It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which One Is The Assault Weapon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by JIMC5499

The mental health issue is surely a reason not to have guns?

Repeat after me. "It isn't the gun. It is the person who uses the gun. If guns were not available they would use some other method to try to get the same results."

Within the last few weeks a knife was used to slash 20+ children in China and a crossbow was used in another incident.

Save the talking points for your next NRA meeting please.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Long video but still very educating.

Here's a Doctor's view of gunshot wounds and rifle wounds.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Save the talking points for your next NRA meeting please.

I am not now nor ever have been a member of the NRA. So that dog don't hunt.

If somebody wants to kill somebody bad enough, they will use what ever is available to them.

My entire point to this thread is to show the BS in what is classified as an "assault weapon". Nothing more, nothing less. You would be surprised what my actual views on guns are.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
This is the assault weapon

That is an NFA firearm only available to the general public with tax stamp and very stringent background check. It will take weeks if not months to get approval for a SBR.

A single armed security guard could have prevented the massacre!

In this world we will always have nut jobs and the best option is to be prepared by having guards at schools and other "soft targets"! We guard banks, but not our children! At least once a week a kid is taken and tortured to death by some nut job. How many kids must die before we accept that we must guard against such attacks? Even if the kid had not been able to get guns he could have done just as much damage or more using other means. Thank God he didn't walk in with a homemade flame thrower or similar. Thank God he didn't take his time and level the place with explosives etc... What if "What if" he had just walked in and started kicking down doors and tossed homemade grenades/pipe bombs in?

There is only one way to stop a person bent on killing others and himself, and this by direct confrontation. The only answer is to guard the children!

Common sense seems to be missing in Americas politics. Instead of meaninful change we will instead be surrendering our guns to a goverment which has killed thousands of children in Iraq etc.. If you trust a system which is for sale to the party willing to spend the most to always have your best interests at heart, then you are a fool! I wonder how many Jews trusted that Germany would always have their best interests at heart?

To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! It is to further a tyranical agenda!

What would the outcome in Nazi Germany have been if the Jews had been armed to the teeth?

If we abandon the law which our country was founded on then we invite another Hitler to power etc... Elections can be bought in America friend, but at the end of the day none can trespass to far because American citizens constitute the largest armed force on the planet! Would you really like to see a helpless American public? I know that I would not want to see that!
edit on 20-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So? I've treated hundreds of GSW, since I've been in two war zones, I'm ceratin I've dealt with orders of magnitude more than the anesthesiologist in the video. A GSW causes trauma. No kidding.
edit on 20-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by AllenBishop
Murder stats from the FBI for 2011.

Rifles=323
Shotguns=356

Knives=1694
Blunt objects=496
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)=728

Link:
FBI Murder Statistics: 2011
edit on 20-12-2012 by AllenBishop because: Link missing

You left out some numbers...
Total homicides from firearms: 8,583

Total firearms: 8,583
Handguns 6,220
Rifles 323
Shotguns 356
Other guns 97
Firearms, type not stated 1,587

Same link

Exactly. Rifles, like the ones they want to ban, only account for 323 deaths out of 8,583. Looks like the data shows that "assault rifles" are not the problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Exactly. Rifles, like the ones they want to ban, only account for 323 deaths out of 8,583. Looks like the data shows that "assault rifles" are not the problem.

I wonder how many of those rifles were bolt action?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

I wonder how many Jews trusted that Germany would always have their best interests at heart?

To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! It is to further a tyranical agenda!

What would the outcome in Nazi Germany have been if the Jews had been armed to the teeth?

If we abandon the law which our country was founded on then we invite another Hitler to power etc...

Reductio ad Hitlerum, also argumentum ad Hitlerum
edit on 20-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I wonder how many of those rifles were bolt action?

Or lever action, or single shot...the actualnumber of semi-auto rifles must be lower than 323 as that number included all rifles, regardless of action.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

I wonder how many Jews trusted that Germany would always have their best interests at heart?

If we abandon the law which our country was founded on then we invite another Hitler to power etc...

Reductio ad Hitlerum, also argumentum ad Hitlerum
edit on 20-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Truth none the less! USA leadership is for sale to the highest bidder! A well armed public does serve a real purpose!
edit on 20-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So? I've treated hundreds of GSW, since I've been in two war zones, I'm ceratin I've dealt with orders of magnitude more than the anesthesiologist in the video. A GSW causes trauma. No kidding.

