolish for the mother to allow her son to know her plans about petitioning for conversatorship and involuntary commitment. These things are best done privately. It's sneaky, I know, but it's better than the alternative.

Either way, the son is going to be enraged and upset. But at least if it's kept secret, it avoids any potential for the son to act out beforehand.

Still, this information is heresay, and like all the other crazy info about this incident floating around in cyberspace, it's best to take it with a grain of salt until proven.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
From a post on this blog willyloman.wordpress.com... which led to other posts/articles about it:

Here is his twitter, where he comments about being misinterpreted:

twitter.com...

A couple articles where his dad corrects the reporter about what he, Joshua, had said; which Joshua says on his twitter that they got wrong as well, not what his dad had actually said to them:

"Newtown massacre: Pastor disputes son's account on Adam Lanza's motive"
www.lohud.com...

"Motive behind Newtown killings remains a mystery as latest theory about Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza is disputed"
www.nydailynews.com...

So, basically, he's a wannabe actor; he says they hassled him for 2 days until he agreed to make a statement; wherein he claims he said "people in the community are saying..." which they then misinterpreted to "...an intimate acquaintance of Adam Lanza and the Lanza family said..."; which his dad tried to correct, and they misinterpreted that too. So, more gong-show reporting all in all.

Oh, and forgot to add this:

"Joshua Flashman: Top 10 Facts You Need to Know"
www.heavy.com...

edit on 19-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Has anyone found out what his mothers affiliation with the school was?
LastI read there was no record of her at the school.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

That's the last I heard as well.

They were saying that he attended the school as a kid, but I'm finding anything they've said hard to believe at this point.

edit on 19-12-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Very trajic, and bizzare.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Very interesting.
The only mentions of her affiliations with the school came from this interview where it was stated that she was a volunteer last year at this school and that her son had attended there years ago. It was also stated that she was friends with the principle and counselor.

Well this morning i found this to be the most believable story yet but it all stinks like the rest.

top topics

join