It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which One Is The Assault Weapon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The sporty looking one must be more deadly, I know when I put a racing stripe on my car it goes faster.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 00001

hit the nail on the head that's for sure.....looks are meaningless.

I can take A lighten the receiver and increase its rate of fire, does that mean its more deadly?
NOPE!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Politicians made the term "assault weapon" that is based on looks legal definitions are meaningless.

and politicians never know what the hell they are ever talking about.

edit on 19-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Wow...you managed to say something while not saying anything at all. There was an actual legal definition to the last AW ban based on mechanics and functionality, high capacity magazines, fully or semi-automatic etc...The law didn't specify "scary looking weapon"..I linked to it earlier if you actually read the thread.

Enjoy the debate...I won't be responding to the distracting nonsense...so go ahead and post away. Peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Anyone who is pushing assaut weapons is nonsense as a parting gift here:

That sure looks menacing

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Anyone who is pushing assaut weapons is nonsense

Speaking of "nonsense"...please show me where I was "pushing assaut weapons"??

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Anyone who is pushing assaut weapons is nonsense

Speaking of "nonsense"...please show me where I was "pushing assaut weapons"??

I am not Anti-Gun ownership...I own guns...and I am not for the NRAs stance either of fighting any and all regulation of guns.

anyone who doesn't support Fighting any and all regulation of guns is nonsense because if it wasn't for the NRA nobody would own what the have now.

Anyone defining what weapons a person can own and labeling them is nonsense

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

anyone who doesn't support Fighting any and all regulation of guns is nonsense because if it wasn't for the NRA nobody would own what the have now.

The second amendment has been around long before the NRA. In order to nix the 2nd amendment it would require 2/3rds of both houses, a constitutional convention and 3/4 of the states approving.

Funny how you attribute the 2nd Amendment to the NRA...

Anyone defining what weapons a person can own and labeling them is nonsense

Yay...Everyone gets RPG Launchers and Anti-Aircraft guns!! I'd like an M45 Quadmount for those noisey planes by my house!

I guess if I wait for you to say something actually meaningful or intelligent...rather than a talking bumper-sticker...I'll be waiting for a while?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You said I was "pushing assaut weapons"...you are missing both letters and words....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yay...Everyone gets RPG Launchers and Anti-Aircraft guns!! I'd like an M45 Quadmount for those noisey planes by my house!

See below

I guess if I wait for you to say something actually meaningful or intelligent...rather than a talking bumper-sticker...I'll be waiting for a while?

Nothing intelligent or meaningful abovre but condescension.

And someone is missing the entire meaning of what the second was all about seems some are all to happy to sit there roll over play dead and let government dictate what rights we have.

A country where our grandfathers could walk in to a hardware store, and buy a thompson, at the same time he could buy a stick of dynamite,

After 70 years of laws what has changed people still die and people still blow stuff up but hey don't they all just feel safe they have government protecting them.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Haha I had that same stock on my 10/22.. (B). Same freakin gun diff furniture. To them it is cosmetics.

Gs

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Neither one is an assault weapon.

An assault rifle is a fully automatic rifle which means when you pull the trigger it keeps firing till you let off the trigger.

An M16A1 is an assault rifle, an AR15 is not an assault rifle.

getting people to understand that is like trying to explain physics to a caveman.

That's what irks me is "they" want to ban things and talk about how evil they are but yet they actually don't know the first thing about any firearm.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
This is the assault weapon

Nope, That's not an assault rifle either, good guess though, thanks for playing.

It is a semi auto rifle with a 100 round Beta mag and what seems to be another not real bright person shooting it.

The rifle in the video is fine, it's the guy I question.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ha! My mistake.

I thought you were going to post a pic of an unmistakable automatic/rapid fire brrrrap-brrrap or something drastic- along-side a kid who's Dr. is standing over him with (pharmaceutical) strings attached, asking which is more dangerous...

Guns aren't even a factor until something goes wrong first; Everybody is insane?

I'll stick with my own current faculties, thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Great point.... almost exactly like my thread here

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Neither that I can tell, semi automatic with large capacity mag, and of course fully automatic.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hello everyone! This is my first post and would like to say hi to all ATS'ers!!! In today's online world modifications are the easiest thing to do to any legal hunting rifle. The Chinese or Egyptian SKS has been sold in Canada for years as a cheap inexpensive 5 shot deer rifle. Actually its a great inexpensive,accurate rifle with lots of stopping power. Semi-auto and 5 shot mag for that deer that's on the run. If you can't hit him with 5 shots he deserves to get away. lol. They are cheap and can be bought for around 200 bucks in Canada (and our gun laws are not changing anytime soon!)

SKS for sale

They look like this when bought legally:

add another $200 bucks for accessories from numerous other websites and you have this:

You can buy clips off Ebay that will hold 50 rounds. This is a 7.62X39 caliber assault weapon made from a 100% 5 shot rifle.

Again I think this backs up the claims of gun control laws on certain models will not stop anyone from getting what they want. There are also numerous shotgun kits that turn 5 shot bird guns (shotguns) into deadly tactical weapons.

Devastator kit

Just my two cents but the laws will only make these nuts that do mass killings take alternate routes to get what they need. Laws might hinder the process but will do nothing to stop the outcome.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
And why would anyone need a rifle that was designed for military and law enforcement use?

Assault rifle or not, these weapons make it much easier for anyone to go on a mass killing spree. Even if its semi automatic the trauma caused by a. 223 round is massive and would result in fatal blood loss within minutes.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Negative. The .223 is nothing but a hopped-up .22.

The most deadly small arm available to civilians is the shotgun.

5.56/.223 was designed as a "wounding" calibre, not a "killing" calibre.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but never got much traction.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllenBishop
reply to post by muse7

Negative. The .223 is nothing but a hopped-up .22.

The most deadly small arm available to civilians is the shotgun.

5.56/.223 was designed as a "wounding" calibre, not a "killing" calibre.

So the. 223 is only a "wounding" round?
you trolling?

I've seen far too many photos and watched a quite a few interviews with ER doctors that totally contradict what you just said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join