Finally. Somebody around here "gets it".

You a Corpsman?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Anything capable of being used to attack or harm another person or target is an 'assault' weapon.

The question is not what semantics can be used to protect weapons designed only to kill, but what weapons facilitate death dealing the most; guns being very high on any such list.

That, and why the ability to deal death in an instant should be in the hands of the unpredictable proletariat.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthlingSpelunker
Anything capable of being used to attack or harm another person or target is an 'assault' weapon.

The question is not what semantics can be used to protect weapons designed only to kill, but what weapons facilitate death dealing the most; guns being very high on any such list.

That, and why the ability to deal death in an instant should be in the hands of the unpredictable proletariat.

Spoken like someone who needs a Nanny State to take care of him/her.

No thanks. I'm an adult, and until they make a cop that fits in my holster, I'll pass on "gun control".

The government has done a piss-poor job preventing tragedies like this in the past; their track record shows that these types of events cannot be circumvented by any amount of laws; furthermore, the police have no obligation to swoop in to your rescue.

I have a good feeling no one screaming for the banning of guns has been the victim, or have any loved ones that have been the victim, of any type of violent crime.

Until you come to grips with the fact that, cold-blooded evil really does exist in this world, you are living in a pixie-dust laden fantasyland, where Uncle Sugar will tuck you into bed at night, provide you free health care, and send you a welfare check every month.

It's pretty simple, really. Bad people can, and will, harm you, whether you "believe" in guns or not.

Next time one of you crybabies gets attacked, robbed, or assailed, be sure to tell the offending party, who most likely laughs at firearms laws, that you simply think "guns are bad". When said dirtbag draws down on you, ask him if he'll give you a second to dial the police.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.1

I think alcohol should be banned, there's no reason anyone should drink that evil, wicked, firewater.

Alcohol is designed with the sole intention to intoxicate.

That, and why the ability to initiate an altered mental state in an instant should be in the hands of the unpredictable proletariat?

CDC DUI Deaths

Sounds pretty ________'in retarded when it's applied to something else doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Weapon "A"

Weapon "B"

Which of these is an assault rifle?

Now that is a silly question. It's the one on the top of course. Rifle B is just to small to be an Assault Rifle. See, I can take Rifle A by the barrel when it jams or runs dry and commit a very serious assault on the guy still demanding that much self defense attention. I can even assault him with a good butt stroke when the situation calls for it! Look at that little thing at the bottom there...It doesn't even have a Butt to stroke with!

Yup.. Hands down. The Assault Rifle is Rifle A.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Now that is a silly question. It's the one on the top of course. Rifle B is just to small to be an Assault Rifle. See, I can take Rifle A by the barrel when it jams or runs dry and commit a very serious assault on the guy still demanding that much self defense attention. I can even assault him with a good butt stroke when the situation calls for it! Look at that little thing at the bottom there...It doesn't even have a Butt to stroke with!

Yup.. Hands down. The Assault Rifle is Rifle A.

HA! Love it!

It doesn't take detachable magazines or pistol grips or anything else, does it? Just look at what the Germans did with the model 98 Mauser, or the Marines with the 1903 Springfield! OK, OK arguably they are the same weapon but the point still stands.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllenBishop

Finally. Somebody around here "gets it".

You a Corpsman?

Physician.
Combat Docs. FRSS teams and battlefield medicine

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
You've got it backwards. Assault weapon is a media/left wing creation meant to confuse as it's clearly done in this case. An assault Rifle is a full automatic rifle.

An "Assault Rifle" is, technically speaking, selective fire. It will fire either semi-auto or rock-n-roll, depending on where the selector lever is set.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here is an Assult Weapon

I don't see them talking about banning cars any time soon.

Now to back up that statement Click on the following link for some statisical data.
Motor Vehicle Accidents and Fatalities

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the first assault rifle.

was the main weapon of the Austrian military from 1787 to1815.

Held 22 rounds of .460 ammo and could be fired by just cocking/feeding a ball with one movement and pulling the trigger.

This was at the time everyone in the US used flintlocks

The strange part is this rifle could be sold in most of the US today without a background check or any regulations.

The seller would not even need a FFL or keep records.

I am planing to go to gunsmithing school next years and am getting all the information on how this rifle with modern metals and pressures.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join