It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman's Home Planet Krypton 'Found'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

A prominent astrophysicist has pinned down a real location for Superman's fictional home planet of Krypton.Krypton is found 27.1 light-years from Earth, in the southern constellation Corvus (The Crow), says Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium in New York City. The planet orbits the red dwarf star LHS 2520, which is cooler and smaller than our sun.

link for all the info : www.space.com...

"A red dwarf is a small and relatively cool star on the main sequence, either late K or M spectral type. Red Dwarfs range in mass from a low of .075 solar masses (the upper limit for a brown dwarf) and

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yea, thats a pretty weak ploy to sell comics. They put Dr. Tyson in the comicbook with superman at the hayden planetarium. yawn.

In my day they just filled comics with huge-boobed spandex wearing super-heroines and gratuitous violence

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Superman's 'Krypton' found :
Superman has had an eventful few weeks. First he quit his job at the Daily Planet, and now he has discovered the location of his home planet Krypton.In "Action Comics" No. 14, released on Wednesday, the iconic superhero is summoned to an observatory where he's met by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. In real life, Tyson is the director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York.Tyson in the comic pinpointed Krypton, 27 years after it exploded. On that very night, its destruction is visible from planet Earth.

Here is more info. Also some other interesting space stuff. I did get the comic

link lightyears.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think that's a wonderful way of generating more interest in the sciences that surround these topics. Both for children and older kids who enjoy Comics.

It seems to me that things like this are important to keep research funded and alive.

new topics

top topics

join